GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSO And Modem"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/03/03 at 11:05
Regular
I'm getting PSO tomorrow but I wish to know if anyone knows of any bundle offers that you can get? I.e. PSO + Modem for £70 etc.

And, can anyone tell me whether they've played it using the modem? Also, one final thing, does anyone know if there's an imminent release date for a keyboard in light of the release of PSO?

Cheers.
Thu 13/03/03 at 17:43
Regular
right heres my veiw on it...

the keyboard dilema, i feel this WILL be sorted out some time in the future, for now id rather have nintendo making top class games for online play and then they make the keyboard, but as soon as nintendo release the plans on how they will connect it (controller port, slot on bottom, adaptor, etc etc) then logic, game, etc will start to make their own, and probs release it before nintendo.

also online gaming...i dont see PSO as a good enough reason to go online, sorry but until more games come out for it, and also the whole "price" plan is made and deals come up, then i wont be getting it, i hardly play games as it is with coursework etc, and im not going to pay extra for just being able to say "i can play online".

in the future i hope price plans will be sorted and some great deals, id be willing to spend a "monthly" deal thing if it was right and ALL games went online just paying that monthly fee, also if there were a lot of games that would use the option.
Thu 13/03/03 at 16:09
Regular
Unbeliever wrote:
> Either way, it's still incompetant and it reflects badly on Nintendo
> as well.

True, though Nintendo haven't actually really moved into online gaming themselves, it's only sega who are currently bringing the cube online.
While it does still seem lame, and they no doubt had a say in bringing out PSO, it's not like *they'd* taken themselves online without being prepared and they can't fix their release schedules around the actions of third parties.
Thu 13/03/03 at 16:02
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Dr Duck wrote:
> *goes and checks*
>
> Yep, Lan-kwei have it for 75 Euros. Don't know what their postage is
> though.
>
> They have both modems too, but it'd probably be easier to get those
> here now.

That's about £50. What a stinking rip-off. I'll wait for the official one to come out over here. I've been waiting all the time for games so I guess it doesn't make too much difference anyway.
Thu 13/03/03 at 16:01
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Either way, it's still incompetant and it reflects badly on Nintendo as well.
Thu 13/03/03 at 16:00
Regular
*goes and checks*

Yep, Lan-kwei have it for 75 Euros. Don't know what their postage is though.

They have both modems too, but it'd probably be easier to get those here now.
Thu 13/03/03 at 15:59
Regular
Nintendo don't make the keyboard controller.

Go and whinge to Sega.
Thu 13/03/03 at 15:57
Regular
Apparently there's plans to release the keyboard controller in Europe sometime in May.
Thu 13/03/03 at 15:55
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
It's a bloody shambles. You'd think they could at least release the keyboard in time.

*fumes*
Thu 13/03/03 at 15:53
Regular
I had a look for a importer that sold the Keyboar controller, only one I could find was Goblin and they where charging about £70 for it.
Thu 13/03/03 at 15:52
Regular
You can get Phantasy Star Online + Modem/BB Adaptor from G***P**Y.com for £65.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.