GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Age of Mythology"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Age of Mythology'.
Tue 11/03/03 at 19:19
Regular
Heard some good stuff about this game, is it worth getting?
Tue 11/03/03 at 22:09
Regular
Wouldnt have said it was a rant. I admit i havnt played Empire Earth online but what i have played of it (its my Dad's game) i thought it was a bit shabby. Too much emphasis placed on the sheer size of the game, like the number of units and civilisation, and not enough attention to detail.

Just buy Command and Conquer Generals, that beats them both
Tue 11/03/03 at 22:03
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Odin wrote:
> Empire Earth is lame lame lame, Age of Mythology is great.

---

Your opinion, but it's certainly not one I share with you.

Empire Earth has loads of civilisations, huge maps, the ability to have 8 teams on the screen with 160 units each at max (when 2 teams are on the map 600 is the max for each), a fantastic multiplayer, 4 different and expansive campaigns, and there are hundreds of upgradable units There's even an excellent introduction.

What does Age Of Mythology have? Yes, great campaigns, yes, interesting looking maps, but aside from that, Empire Earth beats it in every area - online multiplayer, things to do and amount of units and technologies.

Empire Earth isn't made by Microsoft, and it's so similar to previous Age Of Empires games, so it's really, well, stolen, but it's you can go from the Prehistoric Age right through to the Nano Age, and not just through from the Stone Age through 4 similar Ages before stopping, and it can cram so many more units onto the screen.

Age of Mythology is Age Of Empires 2 with Gods involved.
Empire Earth is Age Of Empires 2 advanced, with more ages, more campaigns, more available units, more teams and it's just generally better.

End rant.
Tue 11/03/03 at 21:10
Regular
Robin wrote:
> If you have age of empires then you basically have age of
> mythology...
> They are just basically the same...

you obviously havnt played the game, go play it and come back with an opinion
Tue 11/03/03 at 21:09
Regular
Empire Earth is lame lame lame, Age of Mythology is great. Has an excellent single player campaign. Its a much better game with better graphics, gameply, and doesnt feel disjointed like Empire Earth. Age of Mythology is a well rounded game and in my opinion much better than Empire Earth
Tue 11/03/03 at 21:05
If you have age of empires then you basically have age of mythology...
They are just basically the same...
Tue 11/03/03 at 20:50
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Right - Empire Earth is my next GAD 3 I recon
Tue 11/03/03 at 20:10
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Get red alert 2, its cheaper and more fun. And then i could play you on the internet.
Tue 11/03/03 at 20:08
Regular
It's boring and my pc is too crap to make it look like the screenshots.
Tue 11/03/03 at 19:46
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I did.

It's good, but Empire Earth is much better.

So get that, if you don't have it.
Tue 11/03/03 at 19:40
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Will someone let me know if it is good/bad please.

Is it similar to Age of Empires only more 'mythical'

If I am going to spend £32 I want to be sure it is decent!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.