GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jackass"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/02/03 at 19:05
Regular
Some people love it some people hate it

I thinks its really, we even do some stunts in school, what about you, any of you's seen the movie yet?

Whats your best stunt they do ?
Fri 28/02/03 at 13:21
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The thing is, the sort of people that do kill themselves from imitating Jacksass are exactly the sort of people that would only end up pumping gas anyway.

Natural Selection AND funny.
Fri 28/02/03 at 13:05
"Darkness, always"
Alexj17 wrote:
> Are favorite stunt is gettin pushed on a wheelie chair into a kirb

As I'm sat here, I'm silently praying to whatever deities there are that will listen that you someday seriously hurt yourself.
Fri 28/02/03 at 13:03
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
If people die from re-creating stunts they see on Jackass then they shouldn't be buried, they should be hung up on street corners for people to laugh at them and their childish stupidity.
Fri 28/02/03 at 12:57
Regular
Just found this.

--------------------------------

A teenager died while practising what police say was a stunt he and a friend had seen in the movie Jackass.

Stephen Paul Rauen, 15, was ejected from the top of a friend's car Monday after he'd jumped on to the hood, Albuquerque police spokesperson Jeff Arbogast said.

When the driver hit the brakes, the teenager hit the pavement and then was run over and dragged a short distance.

"We had reports the individuals had done it before," Arbogast said.

Police interviewed the driver Monday evening, but Arbogast said it was too early to say whether criminal charges would be filed.

Jackass: The Movie, which opened in October, is based on the MTV show of the same name.

The show's creator, Johnny Knoxville, has said that the goal of his kamikaze comedy is simply to make people laugh, and that it has no message besides "Don't try this at home.''

Comic bits in the movie range from running around naked in public and "Candid Camera''-style pranks to injuries and gross-out antics.

The film is rated R for "dangerous, sometimes extremely crude stunts, language and nudity," according to the Motion Picture Association of America. The movie is also rated R in Canada.

The television show, which still airs in late-night reruns, has drawn criticism that it encouraged dangerous behaviour.

After Knoxville wore a fireproof suit and allowed himself to be set ablaze and "roasted" on a grill, a few imitators were severely burned when they defied the show's disclaimers and performed their own variations on the stunt in 2001.

Just last week, a 13-year-old Indiana boy died and five other teens were injured after the van they were travelling in hurtled off a railway track at more than 110 kilometres an hour.

The van crashed into a parked car and slid more than 120 metres.

Authorities found a camcorder and video cassette near the van with scenes from the show.

They say they believe the accident may have been an attempt to recreate one of the show's stunts.

The movie and the television show repeatedly run disclaimers, urging viewers not to imitate the antics.

---------------------------------

Source: thestar.com

Simple message... DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME (yes, that includes school)
Thu 27/02/03 at 21:32
Regular
"Beaten with sticks"
I dunno the 'Rent-A-Car-Derby' is pretty funny and the 'Papercuts' oh and of course the rest of the film including the Car Jhonny one (that must have been really painfull)
Thu 27/02/03 at 21:28
Judah Ben-Hur wrote:
> ROBIN!!!! Where have you been? Did you change your name? What was it?

Were have i been, well i used to come on here all the time, and talk to loads of people, E.G. wookimonster (something like that) but then i went to florida for 3 weeks in november, and then i only started comming back on here at the end of january...
Are you one of the guys i used to talk to alot????
oh, and no i have not changed any of my details atall...
Why you ask dude?
Thu 27/02/03 at 20:41
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Chef Dave and the Omlett is one of the best.
We kinda muck around at school, though there is not much to do. I hope to go down some pretty big stairs in a box soon in the north block of our school .. when we find a box.
Thu 27/02/03 at 19:57
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
ROBIN!!!! Where have you been? Did you change your name? What was it?
Thu 27/02/03 at 19:39
Regular
"Fragg for fun"
I havn't seen the movie but of wht I have seen it looks well funny. I love jackass cos it is soooo funny.
Thu 27/02/03 at 19:30
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
Are favorite stunt is gettin pushed on a wheelie chair into a kirb

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.