GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is it Mr T's fault?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/01/02 at 21:46
Regular
The question I ask of you on this first day of 2002 may sound completely ridiculous, but think about it for a moment.

Is Mr T to blame for a generation of bad TV?

I'm going to need to explain where I'm coming from here, so read on, and be patient....

Mr T is best known for his role in the A-Team in which he played B.A. I'm sure you all know that BA stood for Bad Attitude, and I pity the fool that tries to live up to the image of BA in the A-Team. But herein lies the problem. Every show seems to think it needs a little Bad Attitude.

There are tons of shows out there that come off as being really poor because of the way the characters act. They try to act cool, like they got attitude, but they don't got it. They can do the furrowed brow, and pouty lips thing, but that's not enough, they don't got the stare, or the catchphrases.

Had Mr T not have been so damn good as BA, so respected by kids all over the world (well, us 80's kids) then would TV be the same today? Those little kids that argued in the playground about who was going to be BA, and who'd have to be Face are now out there making shows, and they want to create the next BA.

BA was a one off though. He was special. He had a big fluffy ear-ring, and was scared of airplanes. Still, he'd knock back that drink he was given at the airport everytime, wouldn't he? Today's characters that try to be BA, try to act like they ain't no fool, they just aren't good enough. More often than not it's little kids with Bad Attitude. Now that's just not cool. It's not original anymore, and it's not fun.

There's only one BA, and only one Mr-T, trying to give someone else what he had just isn't working.But had BA not have been so good, would TV shows be so bad?
Wed 02/01/02 at 17:51
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
funkygamer wrote:
> Salevaa wrote:
> I have the strangest feeling of Deja Vu - dodging
> bullets?
> Ok...I thought the only way to kill Mr T was to, and I
>
> quote Monkey_Man when I say "The only way to overcome the
> T is to
> trick him into drinking knockout milk. Then he'll
> get on that
> plane." You sir have made a contradiction!

When I said this, I menat
> "that". As in, "Drug Mr. T. with milk, this is the only way to
> beat him" Do you see?

I was by no means suggesting that Mr. T could be
> overcome with puny bats and guns. Ha. Don't make me laugh.

> No - but the
> real question is will Mr T star as "The New
> One" in the Matrix
> 2: Reloaded.

Is that a rumour you have just made up, or are you serious?

Joke / rumour.
Wed 02/01/02 at 17:50
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
i aint no sucka hehe anyway do a search on Mr T on yahoo and you get a load of sites up my fave is Mr T vs britney spears and Mr T vs Bevis and Butthead which had sounds files to where they've cut and joinded diffrent sound clips. there are loads wish i bookedmarked some now :(
Wed 02/01/02 at 17:14
I pity tha fool that messes with me! All you suckas can hear is you pea brain rollin' around in your heads. Fools.
Wed 02/01/02 at 17:06
Salevaa wrote:
> I have the strangest feeling of Deja Vu - dodging bullets?
> Ok...I thought the only way to kill Mr T was to, and I
> quote Monkey_Man when I say "The only way to overcome the
> T is to trick him into drinking knockout milk. Then he'll
> get on that plane." You sir have made a contradiction!

When I said this, I menat "that". As in, "Drug Mr. T. with milk, this is the only way to beat him" Do you see?

I was by no means suggesting that Mr. T could be overcome with puny bats and guns. Ha. Don't make me laugh.

> No - but the real question is will Mr T star as "The New
> One" in the Matrix 2: Reloaded.

Is that a rumour you have just made up, or are you serious?
Wed 02/01/02 at 16:52
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
funkygamer wrote:
> monkey_man wrote:
> The only way to overcome the T is to trick him into
>
> drinking knockout milk.
> Then he'll get on that plane.

See
> Salevaa. monkey_man knows the drill.

This is the onnly way to beat
> Mr.T.

You might have baseball bats and Tommy guns, but Mr. T would just puch
> you in the face, rip the bat outa your hand, then, as you were firing the Tommy
> Gun, he would catch a rogue bullet, knock it into the bat, so the sharp end is
> pointing out, then proceed to smack 'yo candy all over
> town.

I have the strangest feeling of Deja Vu - dodging bullets?Ok...I thought the only way to kill Mr T was to, and I quote Monkey_Man when I say "The only way to overcome the T is to trick him into drinking knockout milk. Then he'll get on that plane." You sir have made a contradiction!

Didn't you see episode 14 of The A Team? 3rd scene, 2 minutes in, just after they built a tank from sticky-back plastic and toilet rolls?

No - but the real question is will Mr T star as "The New One" in the Matrix 2: Reloaded.
Wed 02/01/02 at 14:32
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Mr.T is infallible.

It doesn't matter if he made a million bad, corny films; he made one classic TV series.

go to this site now, I just found it!

http://www.sparse.org/~mrt

you can Mr.t-ise web pages!
Wed 02/01/02 at 14:28
no one can defeat MR T he's like immortal. he's the god of a generation of kids and no 30 kids would be able to beat him at all. all those tommy gun bullets would just bounce off the mans jewellery and i pity the fool that think MR T can be beaten

the closest thing ever to come close to MR T is the MR T thing that was on digitiser on channel 4 teletext. GET AWAY FROM MY BINS YOU DAMN KIDS
Wed 02/01/02 at 13:10
monkey_man wrote:
> The only way to overcome the T is to trick him into
> drinking knockout milk.
> Then he'll get on that plane.

See Salevaa. monkey_man knows the drill.

This is the onnly way to beat Mr.T.

You might have baseball bats and Tommy guns, but Mr. T would just puch you in the face, rip the bat outa your hand, then, as you were firing the Tommy Gun, he would catch a rogue bullet, knock it into the bat, so the sharp end is pointing out, then proceed to smack 'yo candy all over town.

Didn't you see episode 14 of The A Team? 3rd scene, 2 minutes in, just after they built a tank from sticky-back plastic and toilet rolls?

Jeez.
Wed 02/01/02 at 12:07
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The only way to overcome the T is to trick him into drinking knockout milk. Then he'll get on that plane.
Wed 02/01/02 at 12:05
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
funkygamer wrote:
> Salevaa wrote:
>::About 30 kids jump on top of him with baseball bats and
>
> batter him - leaving him for dead::

Yeh. Right. He'd still whoop 'yo
> punk ass, I pity the fool that thinks he can take on Mr T and still come out
> breathing!

NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY can beat 30 hyperactive 12 year olds. Ok, try this:

::The kids all brandish Tommy Guns and shoot T, leaving him for dead::

You seen the untouchables? I was DeNiro!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.