GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box....will it be sucessful"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/12/01 at 17:16
Regular
The X-Box will shortly be avaliable to buy in the uk , it has already been launched in America, but how well do you think it will do over here ?
I think it will be a sucess , and will be competing againts the PS2 and the nintendo game cube. Microsoft have a lot of funding to use on this project , and they have a lot of experience with making games. But a good console wouldn't be anything without having decent games for people to play . Will microsoft have enough links with games companys to make outstanding games to keep the games buying public happy ?
Wed 02/01/02 at 02:42
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
it's to uncertain how the consoles will do at the moment. it'll b interesting out of the 3 who see who sold the most on the release date.

i think the x-box won't do to well in japan as they like there consoles small and stylish and lets face it the x-box is hardly small and style well it looks like a black builders brick with an x on top.
Tue 01/01/02 at 22:09
benjamint wrote:
> The one thing that I think XBOX and Gamecube should have done is brought there
> consoles out before xmas in the UK, why I hear you ask well when i went to
> Milton Keynes on Boxing Day, to buy another game for my PS2 they had run out of
> ps2's in every shop. Nearly everyone in my class has a ps2 all because they
> liked the psone and had the money to afford the ps2.

If XBOX and Gamecube had
> released there machines earlier, they could have sold a lot of machines at xmas
> and would have stopped a lot of people buying ps2s. I want to know why they
> didn't do this as this would have helped them.

Yeah, but an earlier release date could have resulted in a load of faulty hardware, like the initial patch of PS2's
Sun 30/12/01 at 12:52
The one thing that I think XBOX and Gamecube should have done is brought there consoles out before xmas in the UK, why I hear you ask well when i went to Milton Keynes on Boxing Day, to buy another game for my PS2 they had run out of ps2's in every shop. Nearly everyone in my class has a ps2 all because they liked the psone and had the money to afford the ps2.

If XBOX and Gamecube had released there machines earlier, they could have sold a lot of machines at xmas and would have stopped a lot of people buying ps2s. I want to know why they didn't do this as this would have helped them.
Sun 30/12/01 at 01:29
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Mantis wrote:
> The xbox was sold out in 30 mins in japan? Thats strange, it hasn't been
> released over there yet.

I spy someone who doesn't know what they are talking
> about.

It's true actually...

On preorders you see

Sonic
Sun 30/12/01 at 00:24
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
The xbox was sold out in 30 mins in japan? Thats strange, it hasn't been released over there yet.

I spy someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.
Sat 29/12/01 at 19:45
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Oh, Fosbe1, MS has more third party games developers on board than Ninty, and almost as many as Sony... so I think we should be spoilt for choice (Have u seen those launch games!!!! Possibly the best launch ever... in fact, probably the best)

Sonic
Sat 29/12/01 at 19:41
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Should be a success. I think all 3 consoles will do well. Hope X-Box does well as I have one on pre-order.
Sat 29/12/01 at 19:38
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
nuwans wrote:

i guess u like the xbox???

For GOD's SAKE! I was taking the mic out of this "console wars" topic... we've had soooo many before!

Anyway, all 3 consoles are great- PS2 already has a great library for games, and has a huge market; Xbox has a great launch, and big advertising budget; Ninty has the first and second party games (and is targetting a different audience!)

They're all great, but the PS2 will inevitably get the most sales because of its huge headstart.

Sonic
Sat 29/12/01 at 19:23
Regular
"ProGolfer"
[wEiRd KiD] wrote:
> The X-Box will shortly be avaliable to buy in the uk , it has already been
> launched in America, but how well do you think it will do over here ?
I
> think it will be a sucess , and will be competing againts the PS2 and the
> nintendo game cube. Microsoft have a lot of funding to use on this project , and
> they have a lot of experience with making games. But a good console wouldn't be
> anything without having decent games for people to play . Will microsoft have
> enough links with games companys to make outstanding games to keep the games
> buying public happy ?

Wel for a start i think microsoft have had some good games but still need other companys to make games for them they have sega whick i think is good becuase some of segas games were wacky and it will give the xbox a bit of variety
Sat 29/12/01 at 19:22
Regular
No doubt X-Box will be big. People in Japan and America was sleeping on the streets, days before the X-Box was released in order to get them

Gamecube sold out in 4 minutes in Japan.

X-Box sold out in 30 minutes in Japan.

Seems people in Japan went for the cheaper console at launch of these two consoles.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.