GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evolution - Final Evolution."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 3'.
Sun 02/03/03 at 21:56
Regular
I believe I'm being fair here, when I say that the majority of you here are sane and believe Pro Evolution 2 is the best footy game ever.

We all know Pro Evolution 3 will show its heavenly face in the near future, and we all know it'll blow us all away just like it's famous predecessor did.
But what I want to know, is if and when Pro Evolution - Final Evolution will arrive here in England. I've played it - it's only been released in Japan as far as I know. It's good enough to - believe it or not - make PES2 look like Fifa. Unfortunately I need to get my PS2 chipped in order to play the only version I can get my hands on, because my friend has got it on import with most of the game having been translated. 'Patching', something I don't understand - is why it's translated and has excellent background music from actual well-known bands.

Player names are on the back of shirts, all the official sponsors make the kits look superb - and the edit player mode is so advanced it'll have you crying in disbelief due to the sheer amount of options on offer to you.

In-game, the ball physics are - again, believe it or not - better than they are in PES2, and the ball is the World Cup Adidas ball.
Animation is outstanding. There is so much to look for now you'll forget you're meant to be playing the game, not watching it.

Match stats aren't anything like in PES2. There's EVERY stat imaginable. Player marks out of 10. Where he ran most with/without the ball. Pass completion. Shots on and off target. More I simply cannot remember.

The Club Teams' badges are identical to real life.
Improved Training 'challenges'. Many more training difficulty levels.

So will this game ever arrive in the UK?
It better. Or we miss out.

Unless, of course, PES3 is Final Evolution with EVEN MORE...
Sun 02/03/03 at 21:56
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
I believe I'm being fair here, when I say that the majority of you here are sane and believe Pro Evolution 2 is the best footy game ever.

We all know Pro Evolution 3 will show its heavenly face in the near future, and we all know it'll blow us all away just like it's famous predecessor did.
But what I want to know, is if and when Pro Evolution - Final Evolution will arrive here in England. I've played it - it's only been released in Japan as far as I know. It's good enough to - believe it or not - make PES2 look like Fifa. Unfortunately I need to get my PS2 chipped in order to play the only version I can get my hands on, because my friend has got it on import with most of the game having been translated. 'Patching', something I don't understand - is why it's translated and has excellent background music from actual well-known bands.

Player names are on the back of shirts, all the official sponsors make the kits look superb - and the edit player mode is so advanced it'll have you crying in disbelief due to the sheer amount of options on offer to you.

In-game, the ball physics are - again, believe it or not - better than they are in PES2, and the ball is the World Cup Adidas ball.
Animation is outstanding. There is so much to look for now you'll forget you're meant to be playing the game, not watching it.

Match stats aren't anything like in PES2. There's EVERY stat imaginable. Player marks out of 10. Where he ran most with/without the ball. Pass completion. Shots on and off target. More I simply cannot remember.

The Club Teams' badges are identical to real life.
Improved Training 'challenges'. Many more training difficulty levels.

So will this game ever arrive in the UK?
It better. Or we miss out.

Unless, of course, PES3 is Final Evolution with EVEN MORE...
Sun 02/03/03 at 22:10
"period drama"
What's it in Japan?
Winning Eleven 6? 7? Can't remeber.

Has it got a proper licence then? Or can they use the sponsers whatever?
Sun 02/03/03 at 22:13
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Yeah, ive got it too.

The patched version of WE6: Final Evo, which is what you seem to have, is a further version of WE6: Final Evo. Some nerds who love PES/WE6 have made the patch. 'Rhapsody' I think its called and have applied it to the Japanese WE6: Final Evolution game. Taking it even further.

I dont think the proper Jap copy of WE6: Final Evo will have all the things the patched version will have. Unless of course the patch comes with some official add-on thing.

As for a PAL release, I dont think it'll be happening.

Guess you'll just have to wait for PES3, or continue playing your lovely 'Rhapsody-patched' WE6: Final Evo.

:-)
Mon 03/03/03 at 10:00
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Hercules! wrote:
> Yeah, ive got it too.
>
>

A few questions then hercules,

I love pro evo, and i'd LOVE to play the patched newest japan game, but i haven't got my ps2 chipped, i know a bit about patching a game and i think i could do that, but the question is, if i buy a import of we6:

Q1, how much would it cost me?

Q2, would i be doing anything illegal, cos i bought the game.

Q3, what's best way if chipping ps2, i've looked around net, and see the boot disks and flip top lid method, I think i'd preffer this method, as i'm not sure about opening up ps2 and soldering wires. Would this method work with WE6.

Q4, would you say it's worth getting all this done just to play WE6?
Pro Evo 2 is best footy game out, but i'l absolutle love to play it with english prem teams.

Q5, does the patched version of WE6, include nationwide teams or just Prem?

CHeers for all your help.

Mark
Mon 03/03/03 at 10:16
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
1 more question:

Is the game on DVD?

If so i guess i will need a DVD burner, something else i havn't got. :(
Mon 03/03/03 at 11:55
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
My mate, the one who has got the game due to his chipped PS2, said it cost him roughly £50 to get some kinda DIY package that instructed him how to do it himself. He did it alright, so it can't be that hard. In the package it included an action replay disc that you need to start up your PS2 in order to play the imported games.

However, he has to use some kind of device that allows the picture to be in colour on his TV because, remember, Japanese and American games use NTSC, and are in black and white over here in England.

I would say it's definately worth doing just for WE6. But, my mate got his copy for £2. Illegal, yes, otherwise it'd cost £49.99.

Hope that helps.
Mon 03/03/03 at 11:58
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Cheers

I think if i was going to get my ps2 "chipped", i would go for the boot disc and lid method, as, i don't trust myself, or anyone else, to be soldering 28 wires in my ps2.

I know i shouldn't ask this but, where can you get games for only £2!!!!
Mon 03/03/03 at 11:59
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
BTW, THIS message has just changed me from a newbie to a regular!!!!

YIPPEE!!!!!!
Mon 03/03/03 at 11:59
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
well this one should
Mon 03/03/03 at 12:00
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
it still says newbie, why oh why, will this lable never leave me, i am tarnished forever. :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.