GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWF Awards"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/01/02 at 14:50
Regular
Ive only recently found the WWF forums and have found some of the topics a very interesting read, so I decided to make this topic which I hope you find a good read.

---

WWF-The Year in review

This year has been a mixed bag for WWF. At times we have had fantastic comedy skits, other times poor story lines. I am going to give my personal awards for this year.

Wrestler of the year:

Stone cold: This man despite all the injuries has produced fantastic matches at times, and really funny comedy skits. His work with Kurt Angle was fantastic and incredibly funny. His heel turn was unsuspected but was good, and now he is back baby-face everybody loves the catchphrase “WHAT?”

Tag team of the year:

Edge and Christian: This tag team was the only worthy winner in my mind, as nobody is as funny as them two put together. At wrestle mania x7, the TLC match was fantastic. Their comedy skits with various people such as Mick Foley, and William Regal were priceless. Many fans weren’t very happy when they split up, but it could be for the better.

Match of the year:

Kurt Angle Vs Shane McMahon (street fight): This amazing match was breathtaking. This match showed off all the ability of Kurt Angle, and Shane McMahon amazed everybody by being suplexed through a plate of glass. The match was on the edge of your seat stuff, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Backstage Skit of the year:

Stone cold, angle and McMahon, Cowboy hat: This skit was so funny. Stone cold produces two cowboy hats, and a toy cowboy hat for Kurt Angle, and Kurt angle wore it. That was so funny!!!!!

Ppv of the year:

Wrestlemania 17: This ppv had it all. It had a breathtaking TLC match, and a very god match between Triple H and Undertaker and the main event was amazing!!! The whole feel of Wrestlemania 17 made me think it was the best Wrestlemania of all time.

Story line Flop of the year:

The Invasion: Many WWF/WCW/ECW fans had been salivating at the thought of the three companies against each other but it was a massive flop. WCW and ECW joined together, forming the alliance, and took on the WWF in a series of matches, which many people got bored of in the end. Fans were highly disappointed, and many can’t wait for the 2 companies to split.

Announcer of the year:

Paul Heyman: Paul Heyman surprised me by his very good announcing abilities. His gimmick, the alliance side made a welcome change to Jerry Lawlers dirty old man gimmick. We didn’t here the words Puppies!!! Every 5 minutes, and the duo of J.R and Paul Heyman was good.

Best newcomer to the WWF TV:

RVD: Rob Van Dam amazed everybody in the WWF, by his athletic ability and amazing moves such as a frog splash which he has added a 90 degree turn to.
He has gave himself a not very good reputation of cutting people open often in matches, this could hold him back in the future.

---

Thanks for reading and tell me if you agree with my decisions or not.

Warning: You say something I dont like and I'll Rock Bottom you! :-D
Wed 02/01/02 at 14:50
Ive only recently found the WWF forums and have found some of the topics a very interesting read, so I decided to make this topic which I hope you find a good read.

---

WWF-The Year in review

This year has been a mixed bag for WWF. At times we have had fantastic comedy skits, other times poor story lines. I am going to give my personal awards for this year.

Wrestler of the year:

Stone cold: This man despite all the injuries has produced fantastic matches at times, and really funny comedy skits. His work with Kurt Angle was fantastic and incredibly funny. His heel turn was unsuspected but was good, and now he is back baby-face everybody loves the catchphrase “WHAT?”

Tag team of the year:

Edge and Christian: This tag team was the only worthy winner in my mind, as nobody is as funny as them two put together. At wrestle mania x7, the TLC match was fantastic. Their comedy skits with various people such as Mick Foley, and William Regal were priceless. Many fans weren’t very happy when they split up, but it could be for the better.

Match of the year:

Kurt Angle Vs Shane McMahon (street fight): This amazing match was breathtaking. This match showed off all the ability of Kurt Angle, and Shane McMahon amazed everybody by being suplexed through a plate of glass. The match was on the edge of your seat stuff, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Stone cold, angle and McMahon, Cowboy hat: This skit was so funny. Stone cold produces two cowboy hats, and a toy cowboy hat for Kurt Angle, and Kurt angle wore it. That was so funny!!!!!

Ppv of the year:

Wrestlemania 17: This ppv had it all. It had a breathtaking TLC match, and a very god match between Triple H and Undertaker and the main event was amazing!!! The whole feel of Wrestlemania 17 made me think it was the best Wrestlemania of all time.

The Invasion: Many WWF/WCW/ECW fans had been salivating at the thought of the three companies against each other but it was a massive flop. WCW and ECW joined together, forming the alliance, and took on the WWF in a series of matches, which many people got bored of in the end. Fans were highly disappointed, and many can’t wait for the 2 companies to split.

Announcer of the year:

Paul Heyman: Paul Heyman surprised me by his very good announcing abilities. His gimmick, the alliance side made a welcome change to Jerry Lawlers dirty old man gimmick. We didn’t here the words Puppies!!! Every 5 minutes, and the duo of J.R and Paul Heyman was good.

