GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I have a Gamecube"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/12/01 at 13:07
Regular
well almost.
Ive got mine on order from america

1 console
3 pads
5 games
-Star wars rogue squadron
-luigis mansion
-super smash brothers
-wave race
-pikmin
and a mem card
all for teh tidy sum of £400
i cant wait
the cube looks cool the games look great and nintendos future has nether looked so bright...

i dont like the xbox i prefer the gamecube, although im not saying the x-box is bad far from it i think it will be a good console i just dont like it.
I want a games console fo old.
Put your game in and your away
Has anyone seen the size of teh gamecube disk.
Its amazingly small and holds 1.5 gigs of data
on a 1024x768 res and a 14 inch monitorits like this dimension wise (holding it up to teh screen)

____
/
/
/
/

/
/

/
l l
l l
l l

/

/
/
/
/
/
____ /

something like that
and holds 1.5 and its the sexiest bit of plastic i ever seen
all i can say is that christmas is gonna be good
Mon 31/12/01 at 19:53
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
ive had enough *clash of Thunder* THese type of post are two a penny . What is the point "OH i have gamecube Horay!"

that is very nice we all appluade you but you don't have to rub it in all of our %#£"! FACES.

You have a gamecube now.

We will have one Later.

. sorry i had to let it out of my system :0<

and...... That me friends is the end of that chapter
Mon 31/12/01 at 19:41
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
you dont have to pay over £100 extra , if you buy them from ebay , from an american seller , you can pick one up for less than £200 , with the postage cost added aswell ! the best for a brand new one , including postage was about £180 ! not bad at all !
Sun 30/12/01 at 19:13
There is a little thing called 'insurance', such as recorded delievery, so until you have signed for it, they cant take the money away from you. Also most major bank cards have insurance on them in case of things going missing in the post.

There is no proof it'll play pal games, but its the same machine with just a little bit of code making it recogonise it as a pal game, its a known fact that no console is totally one region, all can be made to play all regions.
Sun 30/12/01 at 18:34
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I agree with Solskjaer, I think it's best to wait for the UK Gamecube...Solskjaer just put the point across better than me.
Sun 30/12/01 at 18:31
Regular
"Long time no see!"
A big factor that obviously affects people to choose to wait rather than import is the cost of it all. You have to pay over £100 more than you would after the UK launch! And the postal system isn't always accurate, things can get lost or un-delivered!! How would you feel about that??
Sun 30/12/01 at 12:35
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> Apparently it is possible to play PAL games on the
> GC, it requires a small bit
> of chipping. I seen it on QXL.com.

So,
> explain to me how someone has tested this on PAL games?

Sonic

I really couldnt say, i dont know the whole details.
Sun 30/12/01 at 03:33
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Ok, ok Sonic, you put me well and truely in my place...can I please eat my humble pie now?
Sun 30/12/01 at 03:16
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
slave2games wrote:
> I don't think that you should import your Gamecube because of a few reasons.
> First, you cannot totally rely on the company sending you the Gamecube, even if
> it isn't their fault, and it's the Post Office's fault.

This is a very pesimistic view!

Second, you will never
> have the total satisfaction that you own a brand new, UK Gamecube; something
> which I am sure a lot of fans will agree with.

So, the fact you have a GC sooner than anyone else, you get games sooner, and the games are of highter quality with faster refresh rate... that doesn't satisfy you? The fact you get to play games that will never come out in this country!

And finally, you would have to
> either buy the rest of its software from the internet(yes, you may get it
> cheaper, but you could never go to your local Woolworths, or even Special
> Reserve(if you live by one), and get the games that you want), or if you did go
> to a local importer, the games they sell are very expensive, and are not always
> entirely sure of working properly.

NOT AT ALL! What me and friends do is to buy an import when they come out, thus getting the consoles first! Then we either chip them, or get an adaptor so we can play any region games. So now, if we want to, we can get UK games (even though they come out last and run slower than US games!)

sonic
Sun 30/12/01 at 02:50
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I don't think that you should import your Gamecube because of a few reasons. First, you cannot totally rely on the company sending you the Gamecube, even if it isn't their fault, and it's the Post Office's fault. Second, you will never have the total satisfaction that you own a brand new, UK Gamecube; something which I am sure a lot of fans will agree with. And finally, you would have to either buy the rest of its software from the internet(yes, you may get it cheaper, but you could never go to your local Woolworths, or even Special Reserve(if you live by one), and get the games that you want), or if you did go to a local importer, the games they sell are very expensive, and are not always entirely sure of working properly.
Sun 30/12/01 at 01:43
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
cookie monster wrote:
> Apparently it is possible to play PAL games on the GC, it requires a small bit
> of chipping. I seen it on QXL.com.

So, explain to me how someone has tested this on PAL games?

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.