GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Miyamoto working on a Metal Gear Solid game?!?!?!?!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance'.
Thu 27/02/03 at 11:24
Regular
Taken from gamesradar:

"Shigeru Miyamoto reveals that he's working on an unnamed MGS title. But what is it?

It's an old chestnut of a rumour that Metal Gear Solid, in some form, will appear on Gamecube. However, the rumour has come to fruition with Shigeru Miyamoto himself making a statement to the Italian gaming press to that effect.

Miyamoto is in Europe on a Zelda promotion tour and has already revealed titbits of info on Nintendo games - such as a new game in the works that uses the same game engine as Wind Waker, with ideas that had to be cut from that game making it into this new unnamed project (we think it has to be a Zelda game, although Miyamoto wouldn't confirm this). So it's in keeping with his tour to drop these little bombshells here and there.

Nintendo and Metal Gear are no strangers, with the first two games in the series appearing some years ago on NES and a MGS title appearing on Game Boy Color.

We spoke to Nintendo and they confirmed that Miyamoto is indeed working with Konami on a MGS title but wouldn't reveal any more than that. So we're still in the dark about whether the game will be a port or a brand spanking new title. However, for some time now the rumour mill would have us believe that a Gamecube remake of the original NES is on the cards.

Whatever the case, MGS on Cube is great news and we'll keep you in the know about any further developments."

Could this be the best thing ever?
Fri 28/02/03 at 14:40
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hehehe!

This is getting messy.

Anyway.......MGS on Cube will help the profile of it. Good.
Fri 28/02/03 at 01:06
Regular
I'm glad you think I'm a retard, that means I'm doing something right, it means I'm actually amking people thinks about what they're saying, because quite simply that's the best post I've seen you put forward all day.

I like my Cube, I don't want to get rid of my Cube, and there are some top games due which I'm seriously lookig forward too. Metroid, Zelda, Mario Kart online.

It was never my aim to dig at Nintendo until their stupid and ignorant fans came crawling out of the woodwork with their "you're wrong because Ninties kick ass" attitude. If people seriously look at whats on offer for all systems and then decide that it's a cube they want above all else, then I'm happy for them, because people's tastes are never the same.

I was, in the beginning at least, simply explaining to the person who started the post in Chat that the Gamecube doesn't sell well because they haven't marketed it very well for the mainstream consumer. They've squarely aimed at people who want to play quality games and don't care what the "cool" contingency think with their average PS2 games, and let's not joke here, most PS2 games are well below par. I still personally feel that the PS2 has the best games available on for a single player at the moment. Nintendo's games, other than Mario and Zelda have always seemed to suit a multiplayer experience much better, and anyone who played Mario KArt on their own, then with 4 mates on an N64 will have to agree with that point.
Fri 28/02/03 at 00:57
Regular
My point is, people who dislike a console because it doesn't appear to be doing brilliantly.

Like Belldandy, despite what he might say, his biggest issues with the Gamecube was that it wasn't advertised enough, and Nintendo aren't a booming all round fantastic company. And he then went on to sell because of this. And you are no better.

If you off the GC because it isn't marketed enough, stock drops, because Nintendo don't do enough to make themselves 'cool' and mainstream. Then you are not a gamer, you're a pathetic gimp. And you appear to be doing just that.

A console is only good or bad based on it's games, if you aren't prepared to discuss it on that level, then please, feck off and go somewhere else, you're not welcome here.

Financial success, shares, advertising, public image are NOT our concerns, take it to someone who gives a crap. We want to talk about games, and that is all.

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again;

I don't care if I'm the only GC owner in the world, there is no advertising at all, most people haven't heard of it and those that have ridicule it. If the games that I want to play are still released for it, I will be an incredibly happy person.

The next time I see someone say the Gamecube is crap because they don't do enough to make themselves cool and popular, I will execute them on the spot.

And, credit where credit is due, you're a pretty big retard.
Fri 28/02/03 at 00:42
Regular
Whitestripes wrote:
> And Bonus needs to wake up and realise that only morons like Belldandy
> measure success by how popular it is. You're sad and pathetic.

