GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Newbie Neverlution"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/12/01 at 18:02
Regular
I was in my office, specially provided by Special Reserve, always offering quality products at low, low prices, when knocking came at my door. I opened it to find a young woman at the door. It was evident from the mascara that had run down her face, that she had been crying. I asked her what was wrong, and as she came and sat down in my office she began to relate a story to me.

To cut a long story short, she was in fact Mystique, the forums protector from spam. With her mighty Stik she had defended the forums countless times. But there was a crisis at hand. Her Stik had been stolen, and the forums were being besieged by evil spam. I could not resist helping a damsel in distress. I vowed to get her Stik back, and save the forums from certain spamdom (whatever that means). The only lead I had was one Thunder Pants, who had been causing trouble on the forums.

I immediately began the search for him, and after using all my contacts, found out the area he was hiding in. As I approached the bridge I saw a figure standing on the stone railings.
“Don’t do it!” I yelled to the figure, assuming he wasn’t there for the nice view.
“Take it easy Sibs” replied a familiar voice, “ I wasn’t gonna kill the scumbag.” As the figure turned to face me I recognised it as Tiltawhirl. He was holding a quivering form by the scruff of the neck, whom he proceeded to throw to the ground.
“He was giving me abuse. Damn stupid Newbie!”
“Thunder Pants I presume” I said. “As far as I hear, you should be lying low. You’re not making many friends with the forum goers.”
“You ain’t got nothing on me! Just try and get me banned! I dare ya!” Thunder Pants spat.
“Don’t tempt me!” I yelled back. “Now tell me what you know about the Stik!” Thunder Pants looked around suspiciously.
“TELL HIM!” Tiltawhirl yelled, furious with rage.

“Boys! I need help!” Thunder Pants yelled to the shadows. I turned around as countless newbies emerged from the shadows. They slowly walked towards us, with a cocky confidence about them. We were more experienced, but Tiltawhirl and I alone could not defeat them all. As they closed on us, a black form silhouetted the moonlight, and jumped from the rooftop to meet us.
“Need any help Sibs?” came Ev][L~Darks voice.
“Always gotta make such a big entrance…” Tiltawhirl mumbled. But we were glad for the help. The three of us managed to fend off the newbies, but we couldn’t hold them forever. As one went down to our punches, another replaced them. We needed a way out.
“Anyone got a Game Boy?” I asked. Ev][L~Dark produced his brand new Game Boy Advance. I slammed in the mobile adapter and quickly called Strafex for help.

Within minutes he had arrived in his go-kart. He shot shells at the newbies, tripping them up, and we ran through the gap. The newbies tried to give chase to us, but they kept slipping on the strategically placed banana peels.

It was evident that we couldn’t take the Stik back easily. We would have to find the newbie hideout, and get the Stik back quickly, before any more harm came to the forums. I sent for Cooky and AfroJoe, and soon our team was complete. We were ready to put down the uprising once and for all, and restore the balance of the forums.

But we needed a way in. Something or someone to lead us to the whereabouts of the mighty Stik. Without it we could never be victorious. Luckily, we had connections to some troublesome newbies, who had recently shunned their old spamming ways, and become intelligent posters. These gave us the whereabouts of Thunder Pants’ stronghold.

We tooled up, ready for action. AfroJoe stored up two weeks of supplies in his mighty hair, while Tiltawhirl packed his Oxford Deluxe English Dictionary to knock some sense into those illiterate monkeys. Ev][L~Dark practised fighting moves on the latest version of Virtual Fighter for DreamCast, Strafex perfected his evil stare, and Cooky prepared the tactics. I sat watching. This mighty team, united by one thing, a love for Nintendo, was about to enter combat for a righteous cause.

We stormed into the ‘abandoned’ warehouse. Immediately yells came from all around. We knew we were in for the fight of our lives. Newbies came from all around us, and Cooky barked orders.
“Squad, get into alpha formation!”
We formed up and advanced through the hordes, beating off attacks from all sides.
“Cease!” came a strangely commanding voice from the top of a pile of crates. “I will deal with these.” It was Thunder Pants. He was holding the mighty Stik.

“Drop the Stik, you illiterate monkey!” Tiltawhirl shouted at Thunder Pants.
“Ha ha ha. You can’t stop me so long as I have the Stik!” The glass above Thunder Pants shattered as a figure dropped onto the crates next to Thunder Pants.
“No, but I can!” It was Mystique!

