GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Substance or Splinter Cell or DMC 2?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance'.
Mon 10/03/03 at 17:33
Regular
Am I right in believing they all are released on the same day? If so what one will you be buying first? I am undecided so maybe some of you guys could help me out!

-MGS:Substance-looks impressive but like MGS2 too much I think. Nothing new
-Splinter Cell-looks brilliant but the playable demo isn't all that.
-Devil May Cry 2-looks fun to play but is said to be worst than the first.

Please reply with your views. Thanks!

pring
Tue 11/03/03 at 09:25
Regular
"Complete Banker"
If you don't have MGS2 or haven't played it through, then I'd probably go for that, however I can't see that being many people....

Like most other people, I wasn't too impressed with Splinter Cell, although it's had some good reviews and may get better as you play it through.

I've heard mixed things about DMC2, so I'm not sure on that one at all. Some say it's a pile of poo and others say it's good, but not as good as the first.

Personally - I'll give all 3 a miss. (Still playing through Ratchet & Clank and haven't even started Vice City!!)
Mon 10/03/03 at 22:37
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
Splinter Cell definetly looks like the best out of the bunch. although i personally would go for devil may cry 2.
Mon 10/03/03 at 21:49
Odin wrote:
> Angelina Jolie isnt that hot.

What!... You need your eyes tested... My opinion though
Sorry lads, forgot some people don't have jobs. I was mearly stating that there is the option to buy all three, not that i want to. Sorry if i annoyed or offended anyone

No, you didn't offend me. Some people are lucky enough while others aren't. I on the other hand am sat on the fence in the middle.
Mon 10/03/03 at 20:48
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I'll probably buy Metal Gear Solid 2:Substance because I didn't get Sons of Liberty.I wanted to buy Splinter Cell but when I played the demo, I thought it was crap.Devil May Cry 2 also looks quite good.
Mon 10/03/03 at 20:42
Regular
Angelina Jolie isnt that hot. Sorry lads, forgot some people don't have jobs. I was mearly stating that there is the option to buy all three, not that i want to. Sorry if i annoyed or offended anyone
Mon 10/03/03 at 19:56
Odin wrote:
> Why can't we buy both, or all.

Cos' I like many others dont live in cookoo land with money trees and a girlfriend identical to Angelina Jolie...
We can all dream though...
Mon 10/03/03 at 19:47
Regular
"'what goes here?'"
Maybe not everyone can afford all three at once! Like me I am only 14 and I can only buy a game when I save up enough money from my pocket money and my paper round!
Mon 10/03/03 at 19:18
Regular
Why can't we buy both, or all.
Mon 10/03/03 at 19:11
Regular
Isnt Splinter Cell out in April?

MGS2 affected me emotionally which was weird for a game but when you play it a second time it just doesnt happen again as you tire of the cut scenes. Splinter cell looks pretty good but I don't know if it can put down the MGS legacy. I have heard that DMC2 is looking pretty sharp.
Mon 10/03/03 at 19:00
Regular
Splinter Cell, i never liked MGS2 for some reason. Probably the only person on the planet who didnt. Never plays DMC but looked too Japanesey if you know what i meen.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.