GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is it Mr T's fault?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/01/02 at 21:46
Regular
The question I ask of you on this first day of 2002 may sound completely ridiculous, but think about it for a moment.

Is Mr T to blame for a generation of bad TV?

I'm going to need to explain where I'm coming from here, so read on, and be patient....

Mr T is best known for his role in the A-Team in which he played B.A. I'm sure you all know that BA stood for Bad Attitude, and I pity the fool that tries to live up to the image of BA in the A-Team. But herein lies the problem. Every show seems to think it needs a little Bad Attitude.

There are tons of shows out there that come off as being really poor because of the way the characters act. They try to act cool, like they got attitude, but they don't got it. They can do the furrowed brow, and pouty lips thing, but that's not enough, they don't got the stare, or the catchphrases.

Had Mr T not have been so damn good as BA, so respected by kids all over the world (well, us 80's kids) then would TV be the same today? Those little kids that argued in the playground about who was going to be BA, and who'd have to be Face are now out there making shows, and they want to create the next BA.

BA was a one off though. He was special. He had a big fluffy ear-ring, and was scared of airplanes. Still, he'd knock back that drink he was given at the airport everytime, wouldn't he? Today's characters that try to be BA, try to act like they ain't no fool, they just aren't good enough. More often than not it's little kids with Bad Attitude. Now that's just not cool. It's not original anymore, and it's not fun.

There's only one BA, and only one Mr-T, trying to give someone else what he had just isn't working.But had BA not have been so good, would TV shows be so bad?
Tue 01/01/02 at 21:57
Regular
You wanna see something scary?

Watch Mr T run. Imagine him running towards you.

Crikey. Scares me whenever I think about it.

As for everyone trying to copy Mr T... you're probably right. Perhaps some kids haven't tried to copy BA themselves... but tried to copy someone who's trying to copy BA themselves.

Perhaps Mr T is the sun of the being bad and cool, the source of all energy. Like the Head Vampire.

Does this mean we have to kill him to destroy all the others?

I hope to hell not.
Tue 01/01/02 at 21:55
no if you want to find the reason for all the bad tv or in the genre i'm gonna concentrate on comedy then blame all the Politically Correct idiots. Shows like Fawlty Towers or the Benny Hill show would never have made it on air in this day and age because one was racist and the other was sexist going by the PC standards. May not have been PC but they were pretty damn hilarious especially Basils don't mention the war. You can't say anything these days without having half a dozen crazy idiots surround you and say your a chauvanist or a racist pig (course you can only be a man for all these things) so that's about 90% of the comedy gone because the freedome of speech has gone. compare the comedies in the 70's and 80's just how many were so hilarious and now have cult stasis. now pick a comedy from 1995 and forward i doubt you'll be able to find at least 2 that were actually any good. this only applies to comedy very rigidly but can also stretch over to other genres as well. So don't blame BA blame those PC fools
Tue 01/01/02 at 21:46
Regular
"not dead"
The question I ask of you on this first day of 2002 may sound completely ridiculous, but think about it for a moment.

Is Mr T to blame for a generation of bad TV?

I'm going to need to explain where I'm coming from here, so read on, and be patient....

Mr T is best known for his role in the A-Team in which he played B.A. I'm sure you all know that BA stood for Bad Attitude, and I pity the fool that tries to live up to the image of BA in the A-Team. But herein lies the problem. Every show seems to think it needs a little Bad Attitude.

There are tons of shows out there that come off as being really poor because of the way the characters act. They try to act cool, like they got attitude, but they don't got it. They can do the furrowed brow, and pouty lips thing, but that's not enough, they don't got the stare, or the catchphrases.

Had Mr T not have been so damn good as BA, so respected by kids all over the world (well, us 80's kids) then would TV be the same today? Those little kids that argued in the playground about who was going to be BA, and who'd have to be Face are now out there making shows, and they want to create the next BA.

BA was a one off though. He was special. He had a big fluffy ear-ring, and was scared of airplanes. Still, he'd knock back that drink he was given at the airport everytime, wouldn't he? Today's characters that try to be BA, try to act like they ain't no fool, they just aren't good enough. More often than not it's little kids with Bad Attitude. Now that's just not cool. It's not original anymore, and it's not fun.

There's only one BA, and only one Mr-T, trying to give someone else what he had just isn't working.But had BA not have been so good, would TV shows be so bad?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.