GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nevermind the GADcocks"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/03/03 at 18:26
Regular
Dark Mark: Hello I am Dark Mark Lamar and welcome to Nevermind the GADcocks, Its like Buzzcocks only with game-related quiz questions.

>Intro music plays

Dark Mark: Introducing our teams, on the A team *Chuckles*, we have Drunk Cow and Rosalind. On team B we have Maverick, Melancholy and Jeff the cleaner.

Jeff the cleaner: Actually Mark, I am just cleaning, since you didn’t pay for the studio we have to clean around you.

Dark Mark: Damn low budget, well onto our quick fire questions round. The first question is, “Who is the fat Italian plum…”

>Buzz

Drunk Cow: Mario, Mario!

Dark Mark: Sorry, the question was, “Who is the fat Italian plumbers favourite watch manufacturer?” The answer obviously being Rolex!

Drunk Cow: Damn stupid English and their Monarchy, ooh we’re so good we have a queen and a palace…

Dark Mark: Shut up! Next question, “Which developer created the ever-popular title ‘The Sims’”?

Melancholy: Its Maxis dammit, Maxis. Because I have that cheat where you can see them all naked

> Maverick kicks him under the table

Melancholy: Yeah, Maxis

Dark Mark: It is indeed Maxis. When the Sims first came out I enjoyed it a lot. I say Enjoyed I meant tolerated. I say tolerated, what I actually did when it was released was rub butter in my eyes and put my head in an oven before dressing in pink spandex and jumping in front of cars on the M1 yelling, “I get knocked down, but I get up again, never gonna keep me down!”

Rosalind: Are you ok Mark, want me to get you a glass of water…

Dark Mark: I’m fine woman! The next round is the charades round; one team member has to act a scene from a game and if the other guesses correctly they get a point. First up is team A.

> Rosalind leaps up, rips her blouse off and begins jumping around in just her bra. After wobbling her boobs around everywhere for about 5 minutes, Drunk Cow seems to know the answer.

Drunk Cow: Dead or Alive: Beach Volleyball!

Dark Mark: Well done team A, now it is team B’s turn.

> Melancholy leaps to his feet and begins rolling himself frantically around on the floor. Maverick is puzzled and scratches his head puzzled. Melancholy begins miming he is stuck in a round structure and it becomes all too obvious.

Maverick: Its Super Monkey Ball. Right?

Dark Mark: That’s correct yes. Team A have 2 points and team B are on 1 point.
When Super Monkey Ball first came out I quite enjoyed it. I say enjoyed it, I tolerated it. I say tolerated, When it hit she shelves I rubbed by self head-to-toe in fish paste and threw myself into a part of the ocean well known for inhabiting hungry tiger sharks with big teeth.

> Audience laugh painfully

Dark Mark: For our final round we have the identity parade. Group A, you have to pick out which of the characters is the original Donkey Kong.

Is it 1, Donkey Kong

> A huge ape is stood in the studio glaring angrily at Rosalind

Is it 2, Plonker Kong

> Del Boy from Only Fools and Horses is stood in the studio smoking a pipe and grinning

Is it 3, Austin Powers

> A shagadellic, groovy looking funkster is jiving about the studio

Or is it 4, Jeff the cleaner

Jeff the cleaner: Actually I aren’t in the line-up, I am just sweeping over here.

Dark Mark: Oh, sorry. Team A, who do you choose?

Drunk Cow: I recon it is Del Boy…I mean David Jason… I mean

Dark Mark: We know who you mean!

Rosalind: I think it’s 1, Donkey Kong, but Drunk Cow seems so insistent…

Drunk Cow: Damn right I am

Dark Mark: Is that your final answer…sorry I had a Tarrant moment there!

Drunk Cow and Rosalind: Yes

Dark Mark: Will the real Donkey Kong please step forward

> The huge ape lumbers forward and crushes a sound guy on his way.

Drunk Cow: Damn, so near and yes so far

Rosalind: I told you it wa…

Dark Mark: Now team B, you have to select who you think is Bill Gates from this line of colourful characters!

Is it 1, man we found in a wheelbarrow outside the studio

> A tramp glares at the camera whilst eating a sandwich

Is it 2, fat star wars fan

> A beer-bellied geek with a Chewbacca T-shirt and a light sabre waves to the crowd.

