GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Orta in the Sky with Dragons"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Panzer Dragoon Orta'.
Tue 11/03/03 at 08:28
Regular
The Dreamcast may be long dead but SEGA are continuing to release some quality titles. One such game is PANZER DRAGOON ORTA [which is released on the 28th of this month].

If you liked the luscious REZ then you are bound to like PDO. Like REZ, it's an 'on-rails' flying shooter, and it looks beautiful and plays like a dream. Smilebit, the creators of the game, have produced something truly fantastic.

Having played the Xbox demo of the 1st level, I can't wait to get my hands on this beauty. Yes it's true that all the gameplay consists of is shooting things, but [for me] it's going to be a game to treasure: a visual feast which is both relaxing and intense at the same time.

Anyone else counting the days until it's release?
Tue 11/03/03 at 09:27
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
True. I better bid for it now.
Tue 11/03/03 at 09:14
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Unbeliever wrote:
> You might think I'm crazy, and I think I am.

Slightly crazy ;)
Seriously though, it's probably a worthwhile investment, and on top of that you get to play some classic games.
Tue 11/03/03 at 09:02
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Both. After reading the feature in Edge magazine about these highly collectable games, I decided I wanted most of them. Look at them as an investment. These will be worth almost twice as much as they are now. I have seen a copy of Radiant Silvergun on e-bay for £125 (Buy it Now).

I am seriously considering buying it. You might think I'm crazy, and I think I am. BUT, I'm looking at is an a decent investment and the value of it would rise rather than decline.
Tue 11/03/03 at 08:58
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I can't say that I do.
120 quid! Are you on a Saturn game collection mission, or are you buying now to sell later?
Tue 11/03/03 at 08:49
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
If you know anyone who can get hold of a copy of Radiant Silvergun, let me know. I'd be willing to shell out £120 for that game...
Tue 11/03/03 at 08:47
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Yeah, I heard the old Panzer games are quite rare and selling at a high price.
Tue 11/03/03 at 08:42
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Yeah, of course it will! The graphics are supposed to be out of this world.

What about Panzer Dragoon Saga? The 4 disc RPG on the Saturn? Very, very rare and hard to find...and I got myself a copy! Heh heh! It cost me a fair old wedge of cash as well but apparently it's worth about £120!
Tue 11/03/03 at 08:40
Regular
"Laughingstock"
The Saturn Panzer Dragoons were cool, but this new version will be sweeter.
Tue 11/03/03 at 08:36
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Yeah, I'm trying to track down a copy for my Saturn at the moment...
Tue 11/03/03 at 08:28
Regular
"Laughingstock"
The Dreamcast may be long dead but SEGA are continuing to release some quality titles. One such game is PANZER DRAGOON ORTA [which is released on the 28th of this month].

If you liked the luscious REZ then you are bound to like PDO. Like REZ, it's an 'on-rails' flying shooter, and it looks beautiful and plays like a dream. Smilebit, the creators of the game, have produced something truly fantastic.

Having played the Xbox demo of the 1st level, I can't wait to get my hands on this beauty. Yes it's true that all the gameplay consists of is shooting things, but [for me] it's going to be a game to treasure: a visual feast which is both relaxing and intense at the same time.

Anyone else counting the days until it's release?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.