GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Substance or Splinter Cell or DMC 2?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance'.
Mon 10/03/03 at 17:33
Regular
Am I right in believing they all are released on the same day? If so what one will you be buying first? I am undecided so maybe some of you guys could help me out!

-MGS:Substance-looks impressive but like MGS2 too much I think. Nothing new
-Splinter Cell-looks brilliant but the playable demo isn't all that.
-Devil May Cry 2-looks fun to play but is said to be worst than the first.

Please reply with your views. Thanks!

pring
Tue 18/03/03 at 17:28
Regular
I had been trying to decide between these three for some time, and eventually made a completely different decision. I went for Kingdom Hearts! :D

I decided that after a few reviews stating that DMC2 was a real let down after the original, that I would stick with my old copy of DMC and not worry about new stuff.

Splinter Cell really didn't look that great to me. I thought that the way the main character moved looked fairly unrealistic, not sure why, but it just had that "this is a puppet show" feel to it. Besides, I`d go for Metal Gear over this any day.

But... perhaps not Metal Gear Substance. If I had gone for one of the three, it would have been this, but only just. The new VR missions would have been just enough to tempt me over the other two, but not enough to make me buy it.

As a result... didn`t go for any of them, and looked back in time a little to see what I`d missed during my exams, and found Kingdom Hearts.
Tue 18/03/03 at 14:19
Regular
"Complete Banker"
And the fact that you can pick up MGS2 for less than £20 makes it my choice
Tue 18/03/03 at 14:10
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Master J wrote:
> Think man, Splinter Cell rocks, the graphics are off the scale and the
> gameplay never gets tedious or boring.

Have you actually played Splinter Cell?? The graphics are good, but it's slow, unwealdy and dull.
Tue 18/03/03 at 13:53
Regular
"accidental superher"
i played the demo on the pc...and wasn't impressed by it cos it was so short and easy...
i bought the full game nonetheless and it is a lot funner and more challenging
i recommend splinter cell
Tue 18/03/03 at 13:41
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I played a demo of splinter cell on the PC, one word Booorrrring. Suppose it's good if you like that thing, but I don't so I'd recommend DMC2.
Mon 17/03/03 at 22:13
Regular
Metal Gear and Splinter Cell
Mon 17/03/03 at 20:33
Regular
"Never Soft"
No Fifa 2003, TimeSplitters 2 & MGS2 rule
Mon 17/03/03 at 20:21
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Definately get DMC2. I have it. Its brilliant.

MGS: Substance - Looks and sounds too much like SOL.
Splinter Cell - Cant comment really, never played it and not seen any media.
DMC2 - I have it, and it rules.
Mon 17/03/03 at 20:18
Regular
Think man, Splinter Cell rocks, the graphics are off the scale and the gameplay never gets tedious or boring. MGS2 is repetitive, boring and the AI of the guards is brutal to say the least.DMC2, dont get me started on this, please dont, this is the most dissapointing game ever to me because it just doesnt feel as good as the first one and lacks the playability. Trust me, Splinter Cell is the one to go for but no doubt you have it already.
Tue 11/03/03 at 17:30
Regular
"'what goes here?'"
Odin wrote:
> Sorry if i annoyed or offended anyone

you didn't offend me I was just saying that a wouldn't be able to afford all three at once. Might be able to persuade my parents to buy me one of them though!! :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.