Or is it 3, Bill Gates

> A bottle-rimmed glasses wearing, scrawny little fellow waves meekly at the crowd.

Maverick: Well they are all geeks somehow, except the homeless guy, he looks like my uncle

Homeless guy: M-Maverick?

Maverick: Not now uncle! I think it is number 2, he Is a geek all right!

Melancholy: 2 and 3 are both utter geeks with no lives. Haha look at you, pathetic.

> The fat star wars guy bursts into tears

Melancholy: I knew I’d break one of them, its number 3 for sure!

Maverick: Yeah, whatever

Dark Mark: Will the real Bill Gates make himself known

> Number 3 steps forward, drops some computer components on the floor and begins muttering technical jargon about Pentium 5.

Dark Mark: It appears we have a tie with both teams on two points. There is just one way to settle this, Russian Roulette…

> A shocked gasp goes up from the crowd.

Dark Mark: The rules are simple; we have a handgun with 6 chambers but only put 5 bullets in it. The winner is the last one alive.

Rosalind: I knew I shouldn’t have come on this show…

Melancholy: But we don’t have six people

Dark Mark: Yes we do

Melancholy: Erm, NO, we don’t.

Dark Mark: Rosalind, Drunk Cow, Melancholy, Maverick, Myself and Jeff the cleaner

Jeff the cleaner: What?

Dark Mark: Come here Jeff, want to make yourself £5?

Jeff the cleaner: Well gee sure I do

> Dark Mark shoots Jeff in the face and rests a crisp fiver onto his chest

Dark Mark: OK team A are first

> Dark Mark points the gun barrel at Drunk Cow and with a loud crack Drunk Cow slumps to the floor. Another loud crack and Rosalind slides under the table.

Dark Mark: Team B, it is your turn!

Melancholy: Goodbye cruel world…

> Dark Mark pulls the trigger and Melancholy thuds to the ground

Maverick: This means I win, right?

Dark Mark: Nope

> Dark Mark pulls the trigger again and Maverick falls backwards off his chair and lies motionlessly on the floor.

Dark Mark: I am the winner, and the prize money is all mine

Producer: Erm, we don’t have a prize

Dark Mark: What, no prize? What sort of game show is this?

Producer: A really low budget one…

> Dark Mark hurls the handgun at the producer and walks out of the studio in a huff.

Dark Mark: Stupid low budget studio…trained monkeys the lot of ‘em…channel 5 could do better…

> The camera zooms follows a fly around the studio and zooms in as it lands on the table. The tape begins to burn up and the shot flickers and turns to static.

The End
Thu 13/03/03 at 13:44
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
That's only the third or fourth spoof I've read. It was great.
Thu 13/03/03 at 13:39
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Dark Mark™ wrote:

>
> Good post Kyz, yet again. I especially liked this one seeing as this
> is probably the first spoof I've featured in within which I'm not
> killed, mysteriously transformed into someone else.
>
> *gives Drunk Cow a menacing "You're on my list, pal!" stare*

I blame Canada!

Good post Kyle. Liked it.:-D
Wed 12/03/03 at 21:06
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
I star in spoof.

Go.

Vroooom.
Wed 12/03/03 at 21:02
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Well I appoligise for trying *weeps pitifully* but don't think this will stop me, oh no. I have had a bad last few days and it has obviouslly effected my literacy capabilities. Damn womankind.
Wed 12/03/03 at 20:59
Regular
Although yours truly made a welcome appearance - I am unfortunately forced to repeat what many have said in this thread. It wasn't a bad spoof, but it just wasn't funny enough. Average would be a fair comment.

It kept me interested (just), and there were some humorous parts - such as Jeff's fiver, but for someone who wasn't included, I just can't see it interesting them or, indeed amusing them.
Wed 12/03/03 at 20:57
"period drama"
Lardy-di-dum-dah-*****r.

Would I do something like like?

Mulla-bulla-tulla-tosspot
Wed 12/03/03 at 20:52
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:

> Fibble-dum-di-die

Subliminal message hidden in the last 3 characters?
Wed 12/03/03 at 20:49
"period drama"
'Twas alright, but we've all had a bit of a dodgy one.
Even me *shock*

Fibble-dum-di-die
Wed 12/03/03 at 20:45
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
aninem - I didnt steal any jokes from the actual show, I just similirised them :-)
Wed 12/03/03 at 19:58
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Lol, twas tres funny. If only i were in it...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.