GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The TRUTH about Sega's development on the GC!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/12/01 at 20:47
Regular
First off, Solskjaer and others, the name is "Sonic Team" NOT "Team-Sonic". I have said this to you about a dozen times in the last 2 days, and yet you still post about "Team-Sonic".

Right, now let me begin.

Sega HAS not allied itself to Ninty in any way, shape or form. Nor can it. You see, Sega now consists of 10 independant companies (ranging from AM2 to Sonic Team to Hitmaker) who are all free to chose their own games and platforms to develop on.

Sonic Team, however, have said quite strongly that they love working on the GC, and hence have made it their console of choice. This isn't really a big deal- Sonic Team is one of Sega's smaller divisions, making under half a dozen games a year, a couple of which are simple puzzle game.

It does, however, mean that the Gamecube will see the continuation of the sonic series, and if we're lucky maybe even another NiGHTS game (BEST GAME EVER!).

Other Sega departments also seem to have a limitted interest in the GC, with a few other titles expected.

However, what must be remembered is that Sega (or rather, the divisions of Sega), have far more games in production for the PS2, and a similar number for the Xbox...

Just to clear that up!

Sonic
Fri 28/12/01 at 20:47
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
First off, Solskjaer and others, the name is "Sonic Team" NOT "Team-Sonic". I have said this to you about a dozen times in the last 2 days, and yet you still post about "Team-Sonic".

Right, now let me begin.

Sega HAS not allied itself to Ninty in any way, shape or form. Nor can it. You see, Sega now consists of 10 independant companies (ranging from AM2 to Sonic Team to Hitmaker) who are all free to chose their own games and platforms to develop on.

Sonic Team, however, have said quite strongly that they love working on the GC, and hence have made it their console of choice. This isn't really a big deal- Sonic Team is one of Sega's smaller divisions, making under half a dozen games a year, a couple of which are simple puzzle game.

It does, however, mean that the Gamecube will see the continuation of the sonic series, and if we're lucky maybe even another NiGHTS game (BEST GAME EVER!).

Other Sega departments also seem to have a limitted interest in the GC, with a few other titles expected.

However, what must be remembered is that Sega (or rather, the divisions of Sega), have far more games in production for the PS2, and a similar number for the Xbox...

Just to clear that up!

Sonic
Fri 28/12/01 at 21:10
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
did Team Sonic do Super Monkey Ball???

Also, I did not know Sega had so many divisions (10?), I thought it was smaller, like 5-6... anyway, I'm sure you know more about that than me, but for fans of the 16-bit era (ie. me!) this is great, simply because GC now has two great videogames mascots- Sonic AND Mario! And if Sonic Team do love GC then there is still the chance of Ninty and Sonic Team working together on a game (like that rumour about then co-developing an RPG a while ago). If this became a reality, think of the possibilities! Best game ever? Know don't get all excited, but IF it did happen (and there is a chance) then it's be amazing.
Fri 28/12/01 at 21:24
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I think that Team Sonic/Sonic Team did work on Super Monkey Ball. I also didn't realise Sega were quite so big either! And everyone says 'Team Sonic', you're the only person I know who says 'Sonic Team' (no offence). It doesn't really matter how we say it anyway, cuz we'll all know who we mean.
Fri 28/12/01 at 21:48
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I say Sonic Team... oh well...
Fri 28/12/01 at 21:50
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Sibs wrote:
> I say Sonic Team... oh well...

except at the beginning of that last post... but that was a joke... (honest) it wasn't a mistake on my part...
Fri 28/12/01 at 22:14
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I call it Sonic Team because that's the companies name for christ's sake! What don't u get... the division is called Sonic Team, so I call it Sonic Team!

Oh, and I made a mistake...

Sega used to be 10 divisions, but when they became independent, 2 of them joined... so only 9 divisions..

Oh, and each division is bigger than most developers: an average developer can churn out a max of 4 games a year... each Sega division can do about half a dozen or more!

That's why Sega is predicted to be the world's second biggest publisher by 2003 (after Ninyt who have loads of 2nd party games they publish)

Sonic
Fri 28/12/01 at 22:16
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
try...Sega *repeat* Sega
Fri 28/12/01 at 23:29
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
It wasn't Sonic Team who said quite strongly that they like working on the GC, it was one of sega's representatives(I can't remember his name!) who said that he finds the gamecube an interesting platform to work on or something to that effect.

(I've never played Nights on the sega platforms, although I wish I had because everyone keeps telling me how great it is)
Fri 28/12/01 at 23:38
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I think the guy you are referring to was the guy who created Sonic... A sega representitive yes, but also a member of Sonic Team.
Sat 29/12/01 at 00:16
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
The guy is "Yugi Naka" who is the HEAD of Sonic Team- top man so to speak! He created Sonic, NiGHTS!, monkey ball, Chu chu rocket, and a few others I've forgotten!

So, when he said he loved the GC, he was speaking on behalf of Sonic Team.

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.