GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TV Consolation."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/12/01 at 09:41
Regular
Imagine if you wil a widescreen TV (not to hard), but with every next-gen console built in. Imagine the fun you'd have. You're watching TV, nothing on, press a button on your remote, and on pops the X-Box. After an hour or two of Halo, you save in search of a new challenge. On goes the PS2 playing Metal Gear Solid 2. So then you've finished that and to want to play a fun game, a fast game, a crazy game. Super Monkey Ball. So on goes the GameCube. Wouldn't that be fun. You'd need to be rich though. Then you could customise it with a fridge, or Microwave and....sorry, getting carried away.
Fri 21/12/01 at 09:41
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Imagine if you wil a widescreen TV (not to hard), but with every next-gen console built in. Imagine the fun you'd have. You're watching TV, nothing on, press a button on your remote, and on pops the X-Box. After an hour or two of Halo, you save in search of a new challenge. On goes the PS2 playing Metal Gear Solid 2. So then you've finished that and to want to play a fun game, a fast game, a crazy game. Super Monkey Ball. So on goes the GameCube. Wouldn't that be fun. You'd need to be rich though. Then you could customise it with a fridge, or Microwave and....sorry, getting carried away.
Fri 21/12/01 at 09:44
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
You could buy 'em all seperate, but it'd have to many cables, and take up loads of room.
Fri 21/12/01 at 09:56
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
That would be great and it's quite similar to my setup with my consoles. My Playstation and Dreamcast share a TV, my N64 has it's own TV and the PC has a moniter - of course.

uksgamer2002 wrote:
> You could buy 'em all seperate, but it'd have to many cables, and take up loads
> of room.

Yep, there would be a heck of a lot of cables and it would take up a heck of a lot of room. Behind my TV, there's about 20 cables, for my 4 surround sound speakers, hi-fi, hi-fi speakers, TV, electric globe, Sky Digibox, TV, Video Recorder and DVD player. My PC has a lot of cables behind, possibly even more than my TV, because it has to cope with 2 speakers, a Sub Woofer speaker, 2 pairs of headphones, a monitor, a PC, a game pad, a printer a scanner and a 2 way selector switch. Also, my N64 is right next to my PC, so add an N64, 3 controllers and a TV onto that one.

My dad's an electrician, so we have a lot of cables and equipment!
Fri 21/12/01 at 18:27
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Nobody likes a showoff Salevaa.

Anyone seen my latest TV............it has a fridge built in.....but enough about me.

That TV is never likly to happen, as the companys would have to make an agreement. If sony really wanted to, they could make a TV with a PS2 built in, or Panasonic could make one with a Gcube built in, but never all three.
Only problem with this is if the console went out of date, you would be stuck with the console. Or if either the TV or Console broke, both would have to be fixed.

In theory, it would be great though.
Fri 21/12/01 at 19:55
"High polygon count"
Sony have apparently been considering a TV/PS" combo since the machine was launched - not sure it's any nearer to becoming a reality though.

The 'out-of-date' issue is perfectly valid, but then they've been making TV/VCR combos for years, and recently we've seen the introduction of TV/DVD combos... so a TV/console combo isn't *that* inconceivable!
Fri 21/12/01 at 19:59
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
TomUK wrote:
> Nobody likes a showoff Salevaa.

Anyone seen my latest TV............it has a
> fridge built in.....but enough about me.

Me, a show off? Never! Meh, and you can talk you.

Nobody likes a showoff TomUK. I am a little niggled at you but I agree that it's likely to never be manufactured, much like the chair with a built-in toilet. The thing is, many people would like these two inventions, but they're not "politically correct". Since when do the government, stockists and manufacturers speak for the general public? Can you say stupid or what!?
Fri 21/12/01 at 20:02
Regular
"I like cheese"
TomUK wrote:
> Nobody likes a showoff Salevaa.

No, a highly respected Notable such as myself dislikes show-offs.
Fri 21/12/01 at 20:05
Regular
"¬_¬"
A few months ago in Official UK PS2 mag, there was a compo to win the ultimate lay-z-boy, which had in-built fridge, telephone etc. looked the bomb, and would complement the tv well.
Fri 21/12/01 at 20:11
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Yeah, I saw that, damn it made me want one!

Oh well, I suppose I will have to save up the money in my gold card bank account, and ask a couple of my highly paid friends, to give me some more money, on top of the considerable amount that I already have, in order to put one of these chairs in each of my 5 living rooms!

:)
Fri 21/12/01 at 21:28
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
I read a point below about the idea never happening as the companys would not work together. This is the truth I'm afraid, and a real shame. Oh well, can't have everything. And if they did, who on here could afford it? It would probably cost the same as an Audi TT!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.