GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nu Metal/Pop Punk is dead now."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/01/02 at 09:05
Regular
It's official, Radio 1 are starting a "New Show playing the best in punk/alternative/nu-metal".

When a corporate dinasaur like Radio 1 climbs on the bandwagon, the wheels fall off and it breaks under the weight.
So it's time to wash that dye out of your hair, put your skateboard away and go find a job.

Farewell Blink42bizkit, your 15 mins is up. Please go away and crossover into the dance genre now.

Excellent.
Fri 04/01/02 at 09:05
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
It's official, Radio 1 are starting a "New Show playing the best in punk/alternative/nu-metal".

When a corporate dinasaur like Radio 1 climbs on the bandwagon, the wheels fall off and it breaks under the weight.
So it's time to wash that dye out of your hair, put your skateboard away and go find a job.

Farewell Blink42bizkit, your 15 mins is up. Please go away and crossover into the dance genre now.

Excellent.
Fri 04/01/02 at 12:07
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
hmm... what show are you referring to?

The only one I know of is a show called 'the Lockup' which is not featuring pop-punk or metal, but is featuring punk rock bands with credibility (first show features Bad Religion, a punk band who have been going strong since the 80's) and other shows are said to feature the likes of AFI (californian goth-punks) and other bands which are largely unheard of.

So if that is the show you are referring to you are very misinformed about it. If it's not the show you are referring to I am sorry, but the Radio 1 rockshow has been covering Nu-metal for ages...

Anyway, when something like Nu-metal goes out of fashion (I don't believe any real punk rock was in fasion apart from the likes of Blink and Sum41 who aren't exactly what I would call decent pop-punk) then it just means that the posers leave the scene and go off and do whatever is now trendy, and the people who actually liked the music, and weren't just posing to be cool are left. (and probably get the mic taken out of them because "that music is soooo last week")
Fri 04/01/02 at 12:11
Regular
Meh, I hate nu-metal.
Fri 04/01/02 at 12:27
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
nu-metal is teeny posturing music for those times when mum really upsets you by making you stay in and tidying your room.

Limp Bizkit are particularly useful for the "I hate you mum" music that nu-metal is.
Fri 04/01/02 at 12:30
Regular
Mm, I agree. Bands that I like: Lifehouse, Nickelback, Foo Fighters, Less Than Jake, Sigur Ros (thank you Grix), Blur, Counting Crows. I also occassionally listen to Sum41 - I know, I know..

So I don't know what category that puts me in. I don't care really.
Fri 04/01/02 at 12:42
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Goatboy wrote:

nu-metal is teeny posturing music for those times when mum really upsets you by making you stay in and tidying your room.

LOL

Yeah the lyrics are along the lines of

" hate you family/ gonna kick your asss dad/ gonna smash your face mum/ won't buy me new shoes/ I f*cking hate you/ Whens dinner ready? "
Fri 04/01/02 at 12:49
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
SHEEPY wrote:
>
" hate you family/ gonna kick your
> asss dad/ gonna smash your face mum/ won't buy me new shoes/ I f*cking hate you/
> Whens dinner ready? "

---

It's funny 'cos it's true.
Papa Roach is one of the worst for this.
The singer, Coby DICK:
"It all started when I lost my mother, no love from my father..."

blah blah blah
Life sucks, wear a helmet.
Fri 04/01/02 at 12:52
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Goatboy you still haven't answered the question of what the show is called! (or if you don't know, when is it on, because I know when the one I am talking about is on)
Fri 04/01/02 at 12:54
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ah sorry.
I dont know what it's called,I was driving home last night and heard it advertised, and just thought of all the punkers on Radio 1.

Boy, that's raging against the machine alright.
"And here is punk band "Die Corporate B***h, die". And they're in the studio now with me, hello.."
"Hello"
Fri 04/01/02 at 13:04
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
ah, well, if it is this one I have heard about called 'The Lockup' then it is not suppoesed to be covering nu-metal (or any type of metal) because from what I have heard it is covering 'punk to hip hop and everything in between' so... anyway... seems very punk orientated though, what with Bad Religion and AFI being in the studio in their first two shows. Anyway...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.