GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"morrowind thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind'.
Mon 03/03/03 at 01:43
Regular
as i couldnt see another i thought i would start a thread for anyone who has (or wants) morrowind to share their in game experiences and knowledge of the world of vvardenfell for instance i was walking along the hills around suran the other day and i met an orc who claimed that he was too hard for anyone to kill him.
after agreeing to fight him and realising why he was so sure of himself as he killed me...again i started using a different style instead of facing him i used a potion of levitation and floating above him i pelted him with fireballs and lightning bolts.
im glad to say it was worth it he had a pukka sword :0)
Wed 05/03/03 at 13:54
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'm playing as a rogue, but I'd like to improve my thieving skills as my lockpicking sucks. I can pick locks which have only 20 points to bypass, but 25 and above and I'm told the lock is too complex.

I've got my security level up a fair bit, but it doesn't seemed to have made any difference, so is there any other way I can improve my thieving skills?
Wed 05/03/03 at 13:08
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Yep. You'll quite frequently see me in the Tribunal Spoilers section of that site.

Also, I spent a fair bit of time at www.euro-morrowind.com
It's not as active, but it's easier to keep up with. I post in all the forums in that one.
Wed 05/03/03 at 12:53
"For the horde!!!!"
Did you guys know there is a Morrowind chat forum?

www.morrowind.com
Wed 05/03/03 at 12:45
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Right here's a good question: how quickly can you become a Vampire, where can you do this and are there any mods that allow you to start the game as one?

Cheers.
Mon 03/03/03 at 22:36
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Heh, I'm practically a Morrowind bible. Here's a few tips...

When you do constant effect enchanments, use variable effect magnitudes. E.G, instead of restore health 5, do restore health 1-9 points. Re-equip the item until you get 7 or 8 points. Fortify strength is an excellent constant effect - not only does it make you do more damage, but you can carry more.

If you like levitation, visit the Shrine To Stop The Moon in Vivec. Donate a potion of levitation, and you'll get 100 pts of levitation for an entire Morrowind day - more than long enough to get anywhere on the map easily.

If you make a damage skill 100pts for 1 sec spell, you can train virtually for free.

If you train over 100 pts in a skill, you no longer get any skill increase, but you can still level up, and so gain health and magicka.

If you're a thief, go to ghostgate for some very valuable and very useful equipment!
Mon 03/03/03 at 21:58
I remember getting some valuable armour near the centre of the map, after killing two men (this was a long time ago, so I can't remember).
Mon 03/03/03 at 21:01
Regular
"are you serious"
when u learn to do soultrap or have other means for doing so and a grand soul gem try catching an ascended sleeper (you can find loads of em inside the ghost fence) then get yourself an exquisite ring or amulet and plenty of money (around 60k should do it) go to an enchanter at any mages guild and get them to enchant your exquisite ring using the ascended sleeper grand soul gem you will find that using this combination will allow you to use the constant effect feature now choose a spell and create the item with the name of your choice.
personally i found using levitation 1 pt and restore health 3 pts as my enchantment the best as it allows me to constantly levitate anywhere which is not only quicker getting about but means i can allways get to those hard to reach secrets in a lot of the caves without searching for those pesky potions in my inventory and also after taking a kicking i can float out of danger while the restore health aspect fills my health so its not long before i can have another go at em.
how about you guys any interesting enchanting tips/stories?
Mon 03/03/03 at 20:46
Regular
"are you serious"
VenomByte wrote:
> Umbra, yes. He's hard as nails that guy, but beatable eventually. His
> sword is pretty useful too, one of the best in Morrowind.
>
> Do you have the Tribunal expansion pack too, or just Morrowind?
just morrowind at the mo but i will get tribunal for sure have u got it if so how good/bad allthough i'll probably get it anyway
Mon 03/03/03 at 16:04
While in Balmora, you can kill the woman shopkeeper and take all her goods. That's what I did, and it helped me quite a bit on the money side. It will take a while before you are good enough to kill guards, though.
Mon 03/03/03 at 14:37
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I'd get it straight away. Most of the new areas will be way too difficult for your character, but that's good because it means you always have something to strive for, and the sense of achievement when you are strong enough for it will be that much better.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.