GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Question for PC tech heads."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/03/03 at 16:48
Regular
I want to link my PC to my mate's PC to transfer a load of MP3s so she can burn them onto CD.

Before any of you suggest..

- E-mailing. There are WAY too many, it would take an age and she's a dirty student so anything costing more than a pot-noodle that isn't alcohol based would mean the end of the world for all man-kind...or just a lot of moaning which I can't be arsed with.

- Me buying a CD-Writer.. no point, buying a new PC soon....well maybe

So, how do I link up two PCs without spending a fortune on network cards and stuff? Is there like a cable I can buy or something?

Thankyouplease
Thu 06/03/03 at 18:53
Regular
Pop pop pop pop pop
Thu 06/03/03 at 18:46
Regular
Can't I just use one of these?

"UNIVERSAL NULL MODEM CABLE (1.8 metre) for PC. Connects two PC's via any serial port (9 pin or 25 pin). 9 pin & 25 pin connectors at both ends. 1.5 MB / min data transfer rate. Ideal for data transfer or head to head network games "
Thu 06/03/03 at 17:33
Regular
"^_^"
If you have the correct software ou can connect two PC's Via USb cable. But the software is rare. As Whitestripes has said, a Network Card would probably be the best option.

Unless you are prepared to take out your hard drive and to place it in his temporarily. Then you will be able to transfer files from your hard Drive to his at high speed and with no problems.
Thu 06/03/03 at 17:22
Regular
External zip drive

Or 2 network cards for like, £10 and a patch cable.
Thu 06/03/03 at 16:48
Regular
I want to link my PC to my mate's PC to transfer a load of MP3s so she can burn them onto CD.

Before any of you suggest..

- E-mailing. There are WAY too many, it would take an age and she's a dirty student so anything costing more than a pot-noodle that isn't alcohol based would mean the end of the world for all man-kind...or just a lot of moaning which I can't be arsed with.

- Me buying a CD-Writer.. no point, buying a new PC soon....well maybe

So, how do I link up two PCs without spending a fortune on network cards and stuff? Is there like a cable I can buy or something?

Thankyouplease

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.