GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What happened in Metal Gear Solid 1?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/01/02 at 03:26
Regular
seeing as i won MGS2 and have only played MGS1 for a couple of days (borrowed off longy) i was wondering if you could tell me what happened in it?
Mé†ál Gé᮲ºº²
Tue 01/01/02 at 20:29
here's what happens DEEP breath

solid snake infiltrates terrorist base who are threatening to launch the new metal gear technology unless their demands are met.

snake fights way into base and on way spies liquid snake his brother flying off in a russian hind helicopter.

fights his way through some more and gets into a air vent where he spies a woman exercising and then goes on to see the Darpa Chief donald anderson to rescue him.

Snake gets alot of info from the darpa chief who later turned out to be decoy octopus master of disguise and he dies of a supposed heart attack to snakes surprise.

the woman in the other cell breaks out and then pulls gun on snake thinking he killed him.

guards burst through get killed by snake and finally meryl when she bothers to shoot snake and meryl escape meryl runs off and then psycho mantis shows up on scene in a illusion.

snake then goes to fight revolver ocelot. big fight BANG BANG ninja swoops in and chops ocelots hand off then has a spasm attack before disappearing again. ocelot does usual it ain't over yet bad guy speech to snake before legging it like a coward

snake talks to baker who he saved and the old guy dies of heart attack too after telling snake how to disarm metal gear the hard way after he forgets the code.

snake calls meryl up on codec she opens door for him he goes through infra red beams and then ends up on snowfield

first fight with raven as he shows up in a tank. he hides in tank while two normal soldiers shoot at snake. snake chucks some grenades and kills them and destroys the tank a bit. raven tells liquid that snakes very strong not to underestimate him

meryl babbles on oh wow snake your so good beating a tank by yourself

were in the missile base now snake can't use weapons so you have to fight way there.

more fighting then using lift

end up on floor where psycho mantis is. you go and kill a guard in the toilet and then wait for meryl to go to the ladies toilets.

rush in after her (very ungentlemanly) and again she pulls gun on you (that's what you get rude boy)

talking blah de blah get keycard

arrive at psycho mantis fight then meryl starts acting weird.

fight psycho mantis with controller in slot 2 and kick his butt easily with a famas

starts babbling bout his childhood and then dies

after he shuts up and dies you go into cave area where some wolves are who seem to like meryl. slap meryl hide in box wolf pees on box you smell of wolf so no worrying about being attacked by them now.

open the door and then meryl gets shot by sniper wolf (silly girl)

HUGE backtrack here as you go and get the sniper rifle to fight sniper wolf.

more fighting on the way

get sniper rifle

more fighting on way back (thwack pow smash)

sniper fight with wolf now. when you win you go up to the balcony where she was and she's disappeared. you go to open a door and she pops up behind you drat drat and double drat you've been caught

hooked up to a torture device where if you submit meryl dies at end and if you don't she lives (hooray) revolver ocelot seems to take alot of pleasure in stripping you of your top.................oh and torturing you.

eventually the torture stops and thanx to otacon you escape from jail using some tomato ketchup in your usual stealthy way and grab your gear.

on your way to the communications tower A snake goes past a pool of meryl's blood and he has flashback. the guys on the codec provide him with emotional support

arrive at big flight of stairs you get spotted by camera and huge amounts of guards come for you. legging it up stairs chucking stun grenades snake finally makes it to safety

opening the door you see a big old satellite dish (god knows how many channels they could get with that) which gets shot to pieces by liquid snake in his hind D

some nifty absailing down the side of communications tower avoiding bullets from the Hind D and you make it to ground.

kill guards on other side of walkway and then leg it past the Hind and get into Comm tower B

due to the elevator being out snake has to wait a bit before otacon fixes it. what better way to pass the time then fight a guy in a helicopter. snake goes out on teh roof and has a big scrap with liquid in his helicopter. using stinger missiles you defeat him and he goes screaming crashing his way down the side and you presume he dead

after that the elevator is working again and the max weight button goes off now snake ain't no porker so what's up? 4 guards are keeping you company in stealth suits so slap on them thermal goggles and get shooting.

