GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dreamweaver 4 newbie need loads of help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/01/02 at 21:40
Regular
Hey guys

I have just got myself a copy of dreamweaver4, fireworks and flash 5 also dreamweaver ultradev4?, i really want to use these to create my web site, as at the moment i only use frontpage but i think dreamweaver would be much better, the only problem is i have no idea on how to use it. i have made my home page with one frame on the left of the page, in this frame i want to put all my links but i want to make them interactive so basically when you hover over them with your mouse something will happen to the button can i do this in dreamweaver or do i need to use one of the other macromedia software, as you can see i am a real beginner with dreamweaver and i have no idea about Html either.

Can you guy help in anyway?

C.b.

yout probably gonna see alot more of me

SORRY!!!
Wed 02/01/02 at 12:09
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
+ I think you should think about what you want on your site before you go building things, although practice is great.

The different programs you have there all do different and same things, which can be useful, Flash5 is great for making buttons and other images, including banners, aswell as short and long movies, you can make complete websites using that one program.

Dreamweavers also great,they have loads of sample images and buttons to make your work easier + they're good for inspiring your own buttons...etc. quite a good place to learn html coding me thinks.

Fireworks is great for everything image wise, although it takes a while to get used to, great things have been made on this, but considering it costs over $300 it should do.
Wed 02/01/02 at 12:04
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
yeah but then your using two files (twice the space) if you make one file that does all the work, it saves space making the overall page smaller. You can just use normal links with rollovers but I don't know how, maybe someone will be kind enough to enlighten us.
Wed 02/01/02 at 10:26
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
You can do a roll over image easier than that. Go to insert and then to interactive images. Then rollover image. It will then come up with a box, so you can put the location of the 2 pictures you want to roll over.
Wed 02/01/02 at 01:35
cheers guys

C.b.
Wed 02/01/02 at 00:30
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
All Macromedia come with tutorials built into the help system. I suggest you work through them all, WITHOUT EXCEPTION. It will teach you everything, trust me.
Tue 01/01/02 at 23:33
Hallo... You should have all the programs you need to make a half-decent web site.

Here is how to do a simple mouse "rollover" in Dreamweaver, try this first, then experiment...

1) Click on the image you want use to make something happen, make sure you have named the image using the little pallette the lets you change the image properties (height, width, link, etc)
2) Go to "Window" on the top menu bar
3) Select "Behaviours"
4) A new little tool pallette should have popped up, notice the "+" and "-" signs on it. Click the "+"
5) A long menu will appear, this is a list of behaviours you could chose, but right now, go for "Swap Image"
6) You should see your named image pop up in a list, if you haven't named you image, you will see it say "unnamed"
7) Use the "browse" button to select another image, this will be what your original image will change to upon mouse over.
8) Notice the other defaults "PreLoad Images" and "Restore Images onMouseOut" - fairly self explanatory, at this stage, leave them alone.
9) Click "OK"
10) Save and Preview your page in a browser, put your mouseover the image, et voila.

Behaviours can be usefull, but I would advise you learn to write Javascript and not use behaviours too much.

With Dreamweaver Ultradev, you can use behaviours to call records from a database, in much the same way you just added that rollover.

Good luck.
Tue 01/01/02 at 21:40
Hey guys

I have just got myself a copy of dreamweaver4, fireworks and flash 5 also dreamweaver ultradev4?, i really want to use these to create my web site, as at the moment i only use frontpage but i think dreamweaver would be much better, the only problem is i have no idea on how to use it. i have made my home page with one frame on the left of the page, in this frame i want to put all my links but i want to make them interactive so basically when you hover over them with your mouse something will happen to the button can i do this in dreamweaver or do i need to use one of the other macromedia software, as you can see i am a real beginner with dreamweaver and i have no idea about Html either.

Can you guy help in anyway?

C.b.

yout probably gonna see alot more of me

SORRY!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.