GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box....will it be sucessful"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/12/01 at 17:16
Regular
The X-Box will shortly be avaliable to buy in the uk , it has already been launched in America, but how well do you think it will do over here ?
I think it will be a sucess , and will be competing againts the PS2 and the nintendo game cube. Microsoft have a lot of funding to use on this project , and they have a lot of experience with making games. But a good console wouldn't be anything without having decent games for people to play . Will microsoft have enough links with games companys to make outstanding games to keep the games buying public happy ?
Sat 29/12/01 at 18:49
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> xbox is the best
xbox is the best
xbox is the best
xbox is the
> best

Sonic

i guess u like the xbox???
Sat 29/12/01 at 18:47
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
xbox is the best
xbox is the best
xbox is the best
xbox is the best

Sonic
Sat 29/12/01 at 18:38
gamecube will not make a difference, it will go down like Sega.
The xbox will evenually become no: 1 as its has tons of cash for improvement. And by the year 2010 we will all have an xbox in our home just like windows 98 etc, and the playstation will become like apple computers, only for the rich and the ones who want to be different.
Sat 29/12/01 at 17:28
Regular
"Long time no see!"
It's a very powerfull machine with a very expensive price! This will help to turn people's attention to the GameCube or PS2. As Microsoft's first console it has high expectations and will go down extremely well with PC and Microsoft fans. But with no console expereince it could all go wrong. Microsoft may have focused too much on the graphical side of games, rather than the actual gameplaying side, which is most important! But only time will tell. If the GameCube IS released in March (and i'm sure it will be) then these 2 will be going head-to-head for the no.1 spot!!

You thougth x-mas was exciting??? Wait untill the spring!!!
Sat 29/12/01 at 17:24
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
Dav1d wrote:
> You're wEiRd

That's my mate Dave from school. He's a mad Half Life fan, so be nice to him or I'll get mad at you.

I think that the X-Box will do very well over in UK shores and I really hope that it knocks the Gamecube from it's pedestal. As you said (Dave), funding and developers are on their side, so they have a high chance of becoming the protagonist among it's enemies. Will the games be any good and will they satisfy to avid customers? I say yes.

Dave, a few suggestions - check the punctuation of the topics and make them quite a bit longer, going into detail. You said you read my "Look back at 2001" topic, so check that out or any other topics on here that are interesting to read.

Good luck Dave.
Mark.
Sat 29/12/01 at 17:23
The X-box will do fine. I'm more worried by Gamecubes chances.
Sat 29/12/01 at 17:21
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
I think that the xbox is the best of the 3 consoles however I believe that it will not win the so called 'console war'. Why? Because when little kiddies' mothers see that it is twice as much as the GC (and PS2 by March I bet) they will opt for the cheaper version - and because of its miniscule size copmares to the xbox. I will get an xbox as I think that titles like Halo and Wreckless are some of the best on any platfrom. The xbox will do very well in America as that is where it is stationed and the most funding is being inputed.

Overall, it will be succesful but only in the circles of the knowledgable gamer.
Sat 29/12/01 at 17:20
i kno .....
Sat 29/12/01 at 17:19
Regular
You're wEiRd
Sat 29/12/01 at 17:16
The X-Box will shortly be avaliable to buy in the uk , it has already been launched in America, but how well do you think it will do over here ?
I think it will be a sucess , and will be competing againts the PS2 and the nintendo game cube. Microsoft have a lot of funding to use on this project , and they have a lot of experience with making games. But a good console wouldn't be anything without having decent games for people to play . Will microsoft have enough links with games companys to make outstanding games to keep the games buying public happy ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.