RVD: Rob Van Dam amazed everybody in the WWF, by his athletic ability and amazing moves such as a frog splash which he has added a 90 degree turn to.
He has gave himself a not very good reputation of cutting people open often in matches, this could hold him back in the future.

---

Thanks for reading and tell me if you agree with my decisions or not.

Warning: You say something I dont like and I'll Rock Bottom you! :-D
Wed 02/01/02 at 15:38
Regular
"Better Than You"
What are you on about. 'Cos who is actually going to read all that. Its only about whats happened this year. 'Cos anybody that is in here would know what has happened 'cos they would watch the WWF!
Wed 02/01/02 at 15:40
Regular
Wrestler of the year:

Stone cold: I agree. SCSA has done it all in the year 2001, and more recently starting the so-called McMahon/Austin 2. I think its more then two times these have collided.

Tag team of the year:

Edge and Christian: I disagree. It should the Brothers of Destruction. They were awsome and worthy of the tag-team titles. They were great fan favourites before the Undertakers turn for respect.

Match of the year:

Kurt Angle Vs Shane McMahon (street fight): I disagree. I think the 6 man Hell in a Cell way back at the Rumble was good as well as the Cactus Jack vs. HHH street Fight (Was that in 2000 or 2001?)

Stone cold, angle and McMahon, Cowboy hat: I liked the Mick Foley backstage skits.

Ppv of the year:

Wrestlemania 17: I probobaly agree.

The Invasion: I agree, but also the Main Event at Vengeance. That sucked.

Announcer of the year:

Paul Heyman: I disagree. Even though he has been fired 3 times, Good Ol' JR has got to win. Jim Ross is the man famous for his catchphrases, and a great chef (JR's BBQ sauce)

RVD: I agree. Also, Ric Flair.
Wed 02/01/02 at 15:40
Regular
"Better Than You"
What are you on about. 'Cos who is actually going to read all that. Its only about whats happened this year. 'Cos anybody that is in here would know what has happened 'cos they would watch the WWF!
Wed 02/01/02 at 15:42
Regular
Chrissy.P wrote:
> What are you on about. 'Cos who is actually going to read all that. Its only
> about whats happened this year. 'Cos anybody that is in here would know what has
> happened 'cos they would watch the WWF!

----------------------------------------------------

Listen Crissy.P, you're the youngest here, so don't feel offended, but us older fanz like to talk about the past, present and certainly things before your days.

No Offence.
Wed 02/01/02 at 15:55
Regular
"Better Than You"
Jackass:
Shut up 'cos i started watching in 1999 and have seen things before then, and you and Davedaltrey are talking about 2001.
Wed 02/01/02 at 15:59
Regular
"Better Than You"
Anyway i think Edge should be the wrestler of the year, 'cos he has acheived alot- like The tagteam championship, with Christian, the King of the Ring 2001, and 2 time Intercontinental cahampion.
Wed 02/01/02 at 16:16
Regular
"One More Chance"
I know this is complety different but who has been watching wrestling for the longest? I have been watching it since Survivor Series 98. Really sorry to move away from the topic Dave. I agree with most the stuff you said although I thought Vengence was the best PPV and that Rhyno was good not the best wrestler but his matches against Raven were great to watch there one at Backlash I think. By the way Jackass the streetfight at the Rumble was in 2000.
Wed 02/01/02 at 16:22
Regular
"One More Chance"
By the way the 6 man hell in a cell was not at the Rumble it was at Armagedon 2000 acording to me mate Chris.
Wed 02/01/02 at 16:30
Regular
"Better Than You"
Now you can all read alot of things from me-

Wrestler of the Year:
Edge-acheivemants- Tagteam champion with Christian, King of the Ring 2001, 2 time Intercontinental champion.

Tagteam of the Year:
Dudley Boyez-acheivements- Making history 'cos they have won all three WWF, WCW and ECW tagteam championship, 1 time WCW tagteam champions, few time WWF tagteam champions.

Newcomer of the Year:
Rob Van Dam-acheivements- 2 time hardcore champion- RVD is a great athlete and wrestler. (Hurricame Helms nearlly won it for me 'cos hes a superhero and a great wrestler).

Commentater of the Year:
Paul Heyman (I don't like him though)- He's funny in a stupid way, and is really anoying.

Event of the Year:
Invasion- I like it 'cos there was that ace final match, and the matches were for points, and the last match was the decider.

Match of the Year:
10 man tagteam match (Invasion)- This match was just so ace, 'cos you didn't know what would happen next and it was good the way Austin defected, and then the WWF lost.

Backstagebit of the Year:
Austin chasing Booker T- It was so funny when Austin was chasing Booker T in his truck, and they were fighting in the supermarket, and Austin was pouring food and stuff on him. Then went 'cos the cops were nearlly there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.