GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just ONE Game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/03/03 at 20:23
Regular
So, I've at last got my finances together and thanks to Dixons (that's something I thought I'd never say) I should soon have a nice lil' Cibe under me telly.

I'll get a memory card with the Reddies I've got lying around, and I've got a GAD still to claim, which will be my 1st Cube game.

The question is what game should I get?
I'm pretty much clueless, but what, in your opinions, is the Cube's deifining title - the one everyone should have.

Taking into account that it'll have to be already released or very soon to be, and that it has to last a long time seeing as I'll have no money after this.
What'll it be?

Thankee kindly,
FFF
Fri 14/03/03 at 20:05
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Well I think he deserves to hear both sides, don't you? After all, it wouldn't be like the GC forum to be biased in any way....
Fri 14/03/03 at 20:00
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Christ, ignore Blank! ;)

SMS and ED rule. Be quiet.
Fri 14/03/03 at 19:57
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Had to make my earlier p[ost brief, but basically, don't get Mario Sunshine. It's not all it's made out to be. Sure, it's okay, but nothing more. It gets quickly boring - it's one of the games I haven't touched since my original spell on it (I completed it with just over half the shines about two weeks after release and the box has been gathering dust since then. That's about six months).

Also, throw Eternal Darkness out of the window - another one I haven't touched. And I didn't even complete this one! Dull.

Metroid Prime I can't argue against as I haven't played it. Although most of the people recommending it haven't played it either. Go figure.

So I'd get RE remake - if for nothing else, it's relatively cheap, meaning you can afford another game sooner. Plus the small fact that it's probably the best Cube game...
Fri 14/03/03 at 18:28
"period drama"
I've been wanting one for ages. And ages. And a few more ages after that.

But only now can I actually afford one.
Just.
And on the eve of some amazing titles, too.

For some reason I've become prone to breaking into little dances chanting "Gamecube!" over and over.
What very strange behaviour.

Anywho, this'll be the 1st ever time I'll have 2 consoles at once (gameboy's don't count)
And the best time to do so, in my opinion.

Huzzah!

*Dances*
*Chants*
Fri 14/03/03 at 15:52
Regular
It certainly seems like it. Tiltawhirl did a very pleasing post recently about how UK GameCube sales are on the up.
Fri 14/03/03 at 15:52
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Everyone came to their senses. I bought one after years of saying 'nintendos just not for me, I always a sega girly'.

I bought it because of the impending FF game and because of the Sega titles appearing on it, but now the titles I play the most are the ninty ones.

*Converted*
Fri 14/03/03 at 15:50
Regular
"everyone says it"
Pikmin is superb.

One of the best games ever.

Also, is everyone now buying a Gamecube or something?

Hah
Fri 14/03/03 at 15:48
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I reckon that Super Mario SunShine should be the game you get with your GameCube, for free.

Sure, there may be some other great 'free' titles on offer, but without a Mario game, Nintendo consoles just aren't the same. And Mario SunShine is a game that utilises every-last-part of the GameCube's controller, to help you get used to it, while it's also a lot of fun to play.

I know 2 people who have recently acquired themselves with Nintendo GameCubes, and Mario SunShine was the first game they got with it - and they love it!

And as for the GAD claim... I'd go for something with a good multi-player, like Super Monkey Ball 2, of Super Smash Bros. Melée, perhaps...

Welcome, to the real world. :)
Fri 14/03/03 at 10:31
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Resident Evil remake.
Fri 14/03/03 at 10:25
Regular
Berserko wrote:

> is Pikmin fun?

YES, i love it.

Its too short but i enjoyed every second of it, and trying to raise as many pikmin as possible in a day is brilliant for another week or so.

I wouldnt recommend it as a first game to buy, because its so short and ull complete it and then be bored, but if you have other games get it.

I heard that you can find it for £20 in some places, also it might come out under nintdendo player range thingy, so it will be £20 then.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.