GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What makes the best game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/03/03 at 18:59
Regular
I think -Originality,Detail,plot,graphics,gameplay and addictiveness
Thu 13/03/03 at 17:33
Regular
"Severly mind-warped"
Sounds like something bad happened, I guess I'm happy I wasn't here ;)
Thu 13/03/03 at 17:29
Regular
Barker wrote:
> You make a good point about the everyone has a favourite genre part :)

hopefully it will be one of many good points i make now ive changed my ways.
Thu 13/03/03 at 17:28
Regular
Leech Zombie wrote:
> Pikmin was VERY original..far 2 short though...

i was just thinking, this would be a game which nintendo COULD make into a succesful online game.

as it looks on pikmin 2 you can play multiplayer, but im not sure if you will be fighting each other or helpping, maybe someone out there knows?

anyway, nintendo could make it that people can choose to be an enemy, or a good guy, then some people could be there trying stop the pikmin reaching home or something.

Also if u make it that you actually only control one pikmin this will once again take "co operation" into a new field, the computer could time how long it takes for you to help attack an enemy of hit a stone wall down, and if you do badly then you miss a game or something, all well, time will tell.
Thu 13/03/03 at 17:27
Regular
"Severly mind-warped"
You make a good point about the everyone has a favourite genre part :)
Thu 13/03/03 at 17:24
Regular
to make a good game lets see....

well we all have our fave genres, shooting, racing etc.

so for starters you will never get a "best" game, so really you have to focus on the best game for a genre, and even then there will be little details you like in games but something else lets it down.

one thing i will comment on..graphics.

as zelda has proven, graphics dont all have to be full 3D etc, but some graphics just dont fit up to standard, now a lot of you will moan "gameplay is everything, graphics doesnt matter", well yes in a way your right, but if you cant see a damn thing because the graphics are so blocky then the gameplay is let down.
Thu 13/03/03 at 17:18
"Lamer-24:7"
Pikmin was VERY original..far 2 short though...
Thu 13/03/03 at 17:17
Regular
"Severly mind-warped"
Super Mario Sunshine had a very good storyline. I mean, going round a island cleaning up ink, it takes a genius to come up with something like that. And what's more, it worked! Loads of people bought it, and probably enjoyed it. Mario with his side-kick FLUDD, you didn't see that one coming did you! ;)
Thu 13/03/03 at 17:15
"Lamer-24:7"
i 4give
Thu 13/03/03 at 17:13
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I don't think a good storyline is absolutely necessary to make a great game. Take Mario for example, it seems to have (generally) the same storyline yet the games are excellent...

Beat-Em-Ups are another example.
Thu 13/03/03 at 17:11
Regular
"Severly mind-warped"
For me, the best game MUST have a good storyline. Nothing is better than having a game that keeps you interested and intrigued by a storyline. Secondly, it should have decent to good graphics. Most people judge games straight away on graphics and are put of by games that look bad. I'm like that, if a game hasn't got a good storyline or good graphics I look elsewhere. Also, the game must have decent characters with good character backgrounds. That is why I enjoy RPGs because most have cool characters with very interesting backgrounds.
Those are the main factors I look for in a game. However, recently I've been looking at another factor before I purchase, and that is Longetivity. Games that I like that aren't really long I wait for and then I buy them when their price is reduced. No matter how good the game is I don't buy it unless it takes a while to complete because I feel that the longer games are worth the £35-£40 I pay for them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.