GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"morrowind thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind'.
Mon 03/03/03 at 01:43
Regular
as i couldnt see another i thought i would start a thread for anyone who has (or wants) morrowind to share their in game experiences and knowledge of the world of vvardenfell for instance i was walking along the hills around suran the other day and i met an orc who claimed that he was too hard for anyone to kill him.
after agreeing to fight him and realising why he was so sure of himself as he killed me...again i started using a different style instead of facing him i used a potion of levitation and floating above him i pelted him with fireballs and lightning bolts.
im glad to say it was worth it he had a pukka sword :0)
Sat 08/03/03 at 13:02
Regular
"are you serious"
have any of you guys seen the greenuvirith and uvirithvault mods........ 1 word wow!!!! ThaEgbird really knows what he is doing these are by far the best mods i have seen if you havent got these i suggest a trip to http://www.morrowindfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads plus there some other gr8 mods for npcs there including a slave mod called jessica that is also worth a look
Sat 08/03/03 at 12:55
Regular
"are you serious"
The sagacious one wrote:
> Right here's a good question: how quickly can you become a Vampire,
> where can you do this and are there any mods that allow you to start
> the game as one?
>
> Cheers.

the easiest way to become a vampire is to take a rest on the grazelands region some areas notably near the middle of the region have quite high populations of vampires as yet i have not seen a mod for this but i wouldnt bet on there not being 1 in the future
Sat 08/03/03 at 11:51
"For the horde!!!!"
Pearls are good money at the start.
Fri 07/03/03 at 14:56
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I ahem, you know, when I'm not mutilating mud crabs and sticking Rats with my spear, I like to swim about in Lakes and around the coast looking for the treasure (usually found in Shipwrecks) and diving for pearls (one in about four "seashells" contains a pearl). I am an aquatic lizard with a cool waggly tail that propels me underwater, after all.

There are some weird mer-men dotted about too, so I do still get a bit of fighting done down under.
Fri 07/03/03 at 14:27
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Pearl Diver??
Fri 07/03/03 at 14:22
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Has anyone else spotted those "X" mark the spots on the map you get with the game? There be treasure in them there locations.

I'm playing the game as an Argonian lizard man warrior/pearl diver, which is nice.
Thu 06/03/03 at 15:59
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Thanks for the tips guys on the theiving thing, I'll have a go later on, but right now I think I'll concentrate on doing a few jobs for people and building up other skills.
Thu 06/03/03 at 15:35
"Darth Vader 3442321"
New expansion pack on it's way: Bloodmoon, with Werewolves in it. I want to be a Vampire who hunts Werewolves or vice versa. That will be cool.
Wed 05/03/03 at 19:19
"For the horde!!!!"
cipro wrote:
> I'm playing as a rogue, but I'd like to improve my thieving skills as
> my lockpicking sucks. I can pick locks which have only 20 points to
> bypass, but 25 and above and I'm told the lock is too complex.
>
> I've got my security level up a fair bit, but it doesn't seemed to
> have made any difference, so is there any other way I can improve my
> thieving skills?

why bother with security just use alteration unlock spells instead to open locks and as for pick pocketing whats the point because you get rich anyway.
Wed 05/03/03 at 17:28
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Three things affect your ability to pick a lock

A) The quality of the lockpick you are using.
B) Your fatigue level - make sure it's full before attempting difficult locks
C) Your security skill.

You can also use alteration magic to cast 'open' spells, or you can use magic scrolls to open locks. You can also use restoration magic to fortify your security skill for a limited time, if you'd prefer to pick them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.