GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Women Dancing Naked Around Poles"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/12/01 at 15:23
Regular
Ever wanted to be Polish?

Anyway, women in games are pathetic characters, as a whole. The sad geeky developers always try to give us their perfect woman, their little fantasy girl, and it just makes them look stupid. The Tomb Raider games were quite fun, but Lara Croft was a rubbish character. I can't believe that some people have posters of her in sexy poses on their bedroom walls. she even gets Valentine's cards. That's crazy!

Image if all blokey characters in games were Mr Adonis. How long would it be before we started posting about how stupid it was?

Women in games are ridiculous things.
Sat 22/12/01 at 05:41
I wouldn't do any of the nurses in Silent Hill 2.
Sat 22/12/01 at 00:48
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
what about the fat bird in quake 3 arena LOL
Fri 21/12/01 at 23:22
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> You don't see many games with really ugly, cat-scaring women in them, that's for
> sure.

There were some pretty freaky things in Nights - if only I had a SCART lead to play the damn thing!
Fri 21/12/01 at 23:21
Regular
Heh, didn't know that.
Fri 21/12/01 at 22:51
Regular
Samus seems to be a ood character, although they didn't know she was a "she" at the end the the second game in the series! :-D
Fri 21/12/01 at 17:50
Regular
Hmmm, I can't actually remember ever seeing her in the actual game itself...
Fri 21/12/01 at 17:38
Regular
"¬_¬"
Lord Semajal wrote:
> Jo dark is ok cos she had slightly more realistic proportions than
> lara.

Ahem

Also she has short hair. You cannont have long hair and use a
> gun (ie lara) it doesn't work.

Jo dark wasn't really very good though, because in all the pre-rendered screens she looked like a stumpy midget-woman and in the game she was fuzzy and improportioned. Better than lara croft though.
Fri 21/12/01 at 17:37
Regular
"¬_¬"
you're right, but the whole point of women is to draw in the punters, which TR did with great success. And the same with Duke Nukem 3D, which had these pole dancers you talk about. Has anyone seen the ending to Duke Nukem 3D. Very dodgy...
Fri 21/12/01 at 17:35
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
Jo dark is ok cos she had slightly more realistic proportions than lara.

Ahem

Also she has short hair. You cannont have long hair and use a gun (ie lara) it doesn't work.
Fri 21/12/01 at 16:20
Regular
Deus Ex, Snuggles.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.