GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWF Awards"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/01/02 at 14:50
Regular
Ive only recently found the WWF forums and have found some of the topics a very interesting read, so I decided to make this topic which I hope you find a good read.

---

WWF-The Year in review

This year has been a mixed bag for WWF. At times we have had fantastic comedy skits, other times poor story lines. I am going to give my personal awards for this year.

Wrestler of the year:

Stone cold: This man despite all the injuries has produced fantastic matches at times, and really funny comedy skits. His work with Kurt Angle was fantastic and incredibly funny. His heel turn was unsuspected but was good, and now he is back baby-face everybody loves the catchphrase “WHAT?”

Tag team of the year:

Edge and Christian: This tag team was the only worthy winner in my mind, as nobody is as funny as them two put together. At wrestle mania x7, the TLC match was fantastic. Their comedy skits with various people such as Mick Foley, and William Regal were priceless. Many fans weren’t very happy when they split up, but it could be for the better.

Match of the year:

Kurt Angle Vs Shane McMahon (street fight): This amazing match was breathtaking. This match showed off all the ability of Kurt Angle, and Shane McMahon amazed everybody by being suplexed through a plate of glass. The match was on the edge of your seat stuff, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Backstage Skit of the year:

Stone cold, angle and McMahon, Cowboy hat: This skit was so funny. Stone cold produces two cowboy hats, and a toy cowboy hat for Kurt Angle, and Kurt angle wore it. That was so funny!!!!!

Ppv of the year:

Wrestlemania 17: This ppv had it all. It had a breathtaking TLC match, and a very god match between Triple H and Undertaker and the main event was amazing!!! The whole feel of Wrestlemania 17 made me think it was the best Wrestlemania of all time.

Story line Flop of the year:

The Invasion: Many WWF/WCW/ECW fans had been salivating at the thought of the three companies against each other but it was a massive flop. WCW and ECW joined together, forming the alliance, and took on the WWF in a series of matches, which many people got bored of in the end. Fans were highly disappointed, and many can’t wait for the 2 companies to split.

Announcer of the year:

Paul Heyman: Paul Heyman surprised me by his very good announcing abilities. His gimmick, the alliance side made a welcome change to Jerry Lawlers dirty old man gimmick. We didn’t here the words Puppies!!! Every 5 minutes, and the duo of J.R and Paul Heyman was good.

Best newcomer to the WWF TV:

RVD: Rob Van Dam amazed everybody in the WWF, by his athletic ability and amazing moves such as a frog splash which he has added a 90 degree turn to.
He has gave himself a not very good reputation of cutting people open often in matches, this could hold him back in the future.

---

Thanks for reading and tell me if you agree with my decisions or not.

Warning: You say something I dont like and I'll Rock Bottom you! :-D
Thu 03/01/02 at 22:06
Regular
Same ere, I only remember 2000.

9 more to go!!
Thu 03/01/02 at 15:28
i dont think shane vs angle was match of the year. although i dont remember any matches at all.
Thu 03/01/02 at 12:09
Regular
"Back in black"
Ant wrote:
> Paul Heyman was a great commentator:

PH: My sources are telling me that
> Jericho and The Rock are at it again backstage!!

JR: They are!?!?

PH: NO!!
> HAHAHAHAHA!!

ERM, how can you say that- I hated Paul. EWW Gross!!
Thu 03/01/02 at 11:58
Regular
Chrissy.P wrote:
> Jackass:
Shut up 'cos i started watching in 1999 and have seen things before
> then, and you and Davedaltrey are talking about 2001.

--------------------------------------------------

A 10 year old giving it all the mouth. Now that's a surprise! Chrissy.P, I have been watching wrestling for goodness knows how long. You really have got it in for me, haven't you? If you think you're tough enough, step up to the challenge and face the WWF Who Wants To Be A Virtual Millionnaire. I'll do a special about the years 1999, 2000,2001 and even the future of 2002. Come on boy, I want respect.

What??
WHAT!??!

I said I want respect!

WWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thu 03/01/02 at 11:46
Regular
Jetster wrote:
> By the way the 6 man hell in a cell was not at the Rumble it was at Armagedon
> 2000 acording to me mate Chris.

