GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Poker"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/07/07 at 07:01
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Well I did say I’d do it :)

If you don’t know how to play poker, you’ve got til Monday to learn ;) but I’ve made things very simple and easy for the newbies. Best thing to do is just learn the hands here It should take about 10-15 minutes before its very clear.
As I wont be able to play : ( I’ll be quite happy to help explain the rules during the game via email or msn to anyone who needs them. While I’ve written a lot out here, its just to clear up how this differs from a normal game.

The Rules and various other bits

The game is Texas Holdem. It’s a 7 card game in which you are given 2 private cards and 5 community cards are dealt for everyone. You have to make the best 5 hand from these 7 cards.

We start on Monday (i may run a small game tomorrow to make sure everyone knows how it'll work)

We’re limited to 20 players. Leave your name if you’re interested

There will be only one hand per day (certainly for the 1st stage) and we don’t play on weekends

Your 2 cards will be dealt (emailed or msn’ed) to you sometime between midnight and midday. (Obviously I need a private way of getting you your cards)
I’ll be using my old email account for this so if you’re playing send an email to this address or add it to MSN. [email protected]

You will start with £50

There is a £1 automatic blind in the first week for everyone

The buy in for each stage is £3. It’ll cost you £3 to see the flop (The first 3 cards) and then £3 each for the turn and river cards. Basically if you play to the end of the hand it’ll cost you £10

The flop will be dealt at midday

The turn card will be dealt at 4pm

The river will be dealt at 8pm

Aces are high and low

There will be no raising. I may consider a proper better stage later in the game

If you’re not around at the time to buy-in for the next card, I’ll allow a pre-buy-in where you can pay in advance. Obviously you wont be around to see the cards so it’s a disadvantage but that’s your choice. Anyone who hasn’t bought in for the next stage will be taken as having folded.

Stage 2 (Optional)

When we’re down to 10 players traditional betting rules apply, apart from no raising before the flop is dealt. The buy-in will remain but further buy-ins will be removed.
There will be 1 round of betting after the flop, 1 round of betting after the turn and 1 round of betting after the river.

No raising will be allowed on the second time around. If player 1 raises to £60, everyone calls and player 10 raises to £70, no further raising will be allowed after player 10. All players will be given the option to call or fold.

All-in bets that are raised will lead to a 2nd pot being created.

Be patient with me. This is not a simple thing to organise and it’s going to take up my time.

Winner is at the dealers (me) discretion. As are other rules.

I reserve the right to up the blinds if I feel theyre too small, as is likely when we get down to only a few players.

The only point where hands can be shown is at the end. Any trading of information will lead to a permanent disqualification.

If you’re not dealt your cards in the morning it’s because I’m not available to run the game on that day or cant find a replacement. I do have a life to lead sometimes but I’ll leave a message on the forum if that’s the case.

I may not use the second stage if I think things are too complicated. I quite like stage 1 in terms of simplicity.

Smedlos
Shrimper
Chaos
Snake
Thu 12/07/07 at 23:15
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Well I'm in.
Thu 12/07/07 at 22:47
Regular
"Mooching around"
Get the caffine going :)
Thu 12/07/07 at 14:00
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Chaos wrote:
> Couldn't they just host their own website with a flash (maybe)
> version of Texas Hold'em? That would seem to work... Every month
> make a tournament, winner takes the GAD.

In theory they could, in practice everything has to be closely co-ordinated though as if you have a 24 hour poker game or even a 3 hour poker game it's quite possible you could end up waiting ages for other people to play. Basically any game on this forum has to be slow and be inclusive for everyone.
The only way they have could have poker on here would be to use this format but use a multi-table system where we're split into groups. Now consider that we've god knows how many users on here (who may or may not play, i think you'd have to choose to to cut the numbers) and it'd be one hand a day, it'd take 6 months to play 1 game.
Thu 12/07/07 at 13:50
Regular
"Mooching around"
Nin wrote:
> Shrimper wrote:
> Yeah I will play, is there a GAD for the winner or this a test
> just to see how well it could work.
>
> Freeola could use this after Bingo.
>
> It would be quite difficult for Freeola to use poker on this
> forum because you're limited to 23 players max by the size of
> the deck. The normal betting system would also be quite
> difficult to implement. The only way it could be done would be
> to use multiple tables. I cant see them ever using it.

Couldn't they just host their own website with a flash (maybe) version of Texas Hold'em? That would seem to work... Every month make a tournament, winner takes the GAD.
Thu 12/07/07 at 13:46
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Shrimper wrote:
> Yeah I will play, is there a GAD for the winner or this a test
> just to see how well it could work.
>
> Freeola could use this after Bingo.

It would be quite difficult for Freeola to use poker on this forum because you're limited to 23 players max by the size of the deck. The normal betting system would also be quite difficult to implement. The only way it could be done would be to use multiple tables. I cant see them ever using it.
Thu 12/07/07 at 10:49
Regular
"Mooching around"
Yay! Finally, someone bothered to work it all out =)

I'm in. Email's away
Thu 12/07/07 at 10:45
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
Yeah I will play, is there a GAD for the winner or this a test just to see how well it could work.

Freeola could use this after Bingo.
Thu 12/07/07 at 09:19
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Good. If i can get 6 people signed up by tonight i'll have a practice game tomorrow.
Thu 12/07/07 at 09:03
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I'm up for it :)
Thu 12/07/07 at 08:54
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Nope. I've seen people on here saying they wanted it introduced on Freeola so i want to see if it can be done. Also Yahoo is crap and no other site lets you create private tables without paying.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.