end on another snowfield where you get shot by sniper wolf. anotehr fight with her with nikita missiles = very short fight. she dies and otacon blubbers like a baby

snake enters the blast furnance kills some guards and gets on cargo elevator. some soldiers jump down and ambush you. kill them

enter the warehouse and vulcan raven shows up with a big a*s gun. get your missiles out and kill him. another on death doors story and he gets eaten by ravens (irony killing me)

master miller pipes up on codec and says noami is a spy and has infected you with foxdie.

you then arrive at metal gear rex some big a*s machine you gonna have to defeat soon and otacon tries to hack into bakers files. you get to the top and hear liquid and ocelot talking. you listen in but you leave your arm in clear view plus ocelot spots you on teh cameras. he shoots the pal key right out your hand and you drop it into sewer down below (clumsy)

otacon tells you the secret of the pal key you gotta freeze it warm it and keep it at room temperature and operate all three terminals

after some more backtracking you do all that's needed and stop the threat. or so you think cause silly you has just activated metal gear rex.

master miller calls you on the codec and reveals himself as liquid and he gloats a bit. the real master miller was found dead 3 days ago in his home.

big fight with metal gear rex. the ninja shows up does a bit of damage and then gets squished. you then finish off metal gear.

big fight on top of metal gear with liquid. defeat him and then either celebrate that you've saved meryl or because you were a wimp and submitted to the torture cry that she's dead.

otacon calls you and tells you to get hell out.

you get in jeep and spped off making a pathway through a load of guards.

liquid shows up again and you shoot at him big crash at end of tunnel you and meryl/otacon trapped under the jeep and liquid starts walking towards you. just as about to kill you the foxdie kicks in and he dies.

noami calls up and tells you what's going on. you were carrying a virus and anyone who came into contact with you had a heart attack. wondering how long you have to live she just tells you to live your life while you can.

you go off into sunset with meryl (wahey) or otacon (boooo)

*PHEW breathes again*
Tue 01/01/02 at 19:40
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I was only joking anyway, I wasn't making a serious complaint.
Tue 01/01/02 at 19:14
Regular
i borrowed it ages ago but only played it now and again and didnt do much. i dont mind if you tell me how to do stuff either.
Tue 01/01/02 at 19:00
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I'm not talking about the storyline - he wants us to tell him that. I'm saying you just told him how to beat Sniper Wolf....and didn't he say he's borrowed it?
Tue 01/01/02 at 18:56
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
Blank wrote:
> You told him how to beat Sniper Wolf! If that's not spoiling it for him (if he
> ever decides to get it) then I don't know what is.

Read it again:

"My favourite boss was Sniper Wolf Fight 2 - she was so easy with a Nikita Launcher - I didn't get shot once. Tip: Hide in the bottom right corner!"

That doesn't give away any of the storyline and he never has to read it again - because I doubt he will remember that and he isn't even getting the game.
Regular
as i said you can tell me every thing because i aint getting it
Mé†ál Gé᮲ºº²
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
By the way I was only joking anyway.
Tue 01/01/02 at 18:55
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
You told him how to beat Sniper Wolf! If that's not spoiling it for him (if he ever decides to get it) then I don't know what is.
Tue 01/01/02 at 18:52
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
Blank wrote:
> Spoil it for him why don't you!

I did not spoil it - just read it again for yourself.

"In MGS1, Snake had to go and kill Liquid Snake, or a 50-foot robot called Metal Gear Rex will be launched to wreak havoc on the public planet. You have to go through the facility of where Rex is being held and you end up in a big battle with Liquid Snake. The fate of the earth depends on you! If you have a PS1 KR, get this - it's so good, but it really is too short, despite it being stored on 2-discs.

My favourite boss was Sniper Wolf Fight 2 - she was so easy with a Nikita Launcher - I didn't get shot once. Tip: Hide in the bottom right corner!"
Tue 01/01/02 at 18:50
Regular
nah i am waiting for MGS2 now. only a month and 3 weeks to go!!
Mé†ál Gé᮲ºº²

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.