GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X box live in lack of support shock, lol"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/03/03 at 18:09
Regular
Taken from www.spong.com

Eidos and EA not too keen.

Microsoft's European Xbox Live roll out gets underway today with the Internet service launching across eight countries. But despite the fact that the American giant is the first of the three main console manufacturers to establish network support on both sides of the Atlantic, its control over the system and management of subscriptions is putting off some major industry players.

This is the main concern of Eidos, who claim that Microsoft's intended monopoly over subscriptions leaves them with no incentive to collaborate.

"We're not supporting Xbox Live for the time being because we don't feel comfortable with Microsoft's business model - they own the consumer'', Eidos Chief Exec Mike McGarvey said last week. A spokesman for EA said merely, "We have no plans for online games with Xbox because we couldn't agree on the terms,''

So it seems that Microsoft's evil plans to take over the world have been mirrored in its latest venture - something that hasn't gone down too well with two of the bigger publishers. If this lack of support is to escalate, it may not bode well for Xbox Live in the future

ha ha
Mon 17/03/03 at 19:19
Regular
Untitled wrote:

>
> Ea are the largest publisher in the world, so i would think that not
> having them on board is a pretty big deal u retard. just ask nintendo,
> why do u think they just struck such a bog deal with EA? fifa, medal
> of honour, and all the american loved sports titles are made by EA so,
> also eidos make timesplitters, and tomb raider, and just because you
> dont have like tomb raider doesnt make it a bad game, in fact it
> seems that whatever you think, the majority of the population disagree
> with since, tomb raider is one of the best selling franchises ever you
>

Try learning to spell before you attempt to insult people.

They are still being released on the XBox you fool, just not online. Timesplitters is average at best, Tomb Raider is Playstation exclusive anyway, and who would want Medal of Honour when you can play multi-player Unreal Championship or Halo?

Add to that, online sports games are lame, and the rest of EA's games are crap anyway.

Use your head, moron.
Mon 17/03/03 at 19:14
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
And which great online games have EA created in it's long history ? Eidos ?

Erm.....can't name one.

Hence. who cares ?
Mon 17/03/03 at 11:02
"For the horde!!!!"
EA are indeed important in sales even if some of their titles arn't so good.
Mon 17/03/03 at 09:38
Regular
"aliens exist"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Get a life you imbecile.
>
> There are still plenty of games for the service, and since when did EA
> make more than one or two decent games a year? It's hardly a great
> loss is it.
>
> And Eidos, the only game I know of by them is Tomb Raider, and that's
> a piece of crap.

Ea are the largest publisher in the world, so i would think that not having them on board is a pretty big deal u retard. just ask nintendo, why do u think they just struck such a bog deal with EA? fifa, medal of honour, and all the american loved sports titles are made by EA so, also eidos make timesplitters, and tomb raider, and just because you dont have like tomb raider doesnt make it a bad game, in fact it seems that whatever you think, the majority of the population disagree with since, tomb raider is one of the best selling franchises ever you
Sat 15/03/03 at 12:51
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Eidos - Deus Ex, Hitman, Project IGI to name but a few.
Sat 15/03/03 at 12:50
Regular
Whitestripes wrote:

> And Eidos, the only game I know of by them is Tomb Raider, and that's
> a piece of crap.

THey made part of Timeplitters 2.
Sat 15/03/03 at 12:43
"For the horde!!!!"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Define Untitled - Idiot, Loser, Moron, Reject, Retard.

I can't decide which one so I will say he is all of them
Fri 14/03/03 at 19:42
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Eidos are no big loss and EA can't seem to stop with lazy ports. Dunno why I'm even bothering to reply to this crap topic - I've yet to see a decent topic by Untitled and I'm not gonna hold my breath for one either.
Fri 14/03/03 at 19:00
Regular
Let's imagine here that all of EA's games go online, and I have an XBox with a Live subscription.

I would own one EA game.
Fri 14/03/03 at 18:57
Regular
Like maverick said, EA has a LOT of titles which would fit nicely into online gaming.

All the sports titles could be online, and the sims...plus the amount of shooters they make.

As from past top 10 charts, even thought its another year title, or another add on, or even a licence, EA games sell big time, and i think if they stop producing games for a certian format, that formats in trouble. Just look at the dreamcast, as EA pulled out it went down the drain.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.