Look spastick, everything is measured by how much money makes, the games industry is a business in which all of the major companies try to maximise their dividends for their shareholders. There's little sapce for romantics in the games industry these days, you'll never find anyone who can make a game on their home spectrum and make a million anymore, it's all about corporations and profits. Welcome to capitalism!!
Fri 28/02/03 at 00:39
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Bonus wrote:
> I own all 3 console, yet I'm still classed a fanboy for expressing
> my
> opinion that from a business sense Nintendo have screwed up their
> marketing image of the Gamecube, and the GBA.
>
> Is that why GBA is the fastest selling console ever?
>
> Is that why it sells by the sh-- load?

It's also why the games for the system are in fast decline and many companies which do not get direct funding from Nintendo themselves are folding every single week.
Fri 28/02/03 at 00:38
Regular
How many times are peopel going to twist my words, look at my posts, I've all ready said that Miyamoto is the BEST GAMES DESIGNER EVER, however I do believe that Kojima is the current on form guy, probably because Nintendo are spreading Miyamoto too thinly over too many projects.

Start paying attention people, you should all know better than to take digs at people before you know their full and proper point of view.
Thu 27/02/03 at 22:59
Regular
Bonus wrote:
> Quote your reference for that in a upstanding a viable trade
> newspaper/website and look at their positions in the stock market
> respectively, only a fool would compare the Microsoft and Sony
> corporations to Nintendo.

He's right bonus mate... nearly. Sony are making a loss on the PS2 BUT they are making the largest profit. Nintendo are making loads of money on the Gamecube with each console sold but in second position although not far from Sony and Microsoft are making a killer loss. And I mean Microsoft in terms of X-box and Sony in terms of Playstation not as a company over all.

You criticise shigeru miyamoto? Well let me tell you this, I don't know many developers who make a platform game that can keep up originality and playability throughout an entire game on just a handful of moves and a few upgrades. Banjo Tooie and the PS2's recent Ratchet and Clank allr ely on extra jumps or new weapons given to them every level to make their game more playable leaving the gamer with hundreds of moves to remember. Mario Sunshine's single missions were very short Bonus if you knew how to do them and found them easy but if you found them hard you'd be trying several times and each level isn't just one shine get.

You criticize the desire to get blue/red coins? If you try and get them you'll realize getting them requires using the handful of moves in innovative and clever ways. It isn't merley collecting... the task to get them are highly complex and challenging... Noki Bay is a prime example. Naturally Mario Sunshine doesn't show much new ideas from a design point of view (although the street tops and the FLUDD idea is still strokes of genius) but his other 2 games released in Europe Pikmin and Luigi's Mansion does.

Luigi's Mansion was short but as NGC rightly said is a stroke of genius with Miyamoto showing how he can design a game perfectly. Pikmin is evidence that he is the god of gaming. One section of Pikmin had yellow Pikmin being thrown onto a high ledge to get a ship part, red pikmin to carry it through fire and the blue pikmin to get it through the water segment. It is brilliant design ideas... we had been working with individual ship parts before then. Look at Pikmin it incorperates a time management game element, mixed with a Pokemon style battle system with this Pikmin is stronger than that moster type, a clever clever clever puzzle system (as shown above) and a highly addictive game to boot.

Pikmin is perfect proof as to why Miyamoto is a far better designer than the excellent Hideous Kojima! How many genres did he make?
Thu 27/02/03 at 22:40
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Nearly right then.
Thu 27/02/03 at 22:34
Regular
Cyclone wrote:

>
>
> MP was done by Retro Studios. A second party. With direct input from
> Nintendo.

Yep all true expcept Retro Studios is a first party Nintendo developer as they are 100% owned.
Thu 27/02/03 at 19:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
This is still going on?!

Cool!

Ps2 has nothing in single player to GC.

Let me see..........FFX. Yes. Er. And.....umm.......

Hmm.

Hehe.

*stirs some more*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.