GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"British Playstation Abuse Center"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/02/03 at 16:47
Regular
The PS2. It’s only a console, agreed, but who says it doesn’t have feelings? After all, the very center of it is called the emotion engine. So suppose your PS2 could see, here, feel, smell, and taste everything that you do. Well here at the BPAC (British Playstation Abuse Center) we all share that very thought; that the PS2 is a living creature and knows everything that’s going on around it. Thus, if this is the case (Which it most certainly is, believe us) then surely your little black machine will suffer from every bit of abuse you throw at it. In fact, your actions could be scaring the poor blighter right at this very moment. Yes, we can see you groping that mouse, you’d better hope your PS2 can’t see you, after all, its very controllers aren’t too dissimilar to the victim of your recent action; be warned. Now, onto the case studies…

*Pro Evo is no excuse!*

Pro Evolution Soccer 2. Brilliant game, unless you’re going to be difficult and doubt the mighty BPAC, after all, we are the brains behind this very theory. Who ‘would’ doubt us? Anyway, Pro Evo iz da bestest and fifa stinkys. But sometimes you have to admit that frustration wields its way into a perfectly harmless playing session. The referee sends you off for nothing, blood boils in your head, and Mr Dual Shock goes bouncing along the floor, revealing all that is contained inside that shiny black shell of his. You broke it. Yes, you! How would you like being thrown from ten times your own height? You wouldn’t would you? So don’t do it to your dual shocks. They are delicate little things; handle them with care, like a baby that, well, vibrates. Just be nice, we’re watching!

*Your PS2 is not Kitchenware*

No, it’s not. Does it look like a plate? If you drop it on the floor would it shatter into tiny pieces (Don’t bother, we’re watching, again)? No! So why do ‘you’, yes ‘you’, insist on decorating your PS2’s rather fetching attire with the remains of last nights dinner? Do you really think the PS2 appreciates having mayonnaise dripped onto it? Is that vinegar safe near electricals? I’ll think you’ll find the answer is no. Time and time again have we seen this very case, PS2’s dirtier than the average males surfing habits. It’s a disgrace. We would be watching you, but our eyes are on something else at the moment…

*The newspaper, get the newspaper!*

There you are, watching the T.V. like a good little boy, when suddenly two great big things appear on screen, something you can clearly relate to from your Tomb Raider playing sessions. But what’s this? Just as you’re enjoying a rather nice experience, yesterdays ‘The Sun crossword’ pops up and obscures your vision. Yes, it’s your Dad, shielding you from the X-rated action on screen (Little does he know that the crossword was on the opposite page to page 3). You’ve all been in that situation as a kid, and even though you only got a small taster, you really enjoyed it. But does your PS2? Does it really want to see all that BMX XXX has to offer? And the prostitution and lap dancing frolics that grace Vice City, does it give your PS2 the enjoyment it gives you? No, in fact it leaves the poor thing emotionally scared for life. So if you want to play ‘mucky’ games on your PS2, make sure you ‘be a Dad’ and place the newspaper in between your PS2 and the T.V. Just not Page 3, okay?

*And Finally*

When you get a new peripheral for your PS2, it’s the equivalent to your PS2, of you having a artificial limb operation; the peripheral becomes part of the PS2 like the limb becomes part of you. So think about this. Fat man gets dance mat. Fat man plugs dance mat into PS2. Dance mat becomes part of PS2. Fat man jumps around on dance mat. Fat man invites friends to come and jump around on dance mat. Now, did you think about it? It’s just like you getting your new limb and having someone jump around on it the next day. Torture! If it were up to us all those damn dance mats would be burned! Damn SR giving them as free gifts! We’re onto you!

So, we’ve said it once and we’ll say it again. We-are-watching-you. Your Playstation has feelings. Don’t abuse them.

Thanks for reading,
Nath.

And hand off that damn mouse!
Wed 05/03/03 at 19:22
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Oui. He hurt his finger the other day, and now he's got this spoon kinda thing on his finger. I don't know what it's meant to do, but i'm sure it must prevent him from playing games.
Tue 04/03/03 at 20:14
Regular
"  "
Are you freinds with Dan?
Tue 04/03/03 at 19:30
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Na, only my wallet. We bet money on this little tournament we had, just between friends. We've had 2 now, and Dan, gamer of the year, being at the first i didn't win, but i won the second, and bagged something like £12. Nunez still owes me £2 as well, i'll hunt him down tomorrow.
Sun 02/03/03 at 20:15
Regular
"  "
Cheers Juicy. Head getting a bit big there. :D
Sun 02/03/03 at 18:02
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Balls. I read this yesterday and forgot to reply. Anyways, nice one Nathan, very... original/true. Oh, and i don't need to throw my controller around when playing PES2, i'm just that damn good. Pro Evo 2 Champ at my school!
Sun 02/03/03 at 14:05
Regular
"  "
Thanks Isa dude.
Sun 02/03/03 at 13:57
Regular
"Still luv her?! dun"
Heh!! Nice one Nathan!
Sat 01/03/03 at 15:28
Regular
"  "
Erm, thanks.
Sat 01/03/03 at 15:28
Regular
lol cool thread
Fri 28/02/03 at 16:32
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Mr No Name wrote:
> short of cash and want a game Nat ?
> good enjoyable post though, just to offend my British PS2 I am
> ordering a flip top case and boot disc allowing me to play import
> games (NOT copied games)
>
> link if your interested; http://www.console-direct.co.uk/combo.htm#

been looking at the link, hmmm very interesting indeed. can you let me know how you get on with it, ie, does it really work?

ta

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.