---------------------------------------------------

Sorry! I was out of it the other day. You were right.
Thu 03/01/02 at 11:25
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Ant wrote:
> Paul Heyman was a great commentator

No, he sucked. He sometimes said good jokes but someone else probably made them up.
Thu 03/01/02 at 11:20
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
My Awards:

Wrestler of the Year:
Jericho. The first undisputed champion and the First Grand Slam champion to win the WCW title and the WWF Hardcore title. Wicked rivalry with Stephanie. Nuff Said.

Breakout Wrestler of the Year:
Edge/Test. Edge made record tag team acheivments, won the intercontinental title twice, and won king of the ring. As for Test, well I just think he's cool.

Newcomer of the Year:
I think Rhyno and RVD. Rhyno made a massive impact and I think he will win the WWf title one day. And Rvd is amazing.

Tag Team of the Year:
Definitely the Dudleyz. The only team to ever win all three of the tag titles in the three different feds is a major acheivment.

Dissapointer of the year:
Billy Gunn. He's won King of the Ring and 8 tag titles before yet this year he does nothing. But the new gimmick with Chuck Palumbo is good.

Commentator of the year:
I hate them all.

Storyline of the year:
The two man power trip of Austin and the game. It was a shock, a great storyline.

Worst storyline of the year:
The Invasion. It was good when it first started but then went on too long and became boring.

Under-rated wrestler of the year:
Raven. He's really good but is never pushed enough. Big Show too.

Over-rated wrestler of the year:
RVD and William regal tie on this one.

Match of the year:
Raven vs. Rhyno Backlash Harcore Title. An amazing match, despite the fact that the PPV wasn't very good.

Worst PPV match of the year:
Matt vs. Jeff Special Guest referee Lita. Vengeance. Boredom.

PPV of the year:
Wrestlemania X-7, no question. 2nd best wrestlemania ever. Good main-event and a good ending to it. Amazing TLC match, too.

Worst PPV of the year:
Vengeance. Boring, and no atmosphere in the crowd.

Rivalry of the year:
Jericho vs. Stephanie - Mcmahon helmsley. Brilliant stuff. Benoit vs. Angle was good aswell.

Worst rivalry of the year:
The Invasion.

The "What happened to this rivalry" award:
Test vs. Big Show. One ppv match with someone else added in? I don't think so.

Great idea:
Pushing the Hardcore division to main eventers like Undertaker, Big Show, Kane and RVD into it.

Catchphrase of the year: What? I said, cathphrase of the ye- What????????

Theme tune of the year:
HHH - Motorhead - The Game.

PPV theme tune of the year:
Let the Bodies hit the floor

The "I wish they weren't injured" award:
HHH, Chris Benoit, and Rhyno.
Thu 03/01/02 at 08:38
Regular
"Guess who..."
Warning: You've already said something I don't like, so I'ma choke you out!

(Results of a choke out: When you wake up, you will find that your mood has changed and you will have a sharp pain in the side of your neck. This pain should leave in about 48 hrs though so it won't be too bad. However, the changed mood will last about a week and you will find that includes crying and howling "I'm not worthy, I submit to your wrath Tazz, I'm not worthy." If however, this lasts longer than a week, consult your local doctor right away. If and when your changed mood does stop though, you will find that for another week, you act like a complete thug. This is a good thing as it helps to cure the mind of a victim.)

Evil Laugh: ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, haaaaaaaaa!

I'm Tazz.
Thu 03/01/02 at 08:27
Regular
"Guess who..."
Paul Heyman was the best announcer of the year?! My big, bright, orange @$# he was! I was the best ring announcer of the year AND I choked Paul Heyman out not once.........but twice!

the best announcer of the year a.k.a. Tazz. a.k.a. Robert Kilroy-Silk
Wed 02/01/02 at 20:08
Regular
"One More Chance"
Joe Dark wrote:
> Jetster wrote:
> By the way the 6 man hell in a cell was not at the Rumble
> it was at Armagedon
> 2000 acording to me mate Chris.

That's right

So your saying I'm wright and Chrissy is wrong? By the way my name is JETSTER not Jester.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.