GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Women Dancing Naked Around Poles"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/12/01 at 15:23
Regular
Ever wanted to be Polish?

Anyway, women in games are pathetic characters, as a whole. The sad geeky developers always try to give us their perfect woman, their little fantasy girl, and it just makes them look stupid. The Tomb Raider games were quite fun, but Lara Croft was a rubbish character. I can't believe that some people have posters of her in sexy poses on their bedroom walls. she even gets Valentine's cards. That's crazy!

Image if all blokey characters in games were Mr Adonis. How long would it be before we started posting about how stupid it was?

Women in games are ridiculous things.
Fri 21/12/01 at 15:53
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Meka_Dragon wrote:
> Women in games are ridiculous things.

Theres a few games with fat/ugly women in NOLF and Wolfenstein come to mind...

Pretty much all 'modern' RPGs have strong female characters (torment especially, but pretty much all)...

Comedy adventure titles generally involve strong female characters

Its Pretty much the same quotent as is on TV?

Although, with TV especially Ive noticed that although theres the odd call for 'normal' people to be on TV, and how they are tired of beautiful people on the screen all the time, whenever 'normal' people are stuck on the screen, they are the first to be the butt of jokes, which people dont complain aboust because 'they watch TV for escapism'...

I think its easier to blame video games because the the related stigma...

After all, would you be more likely to buy a magazine with 'Dot Cotten' wearing a transparent bikini and spreading herself aross the cover and centre spread?
Fri 21/12/01 at 15:47
Regular
"accidental superher"
ahh what a disappointment...where are teh dancing women???
Fri 21/12/01 at 15:37
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
You don't see many games with really ugly, cat-scaring women in them, that's for sure.
Fri 21/12/01 at 15:23
Regular
"not dead"
Ever wanted to be Polish?

Anyway, women in games are pathetic characters, as a whole. The sad geeky developers always try to give us their perfect woman, their little fantasy girl, and it just makes them look stupid. The Tomb Raider games were quite fun, but Lara Croft was a rubbish character. I can't believe that some people have posters of her in sexy poses on their bedroom walls. she even gets Valentine's cards. That's crazy!

Image if all blokey characters in games were Mr Adonis. How long would it be before we started posting about how stupid it was?

Women in games are ridiculous things.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.