GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dreamweaver 4 newbie need loads of help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/01/02 at 21:40
Regular
Hey guys

I have just got myself a copy of dreamweaver4, fireworks and flash 5 also dreamweaver ultradev4?, i really want to use these to create my web site, as at the moment i only use frontpage but i think dreamweaver would be much better, the only problem is i have no idea on how to use it. i have made my home page with one frame on the left of the page, in this frame i want to put all my links but i want to make them interactive so basically when you hover over them with your mouse something will happen to the button can i do this in dreamweaver or do i need to use one of the other macromedia software, as you can see i am a real beginner with dreamweaver and i have no idea about Html either.

Can you guy help in anyway?

C.b.

yout probably gonna see alot more of me

SORRY!!!
Mon 07/01/02 at 21:09
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
oops just re-read your post!! And you said you don't know much bout HTML!

It might be worth getting a book about DreamWeaver 4, or HTML if you want to learn it!

But DW isn't too hard to learn really. You can get backgrounds by going to MODIFY>PAGE PROPETIES and sorting most things from there. IMAGES, INSERT>IMAGES, and use a table layout to make space for menus text etc.!
Mon 07/01/02 at 21:05
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Which view are you using???

HTML CODE, HTML/WYSIWYG, or WYSIWYG??
Sat 05/01/02 at 13:34
I dont have a clue what your on about.

Never used that stuff before...???...
Sat 05/01/02 at 13:32
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Depends. First you need a server. There are a lot of free ones but they may put ads on. Freeola are good.

Secondly, you need an FTP program. Either use DW's built in or go to download.com and pick up a free one. That's it!
Sat 05/01/02 at 13:29
Hi Guys.

I have Dreamweaver 3 and am using it in college, so I got it at home and was wondering how can I put my website I have designed on the web and will it cost me anything to do so.

Cheers for any help.

The Game Triple Rhys
Wed 02/01/02 at 16:07
Tyla wrote:
> I assume you mean creating an effect which changes the
> state of the text giving the impression of a rollover?
> If so, this is simple CSS.

Ahem. It would of course be an external CSS, saving you from lots of code in the HTML page?
Wed 02/01/02 at 13:16
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
I've got a script that sorts out the rollovers and preloads the images if you are interested. It is extremely easy to use.
Wed 02/01/02 at 12:12
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Fogmaster wrote:
> yeah but then your using two files (twice the space)

On another note... if you use a JavaScript pre-load images command, the rollovers will be cached from the initial load preventing repetative downloads. Download once, use many.
Wed 02/01/02 at 12:10
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Fogmaster wrote:
> Fireworks is great for everything image wise,
> although it takes a while to get used to, great things have been made on this,
> but considering it costs over $300 it should do.

Great things have been produced on Photoshop and Quark, both almost twice the price of Fireworks!! It's not the tools that produce the results but the user!!
Wed 02/01/02 at 12:09
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Fogmaster wrote:
> yeah but then your using two files (twice the space) if you make one file that
> does all the work, it saves space making the overall page smaller. You can just
> use normal links with rollovers but I don't know how, maybe someone will be kind
> enough to enlighten us.

I assume you mean creating an effect which changes the state of the text giving the impression of a rollover? If so, this is simple CSS.

a:hover

Example:

a:hover {
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 9pt;
font-style: normal;
font-weight: normal;
color: #9999FF;
background-color: #000033;
text-decoration: none;
text-align: left
}

You can change any of the variables to create a roll over effect ie:

font-weight: bold;
text-decoration: underline;

This will make the text switch to Bold underlined when the mouse goes over it.

Much quicker that producing text bases image rollovers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.