GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 Online (UK) will be broadband only"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/03/03 at 21:52
Regular
As per the news item on this web site. While in the USA, they have a choice of broadband and 56k modem conections, in the UK the PS2 will only connect via broadband. NO 56k MODEM SUPPORT. I know this may be obvious to some people out there, but there were those that were asking about this last week.
Mon 10/03/03 at 12:39
Regular
"Hallelujah"
the concept is a great idea, its just some of the people you may end up playing with can be pants or have to go at a point when you need them. still its a good idea.
Mon 10/03/03 at 12:28
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Online gaming, fun but vastly overrated. It's basically just a single player game except the people you play against and with moan, shout abuse and generally act like an ar$e which serves to make the whole online experience, a tad annoying at times.
Mon 10/03/03 at 12:07
"Darkness, always"
Online gaming is crap.

Noob: "Aha, here I am playing my favorite FPS game online
SUPAHKILLA142124523: "lo"
Noob: "Hi"
*noob dies*
Noob: "you're good"
*noob dies*
Noob: "lol, I suck!"
*noob dies*
Noob: "gimme a chance here!"
*noob dies*
*noob dies*
Noob: "Oh, come on for God's sake!"
*noob dies*
*noob dies*
*noob dies*
Noob: "Oh **** this"
*noob disconnects*
Mon 10/03/03 at 12:02
Regular
"Hallelujah"
The fact that you will be charged by the month to play individual games online eliminates any appeal to me.
Mon 10/03/03 at 11:15
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
hah at 56k people (including me)

:(
Mon 10/03/03 at 08:34
Regular
maddmun wrote:
> Oh the ironing.
>
> Updated kept going on about how the Xbox was rubbish because of
> broadband only connections... and...
> *Sides split*

Yep, and to be fair I think Sony's move to Broadband only is also a spit in the face for users. Many people can't even get the signal, so they will miss out due to no fault of their own. Broadband subscription and any console related subscriptions will prevent many others from getting it - too expensive. I suppose while games just have "online" options like a Vs mode, it's not to bad, but when online only games get released you will need broadband just to load the game - so no BB connection - no game. How can that be fair?
Sun 09/03/03 at 21:59
"For the horde!!!!"
BEARDS. wrote:
> Children, stop.
>
> Arguing on the internet just means you're both social retards.

lol
Sun 09/03/03 at 21:56
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Erm, on another note, official Playsation 2 magazine said, way back when I still had a PS2, that in Europe the machine would be online via broadband only, so this is old news....
Sun 09/03/03 at 16:16
Regular
Oh the ironing.

Updated kept going on about how the Xbox was rubbish because of broadband only connections... and...
*Sides split*
Sun 09/03/03 at 12:12
"slightlyshortertagl"
Carnage2324 wrote:
> Your the kind of people im talking about, you see something you dont
> like and you hurl abuse at it, even if this person or something never
> even glanced your way. The reason? You would rather argue than chat...

I guess I'm the only one on this wesite who's like that then....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.