GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone just got Battle Engine Aquila?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Battle Engine Aquila'.
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:05
Regular
I have I got it yesterday from a company that gives you games for cheaper and a day before release *and it aint sr* from first impressions Its great just about to sit down and play heavily on it
Wed 05/03/03 at 09:16
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Yup, I did it. Use the Battle Engine with the beam laser thing.

From where you start the level fly left and land on the ridge near to the edge, transform, move down the ridge a little in the direction of the sea, the ground is lower down so the hill protects you from the missiles, and the boss will just sit there firing them in bursts. In between the bursts - he'll do about two or three, then close up until you appear, as he opens thats your chance - move in line of sight, zoom in, use the beam laser, repeat about five times and he's dead, then use the beam laser to finish of the remaining part.

The further I get into this game the more impressed I am, on the level trying to stop the sub escaping it's base....
Tue 04/03/03 at 22:56
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Star Fury wrote:
> is anyone at the bit with the big red spider boss kind of thing, it
> shoots the Venturer out of the sky.

It's got a weak point. I think you have to fire into its core when the four 'prongs' open up, if you know what I mean.
Tue 04/03/03 at 19:47
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Apologies, after having a look it does indeed have a 2player option, but if you don't have two pads plugged in - like me - it's greyed out, is anyone at the bit with the big red spider boss kind of thing, it shoots the Venturer out of the sky.
Tue 04/03/03 at 19:33
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
<=îl?é® BüLLé† wrote:
> I've got both demos on PS2 and Xbox and have to say that the Xbox
> version has much better graphics. For example the reflection of the
> sun glinting off the water in non existent on PS2.

Yeah. That's the case with most games on PS2 and Xbox. Take Splinter Cell, will that match the impressive graphics on the PS2?
Tue 04/03/03 at 14:00
Regular
"Laughingstock"
You're blind ;)

The Multiplayer is where the Load, Options, etc are.
Mon 03/03/03 at 15:56
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Anyone know how yo access them ? There's no obvious thing on the menu, or am I just blind ?
Mon 03/03/03 at 13:27
Regular
"Laughingstock"
"There are multiplayer modes", not "There is". Sorry, I'm a stickler for correct spelling.

I've completed about two-thirds of the missions, and even though it's a good game, there's something missing. That special ingredient, that spark. I'd give it about 7 out of 10.
Mon 03/03/03 at 07:49
Regular
"Laughingstock"
There is multiplayer modes!

SKIRMISH: One player joins the enemy [Muspell] and the other player joins the good guys [Foresti]. You battle to gain control of various islands.

VERSUS: One on one combat.

CO-OP: 2-player split screen co-op through the whole game, ala Halo.

I've not tried any of them, but they're there according to the manual.
Sun 02/03/03 at 19:05
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
No 2 player mode ? I thought it was supposed to have a player co-op mode. :-(

Oh well, still looks good.
Sun 02/03/03 at 18:46
"Tagline"
I've got both demos on PS2 and Xbox and have to say that the Xbox version has much better graphics. For example the reflection of the sun glinting off the water in non existent on PS2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.