GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X box live in lack of support shock, lol"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/03/03 at 18:09
Regular
Taken from www.spong.com

Eidos and EA not too keen.

Microsoft's European Xbox Live roll out gets underway today with the Internet service launching across eight countries. But despite the fact that the American giant is the first of the three main console manufacturers to establish network support on both sides of the Atlantic, its control over the system and management of subscriptions is putting off some major industry players.

This is the main concern of Eidos, who claim that Microsoft's intended monopoly over subscriptions leaves them with no incentive to collaborate.

"We're not supporting Xbox Live for the time being because we don't feel comfortable with Microsoft's business model - they own the consumer'', Eidos Chief Exec Mike McGarvey said last week. A spokesman for EA said merely, "We have no plans for online games with Xbox because we couldn't agree on the terms,''

So it seems that Microsoft's evil plans to take over the world have been mirrored in its latest venture - something that hasn't gone down too well with two of the bigger publishers. If this lack of support is to escalate, it may not bode well for Xbox Live in the future

ha ha
Fri 14/03/03 at 18:56
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Maverick42 wrote:
And shouldn't this be in
> the Xbox forum?

I think it's in every bloody forum.
Fri 14/03/03 at 18:47
Regular
This will certainly be a large blow to Microsoft - Eidos make some fantastic games, and a lot of EA's titles have great potential online (imagine a proper Tiger Wood's championship!). I don't really think it's something to gloat or laugh at though. And shouldn't this be in the Xbox forum?
Fri 14/03/03 at 18:46
Regular
Define Untitled - Idiot, Loser, Moron, Reject, Retard.

Your like those kids from school who rock back and forth saying to themselves "I like myself, Everyone should like me, I'm cool, don't you think"

Get a life....
Fri 14/03/03 at 18:41
Especially in America, whre all the yearly updated games are big hitters. Just ask any Yank, "what's your most highly anticipated game of the year?"

"NFL/NBA 2003!" they will say.
Fri 14/03/03 at 18:41
Regular
I own one EA game.

I am proud.
Fri 14/03/03 at 18:34
Regular
Tiger Woods 2003

*drools*

Chuck in FIFA, NBA and Ice Hockey titles. The Sims seems to do a bit of business (even if it does suck).
And probably a few more. They aren't exactly minnows.

Plus everything comes out at least once a year in mildly updated form...
Fri 14/03/03 at 18:12
Regular
Get a life you imbecile.

There are still plenty of games for the service, and since when did EA make more than one or two decent games a year? It's hardly a great loss is it.

And Eidos, the only game I know of by them is Tomb Raider, and that's a piece of crap.
Fri 14/03/03 at 18:09
Regular
"aliens exist"
Taken from www.spong.com

Eidos and EA not too keen.

Microsoft's European Xbox Live roll out gets underway today with the Internet service launching across eight countries. But despite the fact that the American giant is the first of the three main console manufacturers to establish network support on both sides of the Atlantic, its control over the system and management of subscriptions is putting off some major industry players.

This is the main concern of Eidos, who claim that Microsoft's intended monopoly over subscriptions leaves them with no incentive to collaborate.

"We're not supporting Xbox Live for the time being because we don't feel comfortable with Microsoft's business model - they own the consumer'', Eidos Chief Exec Mike McGarvey said last week. A spokesman for EA said merely, "We have no plans for online games with Xbox because we couldn't agree on the terms,''

So it seems that Microsoft's evil plans to take over the world have been mirrored in its latest venture - something that hasn't gone down too well with two of the bigger publishers. If this lack of support is to escalate, it may not bode well for Xbox Live in the future

ha ha

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.