GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I smile too much"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/12/01 at 18:20
Regular
I smile far too much, actually.

So I'm going on a smile fast. Starting tommorrow, I'll be trying not to use that really irritating smilie: :0), for the week.

Monday through to Sunday.

If I do... hmmm... no idea.

What should I do if I smile? I'm thinking along the lines of putting 50p in a jar, more than punching myself in the face, but all ideas are welcome.
Sun 30/12/01 at 19:07
Regular
It's like putting B0)p at the end of everything.......I never quite worked out what that meant...B-O-Problem maybe, but whats the point in stating it over the internet.
Why don't you ask Carol Smilly how to stop smiling...oh dam..wrong type of smiling....she wouldn't have a clue anyway!
Sun 30/12/01 at 18:52
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Grix Thraves wrote:

So I'm going on a smile fast. Starting
> tommorrow, I'll be trying not to use that really irritating smilie: :0), for the
> week.

Monday through to Sunday.

Tomorrow? it's New years eve, that's gonna be annoying...

++ GTA isn't installed :( i'll message you some other time :D
Sun 30/12/01 at 18:52
o ok ...just an idea
Sun 30/12/01 at 18:50
Regular
I'd rather have something mentally to help me stop, than rather just remove the keys... and I don't think sellotaping my mouth closed would help, to be honest.
Sun 30/12/01 at 18:48
or how about taking the keys you use to make smileys out ....like take out the ) and : , or you could selotape your mouth together so you can't smile , and you will remember smilings bad
Sun 30/12/01 at 18:45
Regular
[wEiRd KiD] wrote:
"then keep punching yourself in the face until it hurts"

Yeah, that's the sort of stuff I'm after.
Sun 30/12/01 at 18:44
Regular
Suppose that would be rewarding. Fancy a game of GTA anyway, for old times sake?

As for the excuse... :0)
Sun 30/12/01 at 18:43
hhmmm...you could smile , then keep punching yourself in the face until it hurts and you stop smiling , then you'll remember that smiles are bad for your health , and you'll stop puting smiley's on your posts...

*returns to dark corner*
Sun 30/12/01 at 18:38
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
ok, i'm glad I read the topic correctly, I thought you meant smiling..um, normally, with your face...not on here.

I have no idea how you could punish yourself. Maybe challenge someone to a game of GTA, Netstorm or UT everytime??
Sun 30/12/01 at 18:36
Regular
Small_Frog wrote:
"What would be done with the money in the jar anyway?"

I dunno. With the amount I could raise, I'd probably buy a new PC from SR.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.