GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Upgrade to WinXP?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/12/01 at 14:26
Regular
OK.

At home I have Win98, it does fine... but... I don't want to be left too far behind.

Is there anything about WinXP that justifies an upgrade from a perfectly good machine?

Turbonutter, if you tell me to install Linux, why, I'll.. I'll explode dammit!
Sat 29/12/01 at 21:27
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
One example for you. I applied for the Beta 2 pack of Visual Studio.NET from M$, and 5 CDs duly arrived in a weird cartoony sort of pack. Anyway, I can't use them on Win98 - it has to be ME, 2000 or XP (oh and probably NT too, but I can't remember). Maybe this is just M$ being deliberately awkward in their install routines, though.
Sun 30/12/01 at 14:07
Hmmm. Maybe I'll hold off on XP for a while.

Though Turbonutter does have a point about "newbies" though.

Whilst I am a newbie at this particular forum, I hope you can all tell that I am a pretty seasoned forum veteran. I frequent other boards, sometimes with different names, and it is true that occasionally, good forums get overrun by mental newbies. I like reading FOG, but there is also a lot of idiocy in there also.

I came to this forum because the Edge forum just went crazy with newbies, all talking rubbish.
Sun 30/12/01 at 19:21
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Doc:

That has got to be MS just being money-grabbing.

FunkyG:

I used to have loads of forums (I used to frequent 4 here). Some of them were shut down (F2S) and some were destroyed by newbies.
Mon 31/12/01 at 02:19
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
guess how old I'll be in new years day!

Sonic

the devil inside!
Mon 31/12/01 at 02:22
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Please don't spam my lovely forum. Only me, Andi, Phil, Luke, Chris and Alan are allowed to do that :)
Mon 31/12/01 at 02:23
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
soz tbn... why ain't u ever in FOG?

Sonic
Mon 31/12/01 at 02:29
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Because the FOG is full of spamming newbies, illiterate newbies, idiotic newbies, incoherent newbies, unintelligent newbies, and newbies.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.