GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox or Gamecube?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/12/01 at 19:12
Regular
Hey guys, i need help on deciding which console I'm getting. Can you help me?

Thanx.
Wed 09/01/02 at 20:20
I'm getting both, if one is really inferior i'll sell it
SORTED!
Wed 09/01/02 at 19:28
Regular
"Don't mess"
XBOX rules.

It has the power neede to make the games look stunning but it also has the games required to make a console sell. Microsoft have signed so many developers and Nintendo so few that you will have some good games on the Game Cube and tonnes of games (good, bad and freaky) on the XBOX so there will be something to everybodies taste.

ps. I'm going for it due to it's power and for HALO.
Wed 09/01/02 at 13:50
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
X-Box is the best console in the world - just look at Halo and Project Gotham Racing for proof.
Tue 08/01/02 at 21:59
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I've played all those games to (well apart from Halo, but i'm gonna play that next week). And i'd have to agree with you. The X-Box does seem like an alright console. If not REALLY ugly, with a REALLY UGLY controller. But if anyone was to ask me which one to get, i'd tell them to get a Gamecube!

:)
Tue 08/01/02 at 21:45
Regular
"You've upset me"
Having played on both machines (Pikmin, WaveRace and Luigi's Mansion on GameCube, DOA3 and Halo on X-Box) I can safely say that I'll be getting a GC. That's not because I didn't like the Xbox, belive me, it's fantastic. But, to me, the GC appeals more. If you're delibertating whetehr to get an Xbox, get it, if you're wondering whether to get a GC or an Xbox, get a GC.
Tue 08/01/02 at 21:40
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Gamecube!

It'll have most of the decent games that the X-Box will have. Plus it will have all the BRILLIANT games that will only be released on the Gamecube!

GAMEUBE! yer baby, yer!

:)
Mon 07/01/02 at 20:05
A lot of people will tell you to get an Xbox because it plays DVDs whereas GameCube doesn't. My arguement is: Who cares?
If you want a console because it plays DVDs then buy a DVD player! Games consoles should play games! Thats why you should get a GameCube because Nintendo haven't tried to make an all-singing, all-dancing console, instead they have done what Nintendo do best: Create a console that will play the best, the most enjoyable and the most original games in the world. But you can get an Xbox if you really want. Its your life, I don't care...
Thu 03/01/02 at 19:23
Regular
"Whatever!"
I would personally get the GC!! Im still interested in the X-Box though!!
Thu 03/01/02 at 19:22
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
Get the gamecube.
Thu 03/01/02 at 18:47
Regular
Im sorry to say neither of them.
I mean, I know they`ve Just come out and everyone wants them but i think they are both just copies of what Sony and Nintendo started with.
Then came along DREAMCAST,GAMECUBE ,MICROSOFT!

These are all just copies of the real thing (SONY AND NINTENDO)

I think either get a PS2 if you hant got one or wait for DOLPHIN to come out.

Whatver you do,Dont waste your money on a console you dont like .............

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.