GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"3D or not 3D : The Freeola Poll"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/11/11 at 08:23
Regular
"I like turtles"
Following on from the discussion in the General Thread thought it would be interesting to do a quick poll of who on here has/intends to invest in 3D technology and who doesn't.

Are you? :

A: I already own (or intend to purchase) 3D technology and it is amazing, I just can't wait to see which cinematic masterpiece is going to be crudely doctored next. Citizen Kane in 3D?, count me in.

B: Not at all interested, 3D is a cheap and nasty gimmick. Doesn't matter how many dimensions I view The Green Lantern in, it still sucked. Besides, there's sod all wrong with my full HD plasma, picture is awesome and I don't have to wear glasses to watch it.

C: 3D is alright, not really bothered either way TBH. If I do decide to upgrade my AV equipment may as well go for it. If I don't use it then it doesn't really matter.

D: I hereby declare that the creator of this poll is so awesome that I will gladly donate any future GAD wins to him. Once this option has been selected it cannot be retracted and is legally binding.

I'll start, B
Fri 25/11/11 at 15:13
"Are you sure?"
...and all along I've been thinking it was just another way for manufacturers to flog lots of new kit! ;¬)

The new Ultra, Super-Duper HD format seems to be the way forward.
My eyes may need an upgrade as well though!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 25/11/11 at 15:12
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I see theres no option for a person that nature has cruelly decreed cant see 3D on a TV. Shocking discrimination!
Fri 25/11/11 at 14:45
"possibly impossible"
Grandprix wrote:
I'd probably say E = I can see some advantages that 3D could possibly bring but it is not the next big thing that HD was. I think 3D is gimmick that should be an option and nothing more.

But no-one is saying 3D is the next big thing after HD.

It would be like saying a bell on a bike is the next big thing after the invention of the gear.

3D is meant as another tool for a movie producer to use to tell a story. Whether it's used in that way or just to sell a film is irrelevant to 3D as a medium, only to the movies you'd buy. Otherwise you might as well say that TVs in general are a bad idea because there are so many terrible movies/TV shows.

3D, in that respect, is more like something like Bullet time in films.
Fri 25/11/11 at 14:01
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I'd probably say E = I can see some advantages that 3D could possibly bring but it is not the next big thing that HD was. I think 3D is gimmick that should be an option and nothing more.
Fri 25/11/11 at 13:00
Regular
"How Ironic"
I'll go for Option X : Boycott every single games and film company that is pushing 3D equipment and games.

But yeh, B for me too.
Fri 25/11/11 at 11:55
"Are you sure?"
Put me down for a 'B'.

The thing is though - if you buy a decent to top-of-the-range TV these days it'll more than likely have 3D built in whether you want it or not.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 25/11/11 at 10:55
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
I'll throw in a D .... (can't break tradition pete) :¬)
Fri 25/11/11 at 10:48
Regular
B, definitely. If it were truly 3D it would be okay. But right now it's like 2D images, some in the foreground, some in the middleground, and some in the background.

Like a pop up book. The way it costs more as well.
Fri 25/11/11 at 09:25
Regular
"I like turtles"
pb wrote:
I'll go D.

Awww, thanks mate! :)
Fri 25/11/11 at 09:10
Regular
I would say B, but I've never actually seen any 3D film yet. Even without seeing it, I know that it isn't essential viewing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.