GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The TRUTH about Sega's development on the GC!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/12/01 at 20:47
Regular
First off, Solskjaer and others, the name is "Sonic Team" NOT "Team-Sonic". I have said this to you about a dozen times in the last 2 days, and yet you still post about "Team-Sonic".

Right, now let me begin.

Sega HAS not allied itself to Ninty in any way, shape or form. Nor can it. You see, Sega now consists of 10 independant companies (ranging from AM2 to Sonic Team to Hitmaker) who are all free to chose their own games and platforms to develop on.

Sonic Team, however, have said quite strongly that they love working on the GC, and hence have made it their console of choice. This isn't really a big deal- Sonic Team is one of Sega's smaller divisions, making under half a dozen games a year, a couple of which are simple puzzle game.

It does, however, mean that the Gamecube will see the continuation of the sonic series, and if we're lucky maybe even another NiGHTS game (BEST GAME EVER!).

Other Sega departments also seem to have a limitted interest in the GC, with a few other titles expected.

However, what must be remembered is that Sega (or rather, the divisions of Sega), have far more games in production for the PS2, and a similar number for the Xbox...

Just to clear that up!

Sonic
Sat 05/01/02 at 13:07
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
ummmm... isn't that what ALL developers are after!

After all, Seg ahs made 3 years of losses straight, and their secrity holdings just plummeted... either they get cracking on the multiplatform scene or go out of business!

Sonic
Fri 04/01/02 at 18:15
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
well it's all about money to them.
Tue 01/01/02 at 00:02
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Strafex wrote:
> Still, Suzuki has been quoted saying that the Gamecube impressed him much, much
> more than the other two.

It was during the Tokyo Game Show, I think, so he
> probably hasn't had time to get anything ready for an announcement.

I'm still
> optimistic that we'll get an announcement sometime.

AH! So that's why all his famous games are coming to the PS2! Right...

sonic
Mon 31/12/01 at 23:47
Which makes it all the more difficult for us, the ordinary consumer, to make up their mind when it comes to purchasing a new console.
Mon 31/12/01 at 23:28
Regular
Still, Suzuki has been quoted saying that the Gamecube impressed him much, much more than the other two.

It was during the Tokyo Game Show, I think, so he probably hasn't had time to get anything ready for an announcement.

I'm still optimistic that we'll get an announcement sometime.
Sun 30/12/01 at 22:58
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Strafex wrote:
> Even if Naka did design Monkey Ball, it does seem to be Amusement Vision who
> develloped the idea, or did the GC conversion atleast.

I'm slightly confused by this...

Naka-san writes a column for edge, in which he talks about the games he has been working on in the last month, and for a few months he was talking about all the process whereby he, and Sonic Team created the game.... very, very odd... if anyone can shed light on this?

I'm waiting for AM2
> (Suzuki's team) to announce some Gamecube titles. It'll be interesting to see
> what Sega's other master develloper has for the little box.

Well, they're pretty commited to arcade and PS2 now... In all honesty, I don't think their style of games suites the GC demographic.

Sonic
Sun 30/12/01 at 21:30
Regular
Even if Naka did design Monkey Ball, it does seem to be Amusement Vision who develloped the idea, or did the GC conversion atleast.

I'm waiting for AM2 (Suzuki's team) to announce some Gamecube titles. It'll be interesting to see what Sega's other master develloper has for the little box.
Sat 29/12/01 at 19:56
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
lol!
Sat 29/12/01 at 19:01
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Look, at the beginning of all their games it says (in BIG letters)

SONIC TEAM presents

Sonic
Sat 29/12/01 at 17:37
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Well what do you expect from me, i'm a Nintendo fan, not Sega. I take it that you're a big Sega fan (cuz of your name and knowledge), but I still say Team Sonic. It just sounds right to me! Whenever you hear something like that it's always 'Team ', and hardly ever ' Team'. Maybe the team did it to stand out more?? Sorry, but I think i'll always be saying Team Sonic, and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Maybe i'll try 'Sonic Team' if it makes you happy...
Sonic....the hedgehog, nope, sonic.....team sonic, d'oh! I just can't get it right!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.