GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hands up - Who thinks Steps are rubbish?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/12/01 at 16:37
Regular
It's a well known fiction that the British media like to bring down those who have success, and at every opportunity they'll make up an entire novel from a school kid's rumour, but I don't think it's fair that Steps never get criticised other than by lovers of music. Now, before I tell you exactly how I feel about them, let me just say that they have got a talent - they manage not to have that much talent, yet are incredibly successful, so well done to them.

Right. Steps, I'm picking on them because they annoy me - their first song "5,6,7,8" wasn't that bad, but from then on they became Abba clones, disgraced Beegees classics and occasionally made up their own songs, none of which stood out as they all sounded the same, and quite frankly weren't any good. I applaud any charity work they do because their songs do sell well and its good that they do donate to good causes other than H's new comedy sunglasses.

Ok, I'll admit to not being the greatest fan of pop music, but Steps are just so annoying! Firstly, why are there two men in the group, when you can only hear women's voices? So they're a pop group, and they're meant to be slightly 'corny' right? Well, everytime they're 'performing' on television, the cameraman likes to do his thing - zooming into the Timmy Mallet like miming 'H', who mechanically waves to the camera and smiles - how clever!

"Fay" and the other blonde haired singer both seem to know what they're doing, although they haven't got great voices, but the Step with long brown hair, who looks like she has braces on her teeth (strange that), always seems so nervous and you fully expect her to burst into tears - she can't reach the mic, and it is quite funny...

Then there's the other bloke - what a funny guy! Seriously, everytime I see Steps on TV I can't stop laughing, especially when we zoom to the chappy with dark hair - forgetting the fact that you can't hear his voice, unless he sings like a girl, it's hilarious that he always without fail starts smirking - such a cheesy grin, that he stops singing and and follows the camera round, oh you just have to see it.

Anyway, Steps are rubbish, but people love them, I don't, my choice, thanks for reading - now hands up - who agrees?

Cheers
Wed 26/12/01 at 14:38
*Red dot appears on ' H's ' head (by the way did you know he can't read) just as he starts telling the crowd of three year olds to clap (even though he keeps missing) a bullet flies towards his head and just bounces off...
Wed 26/12/01 at 00:53
Regular
Mattyboy wrote:
Almost as bad as Hear say!!

god they are bad

and does anyone else think that guy looks like the lovechild of the incredible hulk and shrek?
Tue 25/12/01 at 23:27
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
We should pull their tounges out.
Tue 25/12/01 at 23:03
Lol!
Mon 24/12/01 at 20:28
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Amazon2K wrote:

>Hands up - Who thinks Steps are rubbish?

*A crowd of people are standing, hands up. The camera pans out to reveal a whole football stadium full of people, hands up. The camera pans further, revealing a whole city full, and then further and further, and further. The whole world has their hands up.*

(except some dumb people)
Mon 24/12/01 at 20:14
Regular
I just want to smack H for wearing the monkry T shirt and for sticking out his tounge all the time.
Mon 24/12/01 at 18:15
Regular
"Whatever!"
Yeah I agree - Steps are just terrible - Almost as bad as Hear say!!
Mon 24/12/01 at 12:58
Regular
"Long time no see!"
My hands are definitley UP!!!

I can't stand them!! How can you say that the women are nice??? Or maybe it's just me. I can't stand their songs, so I don't see them or their vidoes. How can ANYONE like them??? The only person who I know that likes them is my mum!!
Mon 24/12/01 at 11:21
Lol

H is the most ridiculous thing I've seen in recent years.
Mon 24/12/01 at 11:16
"High polygon count"
Without them, I couldn't get up to bed at night.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.