GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Twas the night before christmas..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/12/01 at 11:47
Regular
And all through the house, not a creature was stirring except for a goatboy.

I went shopping yesterday and it almost turned into a "State of Emergency" gaming situation.
Ok, I know it's my own fault for leaving it so late, but I'm different to everyone else.
I know what I wanted and what shop it was in.

What I didn't do was stand in the middle of the concourse with my enormo-buggy and scream at my dirty-faced children eating burgers.
And I didn't stand in HMV staring at rows of Cds shouting "What one did Jack want?" to my overweight partner standing 9 aisles down.
(why do HMV stores have the narrowest aisles in all of shopping history?)

No, I bought 4 DVDs and 2 CDs for people, then got in my car and left.
What is so hard about that?
Why does everyone go mental at Xmas and make like it's Spartacus or something?
Blokes shopping is totally different, we are like laser-guided missiles.
We go directly to the store, get it and leave.
We're the SAS of consumers.
But the women armed with prams and kids...those that are born to dawdle and get in my way.
Or my personal favourite, stopping dead when you're right behind them so you pile over them and end up sitting in their push-chair looking confused and angry.

Shopping is no place for a man to be.
Unless it's two men, and then you just wander about in computer stores and gadget ones. We don't amble around Boots picking things up and reading them, before putting them down and going right back to the 1st thing we saw.

And public loos.
Why, in the 21st century, do men still pee standing next to each other? It's not pleasant or civilised. The women get cubicles, so why do complete strangers have to stand 3 inches away from each other and stare fixedly at the wall, refusing to acknowledge anyone else in the room?
Why?
Because you'd get beaten up and left for dead if you started chatting to the bloke next to you.
As it should be.

Now I have killed 20 mins and I'm going to wrap stuff up.

One last point:
Why do girlies like dragons and stuff?
Every woman I know wants some pikey Middle Earth figures.

Ah well, at least this topic has a top title before anyone else nicked it.

Happy Xmas kids, hope you get exactly what you deserve from Santa.
Mon 24/12/01 at 11:47
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
And all through the house, not a creature was stirring except for a goatboy.

I went shopping yesterday and it almost turned into a "State of Emergency" gaming situation.
Ok, I know it's my own fault for leaving it so late, but I'm different to everyone else.
I know what I wanted and what shop it was in.

What I didn't do was stand in the middle of the concourse with my enormo-buggy and scream at my dirty-faced children eating burgers.
And I didn't stand in HMV staring at rows of Cds shouting "What one did Jack want?" to my overweight partner standing 9 aisles down.
(why do HMV stores have the narrowest aisles in all of shopping history?)

No, I bought 4 DVDs and 2 CDs for people, then got in my car and left.
What is so hard about that?
Why does everyone go mental at Xmas and make like it's Spartacus or something?
Blokes shopping is totally different, we are like laser-guided missiles.
We go directly to the store, get it and leave.
We're the SAS of consumers.
But the women armed with prams and kids...those that are born to dawdle and get in my way.
Or my personal favourite, stopping dead when you're right behind them so you pile over them and end up sitting in their push-chair looking confused and angry.

Shopping is no place for a man to be.
Unless it's two men, and then you just wander about in computer stores and gadget ones. We don't amble around Boots picking things up and reading them, before putting them down and going right back to the 1st thing we saw.

And public loos.
Why, in the 21st century, do men still pee standing next to each other? It's not pleasant or civilised. The women get cubicles, so why do complete strangers have to stand 3 inches away from each other and stare fixedly at the wall, refusing to acknowledge anyone else in the room?
Why?
Because you'd get beaten up and left for dead if you started chatting to the bloke next to you.
As it should be.

Now I have killed 20 mins and I'm going to wrap stuff up.

One last point:
Every woman I know wants some pikey Middle Earth figures.

Ah well, at least this topic has a top title before anyone else nicked it.

Mon 24/12/01 at 11:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I did loads on Friday. Then I left the rest for today and did it all before 9. I was home just after 9 and now all I've got to do is wrap the basts! CDs and DVDs make xmas so easy, but still expensive.
Mon 24/12/01 at 12:00
Regular
Ive got all my stuff on Thursday it weren't that busy really considering it was late night shopping well happy holidays everyybody.
Mon 24/12/01 at 20:52
Regular
Goatboy wrote:

i thought it was unicorns?
to be honest i think stuff like that sucks it just gets in the way and collects dust
borr-ring
Mon 24/12/01 at 20:56
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I got up at 10... went shopping for about hour... then spent about 2 hours wrapping few stuff... easy :)

The buggy thing and their mums... know what you mean. You just want to tell them to get out the bloody way...

Err ho ho ho :)
Mon 24/12/01 at 20:59
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Goatboy wrote:

Nice ending... hope all these gits get coal... I've been a good boy :)
Mon 24/12/01 at 21:01
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Oi Sheepy, get on MSN. We gotta figure out how to get NetStorm working on your computer ;)
Mon 24/12/01 at 21:10
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'm downloading it again, hopefully will work.

I need to go do family Christmas stuff for a bit, be on later.
Tue 25/12/01 at 22:34
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Yea. Women. Just stand around, saying, "Ohh I must go in here, ohhh ohh, thats nice"

We go.

*Silence* *Pick up present* *Pay* *Leave* *Go home*

Women eh, bloody women :-)

Buggys? Oh christ don't get me started on buggys.
Tue 25/12/01 at 22:40
Regular
yeah, we rule

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.