GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which is better, buying on or off line?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/09/00 at 14:02
Regular
Personally, I prefer off line, no credit card required, you can touch the product before you buy it in a shop, feel the quality, read the back of the box.

On line you are wholly dependant on the presentation of the seller, but the advantage here is that you can view demos more easily and there is a much wider product range available to you.

Certainly both types of shopping have pros and cons, travel costs/online costs, you can shop around more easily online, but are the goods going to be all they are hyped up to be?

I think the size of the Gamereserve site speaks a lot for itself, it is popular because I think gameplayers are shifting more towards online buying rather than the shops. It is becoming more "acceptable" to use credit cards on line, but where does this leave the high street retailers; will they gradually move to on line retailing? If so what does that mean for jobs in the gaming retail sector? Good or bad?
Mon 04/09/00 at 14:14
i prefer online, its alot cheaper and easier to find.
i got tony hawks, brand new for £10 the other day, and it was not an illegal copy, it was the real thing!
Mon 04/09/00 at 14:02
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Personally, I prefer off line, no credit card required, you can touch the product before you buy it in a shop, feel the quality, read the back of the box.

On line you are wholly dependant on the presentation of the seller, but the advantage here is that you can view demos more easily and there is a much wider product range available to you.

Certainly both types of shopping have pros and cons, travel costs/online costs, you can shop around more easily online, but are the goods going to be all they are hyped up to be?

I think the size of the Gamereserve site speaks a lot for itself, it is popular because I think gameplayers are shifting more towards online buying rather than the shops. It is becoming more "acceptable" to use credit cards on line, but where does this leave the high street retailers; will they gradually move to on line retailing? If so what does that mean for jobs in the gaming retail sector? Good or bad?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.