GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone just got Battle Engine Aquila?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Battle Engine Aquila'.
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:05
Regular
I have I got it yesterday from a company that gives you games for cheaper and a day before release *and it aint sr* from first impressions Its great just about to sit down and play heavily on it
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:05
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
I have I got it yesterday from a company that gives you games for cheaper and a day before release *and it aint sr* from first impressions Its great just about to sit down and play heavily on it
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:08
Regular
"Unretired"
I missed the OXM issue with the B.E.A demo, from what I have seen so far it seems a fairly impressive game. I'll just have to wait and see what you think of it.
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:15
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I have it, and as soon as I've finished off an Ebay auction I'll be playing it tonight. Only got it today from the evil GAME, why ? Went to Sandiacre SR and; "Yeah, it's supposed to be out today but we haven't been sent any."

Sheer brilliance, so I had to endure a bus trip to Nottingham, in the wind/rain to get it, and as usual Game employees felt it necessary to point out;

a) When I couldn't find the game, that "it won't sell because we hardly sell Xbox games".
b) When I asked about MGS2 Substance's release being next week, "we won't have many because people buy a PS2 to play it".

Once again I wish the company overnight bankruptcy, which is a pity as Game "used" to be good. Would have gone to Gamestation but my tolerance of Nottingham's army of beggars/big issue sellers/sundry morons was feeling low so I opted to stay in the warm.

Got the new Xgamer mag as well, with the DVD, magazine is bit rubbish to be honest, the writing style seems to have turned into that of FHM / Maxim style - i.e. crap. DVD's main features seem somewhat poor too - out of date reviews, HALO 2 trailer that everyone has seen, and the DOAX video everyone has seen too.

~~Belldandy~~
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:27
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
playing the game now just dont the tutorial I like the controls
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:38
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
its hard aswell cos I dunno about anyone else but I find it strange having to use stratedgy for mech games

sorry about spelling
Fri 28/02/03 at 20:20
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Sounds like a crap shop Belldandy. Weird because the GAME shop in Basildon is pretty good and the staff are good to chat with (the one in the square, not the Eastgate shopping centre).
I've tried going to SR in Basildon as well but they rarely seem to have the games I want on release day. :-(
Fri 28/02/03 at 20:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I played a demo of this on PS2, and it seemed fun. I can imagine it would have no replay value, but on XBox it should look sharper and all that.

You could easily do worse. Seemd like a good little shooter.
Fri 28/02/03 at 20:37
"slightlyshortertagl"
Demo seems sweet. Might get it after I get Mortal Kombat
Fri 28/02/03 at 22:39
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
After playing it for two hours I can say it's pretty excellent, though quite hard in places. The missions you do vary on the rating you get for a mission, it's like a branching mission structure so that's good because it adds to the replay value, also accomplishing certain levels/tasks unlocks various extras to do with the game. Graphically it's really sharp, I'm using it with the official scart cable and it's right there with Halo, if not sharper. Recommended.

~~Belldandy~~
Sun 02/03/03 at 12:35
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I've completed about 10 missions.
It reminds me a flight sim/shooter set in the Halo universe.
If you normally like futuristic airborne shoot'em'ups, then you're bound to like this.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.