GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which is better, buying on or off line?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/09/00 at 14:02
Regular
Personally, I prefer off line, no credit card required, you can touch the product before you buy it in a shop, feel the quality, read the back of the box.

On line you are wholly dependant on the presentation of the seller, but the advantage here is that you can view demos more easily and there is a much wider product range available to you.

Certainly both types of shopping have pros and cons, travel costs/online costs, you can shop around more easily online, but are the goods going to be all they are hyped up to be?

I think the size of the Gamereserve site speaks a lot for itself, it is popular because I think gameplayers are shifting more towards online buying rather than the shops. It is becoming more "acceptable" to use credit cards on line, but where does this leave the high street retailers; will they gradually move to on line retailing? If so what does that mean for jobs in the gaming retail sector? Good or bad?
Wed 06/09/00 at 01:32
bl00dy good point old chap, what what..
Tue 05/09/00 at 19:30
To tell the truth
(coin a frase)I COULDN'T GIVE A RATS A**E
WHICH YOU PEOPLE THINK IS BETTER I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I'M DOING WRITING THIS CAUSE I'M WASTING MY TIME
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tue 05/09/00 at 08:50
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Thanks for the link Dan :)

I've used Gamestreet a few times, if I ever buy domestic titles I sometimes get em' from there, especially with the cheap prices and all. But, most of the time, I end up getting a lot of my titles on import.

SNK Vs Capcom this Friday! Yay!

Bleeders
Mon 04/09/00 at 22:45
have you heard of gamesstreet?
Mon 04/09/00 at 22:30
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Mon 04/09/00 at 19:48
SR are not an internet company - they have a huge website that is run by us forum members basically. I think they check emails about 1 every quarter. i.e SR are cr4p 4 internet buying - plus they are the most expensive popular site.
Mon 04/09/00 at 17:11
Regular
"Under the Wall"
If you're careful, you need never get any trouble from buying on the internet. If you keep to names you know you can trust, there isn't really going to be a problem.
When it's computer games you're buying provided you know you'll get it (reasonably fast) that's enough, but with clothing, and that kind of thing, it's generally a good idea to get your hands on the product first, to make sure of the quality. Even with a good returns policy it's a hassle to send things back for replacements or refunds.

The benefits? Lower prices, easy, comfortable shopping environment and you don't find yourself in the middle of town on a wet saturday with nothing to show for your bus fare because the shop didn't have what you wanted.

Of course, everyone here can recomend special reserve, having experienced fast delivery, reliability, a good quality product and great prices.
(Can I have a tissue to wipe my nose clean now!)
Mon 04/09/00 at 16:05
Bleeders what is your email address - don't worry - I'm not going to let you earn money - I just want to recommend a games site to you.
Mon 04/09/00 at 15:49
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
At first I was quite sceptical of Internet Shopping, what with giving out my Credit Card details and all. But recently, I’ve become quite akin to shopping on the Internet. Usually, I'll trake down to my local shopping centre and have a browse around y'know? But if there's something I know I won't get hold of for a good while, then that's where Internet Shopping comes in handy.

I haven't bought anything extravagant over the Internet yet, like a Home Cinema kit or something like that. Games and DVD's are usually the order of the day for me.

I've found when I purchase a game online, the game itself is fairly cheap, but I've found the shipping costs are sometimes quite expensive. I recently purchased an import version of Giant Gram 2000; the game itself was $53, which is about £35. The
Shipping was $17, which works out at £10. So when you think about it, I'm only saving £5. Not a huge saving I know, but a saving none-the-less.

Oh, then there’s the waiting ;)

Bleeders
Mon 04/09/00 at 15:12
WHERE!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.