All hell broke loose. As Mystique duelled with Thunder Pants we tried to defend ourselves.
“Squad, evasive manoeuvres!” Cooky commanded. We obeyed, dodging all over the warehouse to avoid being pinned down. Strafex became cornered. He glared at them, sending several newbies running with fear, but there were too many. Tiltawhirl dove into the fray, pounding his heavy dictionary onto the heads of newbies. Meanwhile, Ev][L~Dark was tiring. Pulling off fighting moves was so much easier on a Dreamcast than in reality. I noticed a remote control for a crane device. Pushing away from my current confrontation I grabbed the hook with one hand and pushed the green button with the other. It jerked forwards, and I piled through hordes of newbies, before reaching Ev][L~Darks position and kicking his assailants over, into a pile of discarded boxes. AfroJoe was having no trouble fending off newbies. He pulled item after item from his hair, and threw it at the oncoming mass. A pile of unconscious newbies lay before him. Meanwhile, Cooky was safe behind his position with a set of blueprints.

Mystique was still locked in a deadly duel with Thunder Pants, but she was growing weak. Her mighty Stik had batted down on her too many times. Cooky noticed this, and began searching for a way up, but could find none. He then noticed a forklift truck, and managed to run to it without getting lynched. He put his foot down and sped towards the tall stack of crates at 5 mph. He piled through them, toppling the pile, and sending both Mystique and Thunder Pants flying. When they landed Thunder Pants found himself surrounded by the six friends.
“Come any closer and I’ll hit you with… huh? The Stik? NO!”
Mystique was now holding the Stik, picked up from the mass of wooden crates and other debris. We heard sirens in the distance. The cavalry had arrived. Tony walked in, and cuffed Thunder Pants.
“Thunder Pants, I’m sorry to have to do this but you’re banned. Forever.”

We had won. The newbie maniac Thunder Pants was stopped, and the Stik returned. Back at my office, Mystique walked in.
“I wanted to thank you for helping me get my Stik back.”
I figured that we had saved the day, and the hero should get the girl. I leant over to Mystique.
*Mystique smashes Sibs wiv Stik*

NO NEWBIES WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS STORY

STIK is a registered trademark of Mystique Inc. all rights reserved.
Fri 21/12/01 at 18:02
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I was in my office, specially provided by Special Reserve, always offering quality products at low, low prices, when knocking came at my door. I opened it to find a young woman at the door. It was evident from the mascara that had run down her face, that she had been crying. I asked her what was wrong, and as she came and sat down in my office she began to relate a story to me.

To cut a long story short, she was in fact Mystique, the forums protector from spam. With her mighty Stik she had defended the forums countless times. But there was a crisis at hand. Her Stik had been stolen, and the forums were being besieged by evil spam. I could not resist helping a damsel in distress. I vowed to get her Stik back, and save the forums from certain spamdom (whatever that means). The only lead I had was one Thunder Pants, who had been causing trouble on the forums.

I immediately began the search for him, and after using all my contacts, found out the area he was hiding in. As I approached the bridge I saw a figure standing on the stone railings.
“Don’t do it!” I yelled to the figure, assuming he wasn’t there for the nice view.
“Take it easy Sibs” replied a familiar voice, “ I wasn’t gonna kill the scumbag.” As the figure turned to face me I recognised it as Tiltawhirl. He was holding a quivering form by the scruff of the neck, whom he proceeded to throw to the ground.
“He was giving me abuse. Damn stupid Newbie!”
“Thunder Pants I presume” I said. “As far as I hear, you should be lying low. You’re not making many friends with the forum goers.”
“You ain’t got nothing on me! Just try and get me banned! I dare ya!” Thunder Pants spat.
“Don’t tempt me!” I yelled back. “Now tell me what you know about the Stik!” Thunder Pants looked around suspiciously.
“TELL HIM!” Tiltawhirl yelled, furious with rage.

“Boys! I need help!” Thunder Pants yelled to the shadows. I turned around as countless newbies emerged from the shadows. They slowly walked towards us, with a cocky confidence about them. We were more experienced, but Tiltawhirl and I alone could not defeat them all. As they closed on us, a black form silhouetted the moonlight, and jumped from the rooftop to meet us.
“Need any help Sibs?” came Ev][L~Darks voice.
“Always gotta make such a big entrance…” Tiltawhirl mumbled. But we were glad for the help. The three of us managed to fend off the newbies, but we couldn’t hold them forever. As one went down to our punches, another replaced them. We needed a way out.
“Anyone got a Game Boy?” I asked. Ev][L~Dark produced his brand new Game Boy Advance. I slammed in the mobile adapter and quickly called Strafex for help.

Within minutes he had arrived in his go-kart. He shot shells at the newbies, tripping them up, and we ran through the gap. The newbies tried to give chase to us, but they kept slipping on the strategically placed banana peels.

It was evident that we couldn’t take the Stik back easily. We would have to find the newbie hideout, and get the Stik back quickly, before any more harm came to the forums. I sent for Cooky and AfroJoe, and soon our team was complete. We were ready to put down the uprising once and for all, and restore the balance of the forums.

But we needed a way in. Something or someone to lead us to the whereabouts of the mighty Stik. Without it we could never be victorious. Luckily, we had connections to some troublesome newbies, who had recently shunned their old spamming ways, and become intelligent posters. These gave us the whereabouts of Thunder Pants’ stronghold.

