GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"healthy eating boring!!!!!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/07/07 at 18:11
Regular
"Naughty but Nice"
I have always been able to eat what i like and stayed thin but as im getting older that is much harder to do
i go to the gym three times a week but i till have to cut out all those goodies its so boring!! ANY SUGGESTIONS
Thu 26/07/07 at 00:19
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> I'm the same, can stuff meself with anything and not put on
> weight, much to the annoyance of people on diets. What's even
> more annoying is I've never joined a fitness club in my life and
> yet everyone thinks I work out.

Ditto, pretty much to the word!

My advice:
There's no such thing as an unhealthy food*, but there is such a thing as an unhealthy diet, and "diet" does not mean "slimming regime".

Basically, eat what you like. Just don't overdo it.

[s]* unless it's been poisoned or contaminated or infused with polonium 210 or another deadly substance, or hasn't been cooked long enough to kill all the little critters in it[/s]
Tue 24/07/07 at 00:58
Regular
"A.S.P."
I try to find alternatives to the most fattening foods I like.

Baked snacks instead of fried ones (check the back of crisp and snack packets and the worst ones are about 33g fat per 100g whereas things like monster munch are about 24g fat per 100g)

Low fat mayonaise in sandwiches instead of butter or spread. Tuna instead of cheese. The new low fat Helmans has a nice mustardy taste which means it doesn't taste low fat.

Half fat cheeses are fine in cheese on toast or in a sarnie with tomatoes or something else flavourful. On their own they're not quite right...

I bake alot of cakes & pastries but tend to use creme freche instead of cream. If you mix it with a tiny bit of honey or sugar it takes away the slightly yoghurty tinge and most people wouldn't know it wasn't cream without being told. I prefer the taste and texture of the Marks & Sparks half fat creme freche. It's particularly nice with mangoes or in an apricot and almond sandwich cake.

I usually eat dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate now and only buy the good stuff when I do eat milk chocolate. Dark chocolate doesn't have the rubbish added and as a general rule I can't devour a whole 250g bar of it!

I mostly drink green tea too, it's full of antioxidants and you don't need milk or sugar in it.

If you want to try some great healthy recipes, try the diabetic website - my favourite is the apricot and ginger cheesecake, it really does taste lovely but is so healthy too.
http://www.diabetes.org.uk/Guide-to-diabetes/Food_and_recipes/Recipes/Recipes_Listing/?page=1

I'm never too strict with myself as I then have a tendancy to compensate by eating worse afterwards but I just shave off the calories and fat grams where I can so it doesn't make me too miserable!
Sun 22/07/07 at 10:54
Regular
"Laughingstock"
My advice: indulge in fruit. Buy loads of the stuff, all kinds, berries and melons etc., and mix'n'match it in a cornucopia of sweetness. Learn how to make tasty salads. If you're not vegetarian, eat lorryloads of fish. And abracadabra: fit as a butcher's dog. You got to wean yourself off the fat/salt addiction. So yeah. Easy as pie really.
Sat 21/07/07 at 22:49
Regular
I think it's basically all just to do with your metabolism. In the same way some people are cursed by ineffective metabolisms which cause them to break down fats very slowly. It's something technical to do with the emulsion of fats is all I've ever really learned about it. As to whether it's a blessing, I'd say probably yes, as long as it doesn't leave you feeling that you could eat as you are eating.

And as for the grammar, I believe it is 'effects'. 'Affect' is usually emotionally connected, e.g "the Vietnam war affected him"
Sat 21/07/07 at 22:33
Regular
I'm skinny, I eat what I like, when I like. Maybe once I get older I'll have to control that.. no wait, why?

Anyway.. er.. I have no idea why I can't put weight on. I'm even on medication which actually increases your appetite and makes you put weight on (they're anti-psychotics, it's one of the side effects)

Affects? Effects?

But.. yeah, I really can't work it out. Lucky perhaps?
Sat 21/07/07 at 21:47
Regular
"I may return"
Revolver Ocelot wrote:
> I eat what I feel like, really. Luckily it doesn't take much to
> fill me and I like a lot of healthy foods.

That wont matter when you're old... (like Machie) you get fat for no apparent reason.. (like Machie)
Sat 21/07/07 at 21:43
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
I eat what I feel like, really. Luckily it doesn't take much to fill me and I like a lot of healthy foods.
Sat 21/07/07 at 20:40
Regular
I have a metabolism that works so fast it sort of cancels out anything I've eaten, which seems to leave me almost constantly hungry, but with the ability to eat almost anything and not put on weight.

The only structured exercise I do is Taekwondo for an hour and a half a week, but it does help. However, I do usually end up going on treks, as in, choosing to walk or cycle somewhere and the distance is usually in excess of ten miles.

I've had days where I've been hungry and couldn't be bothered to eat; drinking tea and doing something to distract yourself helps quite a bit.

Recently I've eaten a lot of crap, like MacDonalds meals too often.. but, I still find I can happily snack on a bowl of cereal or some fruit. I don't like most vegetables (refusing to eat parsnips, turnip and brussell sprouts) but can usually disguise them in a meal and eat 'em anyway.
Sun 08/07/07 at 19:50
Regular
"Naughty but Nice"
Tiramisu wrote:
> Mmmm, tiramisu.
> It's all I eat, that's why I'm a semi-pro masked wrestler on the
> Salford-Rochdale circuit called 'Huey Humongous'.

Yes Mmmmmmm Tiramisu, but have you tried Limoncello its the bees knees, if you havnt tried it then do, its a must, its deeeelicious!
Sun 08/07/07 at 00:50
Regular
I love tiramisu =)

My advice is to not buy snacks, remove the temptation, or like me try and get rid of it as soon as possible by leaving junk food in your brothers room.

What you have to remember is just because someone is thin doesnt mean they're healthy and happy. When I eat well and exercise I feel like a million pounds compared to when I just stuffed my face.

Exercise is important, you don't have to join the gym to do it. I enjoy walks, and a bit of cycling on my exercise bike while I watch a bit of tv.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.