GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Driver 3 or Grand Theft Auto : Sin City"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Driv3r'.
Fri 28/02/03 at 22:19
Regular
Which one do you want for Christmas ?

I know it's only February but I want to know !!!

I want both of them !!!
Tue 04/03/03 at 19:34
Regular
Driver 3 should be out Quarter4 2003. It will be Multi-Format! The next GTA title will not be out in 2003 PERIOD! Though I would be happy enough to get my long awaited pre-ordered copy of Midnight Club 2. Suppose to be 31st Jan but now it's the 11th of April(Hope). Though Manhunt sounds intresting.
Tue 04/03/03 at 08:38
"Super Diamonds"
I think he san andreas.....?
Mon 03/03/03 at 20:40
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Lou Role wrote:
> GTA: Sin City?
>
> What?

Why not GTA: Sim city? Build an area, select some cars... (Maserati 3200s, Ferrari 575 Maranellos and Pagani Zondas all in the same level, or just *yuk* Vauxhall Cavaliers, Ford Fiestas and Austin Metros!) Then once all is built fill it with mobsters, prostitutes, and freaks... THEN TRASH THE DUMP!
Mon 03/03/03 at 20:29
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Nå†ßu© wrote:
> Driver 3 is multi-format? Come again...

Yea, look in your SR Mag, it's multi-format. I personally think this is a good thing as it allows gamers who own different consoles to have the chance to play, what I think will be a stonking game.
Mon 03/03/03 at 19:43
Regular
On the Stuntman 'DVD EXtras' menu you can watch the trailer where it says Spring 2004. The places look awesome and show some great potential to take the 'superb racing/cool shootouts' genre to new levels. Plus with the early screen shots that we've all seen it loooks pretty sharp. If the gameplay is as strong as the series suggests, its a must buy.

As for the new GTA? I was hoping that they would spend some extra time on this one. I mean, Vice city was released almost a year after GTA3 and, whilst it was a great game, it lacked the innovbative gameplay that GTA3 had given us. That may never be matched again but they should take some time to give an overhaul. This time I'm waiting to rent it... I say that now but i'll probably be first in the que on open day :(
Mon 03/03/03 at 19:31
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:

> In a demo advert I saw, it had Spring 2004 at the end.

Quite a bit after the WATCH OUT FOR DRIVER 3, OT IN 2002!! at the end of the second game. Oh, and Digi, or that HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE Ceefax thing said Summer THIS year. Tch.
Mon 03/03/03 at 19:23
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Jive wrote:
> Is this true? Just that pictures are doing the rounds of what looks
> like a fairly advanced game development wise so seeing as Christmas is
> 9 months away I'd have thought they'd be able to finish it.

---

Well, they might've moved it forwards in release date, but that isn't something we see often.

In a demo advert I saw, it had Spring 2004 at the end.
Mon 03/03/03 at 13:53
Regular
"A man with a stick"
If I had to choose, it'd be Driver 3. The GTA series is fun and entertaining, but while some rate GTA: Vice City very highly, it was hardly an innovative or groundbreaking game. It did much the same as GTA3, but had some improvements that didn't really effect how the game played on a whole.

I suspect the same will be true for the new GTa game, unless the developers decide to put a few new ideas in the game instead of recycling old ones.
Mon 03/03/03 at 11:45
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
A movie based on Driver? That's ridiculous, Driver the game was a rip off of the film "The Driver". It's like chinese whispers, lol. It'll probably end up being set in outer space.
Sun 02/03/03 at 23:55
I just read, a report posted around September last yeat stating that Driver 3 will be multi-format: PS2, X-Box, Gamecube and Pc.

It also states that the company behind the Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil films also snapped up the rights for the Driver movie...

The later is a good thing, the first is a bad thing. I guess with the competition of GTA on PS2 they see other formats as a possiblilty of Top Of The Chart title.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.