GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Today, I pre-ordered..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/01/02 at 22:19
Regular
Dropship.

It's due on 18th January according to SR, and having played the demos I must have it!

I had to renew my membership, too - and claimed an inflatable chair as my free gift... I'm looking forward to getting that too!

Anyway, if Dropship interests you, don't forget to pre-order!
Wed 02/01/02 at 22:19
"High polygon count"
Dropship.

It's due on 18th January according to SR, and having played the demos I must have it!

I had to renew my membership, too - and claimed an inflatable chair as my free gift... I'm looking forward to getting that too!

Wed 02/01/02 at 22:21
Regular
"WWJD"
Ive just ordered SSX Tricky and am now saving for MGS2 but not very fast i need a job i want to get more games
Wed 02/01/02 at 22:28
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
The loading times put me off Dropship. Don't get me wrong, the game's fantastic, but with the incrdibly long loading times and the small amount of missions I think I'll pass.
Wed 02/01/02 at 22:31
"High polygon count"
Erm... don't forget they were demos - pre-release, unfinished code etc.

The demos for Driver on PS1 had very, very long load times, but these were drastically cut in the final version.
Wed 02/01/02 at 22:42
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I know it's only the demo and I expect them to be cut in the finished game....but it still put me off.
Wed 02/01/02 at 22:48
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
If I could i'd be pre-ordering a ton of games right now, unfortunately my gaming buys are dictated by the income from my job, which... isn't anywhere near enough.

Still, i'll be doing my very best to have enough to pre-order both MGS2 and MoH as soon as possible.
Thu 03/01/02 at 08:00
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Dropship.

It's due on 18th January according to SR, and having played the
> demos I must have it!

I had to renew my membership, too - and claimed an
> inflatable chair as my free gift... I'm looking forward to getting that
> too!

as far as flight sim type games go i like the look of ace combat 4....which i have already mentioned
Thu 03/01/02 at 08:02
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
Blank wrote:
> The loading times put me off Dropship. Don't get me wrong, the game's fantastic,
> but with the incrdibly long loading times and the small amount of missions I
> think I'll pass.

i agree....the loading times are horrendous but as wookie said this is only a demo code. but i will be intrested to see just how much they are reduced by becuse on the demo the were outstandingly long
Thu 03/01/02 at 08:04
Regular
"Tag as above"
Dont worry wookiee, i pre ordered it too
Thu 03/01/02 at 08:37
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
I've just preordered MGS2, but not through SR... Here's why:

MGS2:

Gameplay.com = £37.99 incl. Delivery
EB = £42.99 + Delivery
Amazon = £34.99 + Del (£37.13)
Special Reserve = £36.99 + Del for non members
Play.com = £34.99 incl Delivery

Guess who I went with?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.