GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 Boot-CD"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/03/03 at 14:16
Regular
Hi everyone - been a while

Just wanted to know if this is true please, so if anyone has come to know if this thing, kindly let me know.

I went to the following site

http://www.ps2-bootdiscs.co.uk

They sell a PS2 boot CD that can do everything the messiah 2 modchip can, only better because it requires no modification to your console. Basically, it works just a like a DVD region X CD, but for games.

Anyway, judging by the look of the site, it does not seem like a big company, which is why I would come to Special Reserve first for the GameCube freeloader disc for exmaple, because SR is a well-knon company.

On the site above, they say it does what is it supposed to. Some website forums are saying it's a scam without even purchasing this so-called boot CD.

Can anyone tell me if it's a scam or not? I know opinions vary, but it depends on how many :)

Thanks.
Sun 09/03/03 at 20:56
Regular
"Fly like the wind"
That's cool Mystique - no worries

I just get replies sometimes that seem a little more than they are, but then again, it's hard without seeing people's expressions on their faces :) lol

Anyway, I only used the word scam because this other guy used it at the site I went to. I figured it was best suited for this topic.

Peace!
Sun 09/03/03 at 17:18
Regular
Night Eagle wrote:
> So Mystique, do you really think it's a scam.
Don't know don't care. I was just mocking your use of the word scam, thats all. Oh and after that I was singing, it had nothing to do with me thinking the site was yours.

We will rock you.
Sun 09/03/03 at 15:45
I didnt think you could get anything like that, i though that you would hav to get it chipped...
Meh...
Sun 09/03/03 at 14:52
Regular
"Fly like the wind"
Thanks very much - I'll check it out
Sun 09/03/03 at 14:41
"period drama"
http://www.console-direct.co.uk/combo.htm

That's the site with boot CDs and flip-top lid for £40.
Go see.
Sun 09/03/03 at 14:40
"period drama"
There's a (helpful) topic on this in the Sony forum. Go and see, there's all the info you'll need on there.

Basically, they do work, BUT you need to buy a flip-top case which is a new PS2 case with a flip-top lid (duh). It's something to do with opening the tray sends some message to the PS2 which means the disc won't work properly, so you have to use the disc without opening the tray.
Sun 09/03/03 at 14:28
Regular
"Fly like the wind"
Mystique wrote:
> You got blood on ya face you big disgrace wavin your banner all over
> the place

--------

No disrespect but what is with these replies :)

If you are thinking this is my site then think again

SR know me and I have been a loyal customer of theirs for roughly 3 years even though my stats does not say so :)
Sun 09/03/03 at 14:26
Regular
"Fly like the wind"
So Mystique, do you really think it's a scam. I heard from other sites that their dreamcast and psone versions work so the new ps2 version must work also. I mean, do you suppose they would try to steal our credit card numbers. If they did, the company would never win the court case because their site is logged onto a server and all transactions are done by receipt - besides, I already have the IP and PORT of their site, and their e-mail address, so if they were to scam me and take my money, I can easily call up company house and find the registrant for that company.

What do you think then - for real? Could it be true. They are charging money for this thing so it must be true some how. Anyway, I sure hope it is. I dont want to chip my ps2.
Sun 09/03/03 at 14:25
Regular
You got blood on ya face you big disgrace wavin your banner all over the place
Sun 09/03/03 at 14:24
Regular
*throws cream pie at Mystique*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.