We tooled up, ready for action. AfroJoe stored up two weeks of supplies in his mighty hair, while Tiltawhirl packed his Oxford Deluxe English Dictionary to knock some sense into those illiterate monkeys. Ev][L~Dark practised fighting moves on the latest version of Virtual Fighter for DreamCast, Strafex perfected his evil stare, and Cooky prepared the tactics. I sat watching. This mighty team, united by one thing, a love for Nintendo, was about to enter combat for a righteous cause.

We stormed into the ‘abandoned’ warehouse. Immediately yells came from all around. We knew we were in for the fight of our lives. Newbies came from all around us, and Cooky barked orders.
“Squad, get into alpha formation!”
We formed up and advanced through the hordes, beating off attacks from all sides.
“Cease!” came a strangely commanding voice from the top of a pile of crates. “I will deal with these.” It was Thunder Pants. He was holding the mighty Stik.

“Drop the Stik, you illiterate monkey!” Tiltawhirl shouted at Thunder Pants.
“Ha ha ha. You can’t stop me so long as I have the Stik!” The glass above Thunder Pants shattered as a figure dropped onto the crates next to Thunder Pants.
“No, but I can!” It was Mystique!

All hell broke loose. As Mystique duelled with Thunder Pants we tried to defend ourselves.
“Squad, evasive manoeuvres!” Cooky commanded. We obeyed, dodging all over the warehouse to avoid being pinned down. Strafex became cornered. He glared at them, sending several newbies running with fear, but there were too many. Tiltawhirl dove into the fray, pounding his heavy dictionary onto the heads of newbies. Meanwhile, Ev][L~Dark was tiring. Pulling off fighting moves was so much easier on a Dreamcast than in reality. I noticed a remote control for a crane device. Pushing away from my current confrontation I grabbed the hook with one hand and pushed the green button with the other. It jerked forwards, and I piled through hordes of newbies, before reaching Ev][L~Darks position and kicking his assailants over, into a pile of discarded boxes. AfroJoe was having no trouble fending off newbies. He pulled item after item from his hair, and threw it at the oncoming mass. A pile of unconscious newbies lay before him. Meanwhile, Cooky was safe behind his position with a set of blueprints.

Mystique was still locked in a deadly duel with Thunder Pants, but she was growing weak. Her mighty Stik had batted down on her too many times. Cooky noticed this, and began searching for a way up, but could find none. He then noticed a forklift truck, and managed to run to it without getting lynched. He put his foot down and sped towards the tall stack of crates at 5 mph. He piled through them, toppling the pile, and sending both Mystique and Thunder Pants flying. When they landed Thunder Pants found himself surrounded by the six friends.
“Come any closer and I’ll hit you with… huh? The Stik? NO!”
Mystique was now holding the Stik, picked up from the mass of wooden crates and other debris. We heard sirens in the distance. The cavalry had arrived. Tony walked in, and cuffed Thunder Pants.
“Thunder Pants, I’m sorry to have to do this but you’re banned. Forever.”

We had won. The newbie maniac Thunder Pants was stopped, and the Stik returned. Back at my office, Mystique walked in.
“I wanted to thank you for helping me get my Stik back.”
I figured that we had saved the day, and the hero should get the girl. I leant over to Mystique.
*Mystique smashes Sibs wiv Stik*

NO NEWBIES WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS STORY

STIK is a registered trademark of Mystique Inc. all rights reserved.
Fri 21/12/01 at 18:30
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
nice to see i kept well out of trouble :)

but if thunder pants attacked a group of inocent muffin's then he'd be in trouble
Fri 21/12/01 at 20:37
Regular
good story :)
Fri 21/12/01 at 21:59
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
lol! No newbies replied yet! Are they scared?

;-)
Fri 21/12/01 at 22:20
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
just remember we were all newbies once...

apart from tony.
Fri 21/12/01 at 22:22
Regular
Spamming Newbies?

This looks like a job for:

The Nintendo Elite.

Who needs to be a notable?

(Anyone who disagrees gets an "Evil Stare"!)

;-D
Fri 21/12/01 at 22:24
Regular
"pob, the originator"
Sibs wrote:
> lol! No newbies replied yet! Are they scared?

No. Bring it on Regular punk!
Fri 21/12/01 at 22:25
Regular
I, I, I'm not cockey.

I can't wait till I turn into a regular.
Fri 21/12/01 at 22:27
Regular
"pob, the originator"
Is it something like 20 days and 300 posts?
Fri 21/12/01 at 22:29
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
lol!

I knew some Newbies would take this the wrong way... in fact I was counting on that to get more replies
;-)

Anyways, This is not meant to insult Newbies who don't spam, etc. so if you are a 'good' newbie then you know who you are, and don't take offence.

If on the other hand you are an evil spamming newbie (or regular for that matter... or even a spamming notable :D) then beware...

Mystique will smash u wiv Stik!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.